Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thanksgiving Exchange

Hello Friends!

I just found out that my partner for a personal Thanksgiving Exchange received the package I sent to them. My partner was Goldie and here's what I stitched 'specially for her!

I stitched Prairie Schooler "Harvest Time" Sampler's central motif for Thanksgiving seen above and I turned it into:



A Flatfold!!
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Design Leaflet: Harvest Time
Fibers: DMC
Fabric: 28 ct Hand-dyed "by moi" evenweave

I added the leaves in the corner to give it a little UMPH! and I think it turned out great! The little Tom Turkey sitting there to the side is a little extra fella that went along for the ride :) GOBBLE * GOBBLE I also sent Shepherds Bush "Be Thankful" pattern, JABCO buttons for the pattern and a nice cut of 10 ct. Tula from Silkweaver in "Days Gone By" color for Goldie to create another fantastic pillow for herself (She's made one prior that was stunning!)

So! that does it for me for today....changed up my blog a bit...actually I worked on it all day...I'm trying to make it cute....we'll see how it works out....

Until next time...... always reach for your needle and thread - it will bring you comfort!

29 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous turkey! I love the umph that the leaves give. Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute...I've still got to try a flatfold finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!!! That turkey flat fold is so wonderful!!!!! I think I might have to stitch that one.

    I was driving home today and I thought of you. I bought a Shepard's Bush ornament to stitch and I was daydreaming about sending it to you for your fabulous finishing work! When I get done with it I will probably contact you for that~

    love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flatfold and I love the leaf additions you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vonna,

    You did a great job on that! I like your own special addition at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish! I just love turkeys;they are one of my all-time favorite holiday themes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the turkey! I love The Prairie Schooler designs too! Great job!
    I made a turkey for a wreath (I made for myself) that I started in 1987 and finished about 2002. Can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The turkey looks wonderful !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you do a great job with the way your blog looks. If I had those skills I might try blogging instead of just visiting. The flat fold is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish. The backing fabric is too perfect!
    Hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finish. The backing fabric is too perfect!
    Hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice finish! The leaves are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you've finished this Vonna. It's perfect!

    Rob's RR looks fantastic! I love the seaside theme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely the "turkey". And the new look is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful flatfold! I love the leaves! Your blog is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The leaves add a special touch and it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous as always!! I just love it! Nice choice and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This turkey is too cute! I love the design and the finish. Those fall leaves in the corner set it off so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another gorgeous finish! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am in awe of your finishing skillz, seriously! How do you make it so perfect looking? No matter how hard I try, I can't get that look :P It is beautiful Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Thanksgiving flatfold

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is gorgeous! I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect design for our Thanksgiving exchange! And of your finishing is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant - it's perfect, Vonna. You have amazing taste and incredible finishing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous flatfold, Vonna!! You did great job :) Have a very happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous turkey Vonna. PS sure knows how to design them and you sure know how to stitch and finish them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this design and what a great job of finishing you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher