Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Goodies...





Hidey Ho Neighbors! Here is is Tuesday and the day before I'm supposed to have 6 people ready to travel for the rest of the week....not to mention that I have a stack of finishing I MUST get done today! So time is short.....*as always* and for most of you too, I'm sure :)



Well I received my lovely squares from the latest Fair and Square Round from sweet Milly. Milly and I became acquainted when I joined her LHN/CCH Yahoo group and she's a fantastic lady. She's also a model stitcher for Diane and everyone's friend and neighbor!



Squares from Milly



And Lindsay of the Caring Stitcher Blog held a contest and I won these delightful scissors (one more for my board!) and then she sent this lovely beaded snowflake ornament along too...it is totally gorgeous and I don't know how she did it, but I love it and it shall have a place of honor on our tree (really soon!). Thank you Lindsay! You are a sweet heart and I love, love, love the scissors and ornament!





Breast Cancer Awareness Scissors and pretty pink beaded snowflake from Lindsay

I guess that does it for me today....like I said...LOADS of finishing, even more LOADS of laundry, gotta fit in some stitching somewhere...then it will be on to some packing for our road trip. I also have to apologize for not being a more frequent visitor and commenter on everyone's blogs. I have been working, volunteering at my kids school and dozen other things....I've saved everyone's posts in my reader and I am hoping to get a few moments to go through some of them soon. So don't think I'm ignoring you, I just am playing "catch up" on a lot of things!


Until next time.....stitch til you're little heart is content!

22 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna,
    You bring back such good memories with three words "hidey ho neighbor"! I can't tell you how much we all loved that show (still do) and hated to see it go! What happened to the days of family sitcoms everyone could enjoy? Ah well. Your exchange and gifts are beautiful. I'm truly impressed with the snowflake & would love to know how to do that! Is it stiff or more flexible? Just lovely! Good luck with all the work to do and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes well and you and your family have a really nice thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Caroline where are those family nights of sitcom..*sigh*

    Lovely work and I just love the snowman you are working on..

    Have a great turkey day..

    Nana
    Fl
    http://nanascraper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, your energy amazes me!!! You make everything you do sound fun. Seriously!
    That Milly is just precious! and she does such beautiful work:) Love the squares she sent you! and how wonderful are the scissors and snowflake!!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The squares are so pretty. Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Vonna,

    Have a safe trip and a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck keeping up with everyting, Vonna! Wishing you well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those squares are gorgeous!!!! And the beaded ornament is amazing!!!
    Have a very nice trip and happy thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, that's a gorgeous snoflake ornie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Vonna,

    It's the first time that I visit your blog. I liked very much. You has beautiful things.

    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  13. Milly's squares look nice. Hope you have a safe trip and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad they arrived safely and the snowflake looks like it made it in one piece, if it starts to go floppy paint it with clear nail varnish or watered down PVA.

    Love the sqaures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful holiday, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care and have a great Holiday!
    p/s the squares are wonderful and the scissors and beaded snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely scissors and pink snowflake! Please ask Lindsay if she would be willing to share how she made the snowflake. I would love to try one.

    Linda in MA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vonna I just love your blog!! Your scissor ides is great!! I may have to "borrow" the idea...but first I need some more scissors...LOL. Love the beaded snowflake and your kitty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those scissors are so cute! I think I'm going to have to get myself a pair.

    Have a fun road trip - are you heading down to SW Indiana? I'm fortunate that I only have to travel a mile "to grandma's house". :)

    Happy a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely squares, scissors and ornament. Have a lovely holiday and a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What lovely squares to get, and the scissors and snowflake are delightful as well. Good luck getting everything done that you have on your list, it sounds like you're going to be quite busy. Hope your Thanksgiving was delicious and safe. BTW, I tagged you for the 6 things about me list. However, those go around so often it is hard to track who all has been tagged, so if you've already been tagged please ignore it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Vonna, I have a job keeping up with blogs and I only have me and hubby to look after.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher