Monday, November 03, 2008

Final Round Done and Dusted in Hello Neighbor!

Hello Friends! I'm doing a jig tonight! *Tippity Tap - Tappity Tip*

Because I finished the final square on the Hello Neighbor Round Robin that I've participated in since June 2007! Whoo Hoo! Done!!! I don't have my neighborhood back yet, and it won't come back complete because we hit a road bump along the way....but I'm proud that most of the RR's in my group are going home completed and I'm happy that Rob's is complete because she is the hero that rescued my own round robin piece.

Here's what I stitched for Rob's Seaside Neighborhood:
Design: Block #5 taken from Carriage House Samplings
"Shores of Hawk Run Hallow"
I fancied this block because it had the "widow's walk" on the house with a lady looking on the seascape....I can just imagine her surprise when she saw the mermaid next door :)
And you will too when you see the entire Neighborhood here:


It was a fabulous experience - I can now say I participated in a Round Robin. Don't know how soon I'll sign up for another of these (or if I'll ever be asked again for that matter) but I did enjoy it while it lasted. I'm looking forward to not having this Neighborhood hanging over my head....another thing to mark off my list!

We had a fabulous weekend! On Saturday we sort of "winter-ized" our landscaping. I put up the Halloween Decorations for the year. Then on Sunday we went to a local state park and it was a beautiful day - the maple trees were just stunning!

Thank you for all the sweet comments on Chatter Box. He continues to thrive and fit in well with our family! He's learned to hide himself *really* well when he wants to get away from the attention. But he's a sweet natured fellow and is 9 times out of 10 in the middle of the fray! LOL!

I guess that's it for me today....on the eve of this major election, all I will say is: please take the time to educate yourself on the major issues of this election year - it goes much, much deeper than just the economy (although that's deep enough to hurt!)....I'm proud to be an American and I will use my vote tomorrow to uphold the morals and values that I cherish, and by living in this fine country - "the land of the free" - we are all able to vote our own views because of those men and women that have bravely protected and served our country in order that we can remain free. Don't squander your vote! It's too precious of a commodity to take for granted!

41 comments:

  1. A beautiful Seaside Neighborhood it is

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely robin! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!What a wonderful seaside neighborhood!!!! Each square is unique and beautifully stitched!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been part of an RR. Love the seaside theme. Is it really going to be used as a chair cover?
    How about some more photos of Chatty, please! What a beautiful cat. One of my little kittens has been adopted. Don't know if I'm happy or sad over this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your addition to the seaside RR is beautiful! I love the widow's walk also. Oh, and I am with you on the whole voting issue. I voted early this election.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a beachy theme for my Neighborhood RR too. I need to add one more house to mine. That may be the next thing I'll work on since I just finished a Halloween ornament. Yep, I'm that slow.
    Being for a 'mixed' party house, it was interesting to see which direction Sean leaned to. He is good about looking at the issues, but he also cares about the environment and global warming. He is a senior Geography major at Penn State with a Climatology minor. I'm proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Seaside Neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing yours when you get it back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice RR, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the finish!

    And as for the election - I and the rest of the world are watching anxiously. I know who I would like to get in but last time I mentioned it in a comment, I offended someone, so I won't say :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely! How detailled!!

    Me and the husband always vote here in Portugal (although the type of elections are different the end result is the same - people trying to choose the best way they can). We are following it and know how important it is not only for US but for all the world. We hope all of you choose well.
    Best regards and will be thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your RR finish. What a fabulous addition to this piece. Rob will be thrilled to have her neighbourhood arrive home again.

    Chatter Box is too cute for words. What a great addition to your family.

    Today is election day and although we are now far away we are sharing in the excitement via CNN. DH & I have planned to stay up all night if necessary to get the news first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a feantastic sampler and you have obviously put a lot of work into it!
    Good luck with your election...we over here are a bit sick of it..our elections go on for about 3 weeks...not months and month, and dont have so much publicity or mud slinging...but I guess the world will be watching this one.
    Personally I think cross stitchers should run the world..we seem much nicer and far more sensible!
    lol
    gaynor

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful neighborhood! I wouldn't mind living there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful square for a beautiful RR! You should definitely be proud of yourself for completing this...it's something I'd like to do, but don't think that I can commit to yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your RR finish!!! Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on getting it done, it's a lovely square!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wahoo on the rr finish! I voted last week, I still had to wait in line for 2 hours and twenty minutes. But, I knew it would be worse today.
    Glad Chatty is doing well!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vonna,
    This RR is beautiful - love all the houses picked. Amen to the voting - it's a privilege and we all need to stand up and have our say in the process. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your house on the RR!

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful RR! stunning...it really lets the imagination flow doesn't it...dreaming up little stories and situations...congrats on being in a successful RR!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your finish! I love the block that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely RR - I especially love your square - that's the motif that inspired me to buy Shores of Hawk Run Hollow!

    Thanks for the PSA on the election!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of the most beautiful RR's I've seen yet! I love it! and your piece made it even more beautiful! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, the newest stichin' handiwork is amazing, Vonna...truly amazing! Glad you're enjoying this beautiful Nov. weather too! You need to post some pics of your cute kiddos on Halloween. From the sound of it their costumes were great! Love ya' and miss ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a stunning piece!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful work...Happy Dance


    Nana
    Fl
    http://nanascraper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the finish! I love the whole neighborhood!
    Chatty is beautiful! I miss not having a pet.
    Happy election day! I voted last week. No line. No exit poll-ers (that was the BEST) and no "bodies" holding campaign signs surrounding the building. I think I will vote early every year just to avoid that mess!
    Happy day!
    ~~Martha~~

    ReplyDelete
  29. That RR looks fabulous and so does your cat :)

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely RR! I do know they can be time consuming though!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the round robin! Congrats on finishing.

    I just started my last piece in group three. As much as I love round robins I will thrilled to have fulfilled my commitment so I can move on to other projects guilt free.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your new layout...did you just change that? It's so fitting and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow ,that is amazing is that a what you call a round robin ,god i luv the block the hawks of run hollow was a great choice ,mary

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is a beautiful RR.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Like the background better!
    Tweet Tweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous4:13 PM

    Like the background better!
    Tweet Tweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my gosh, you finished it! *happy dances* I love her NRR, and your house is so perfect for it. It makes me want to start stitching Shores of Hawk Run Hollow right this very moment :D Congrats Vonna! I am SOOO close to being done with Von’s another few hours on it!

    Love your new blog layout, and love your new kitty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great RR - I love the house you chose to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful RR finish.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The RR looks fabulous, it must be a refief that it all coming to a close.

    Love the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher