Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My last ornament....

Hello Friends :o)

Today i received my final ornament in the Ornament Swap Club that I'm in....I'm sure gonna miss these packages :o(

Here's what sweet Julianne stitched for me....isn't it darling? I love it, and so does my Ellie who happily is carrying it around saying put up our "tistmas tree"! :o)

Christmas Reindeer Ornament from sweet Julianne

Don't you just love those Christmas lights around the perimeter? I sure do! THANK YOU Julianne, you did a spectacular job :o) as always.....!!!!!

So with a heavy heart I show you my spectacular basket of goodies...my receiving time has come to an end :o) And I'm a hog to want it to last every month...but who cares?! Wouldn't you want it to go on forever if you received treasures like these?:


A tisket a tasket a filled to the brim wire basket

Well....what else is going on? Hmmm.....well I have some PIF's to get done, and I've decided what I'm going to do and what I'm going to stitch. Hmmm.....now for the stitching. Today I went to my LNS to pick up some 30 ct. linen as I didn't have any....and they had some R&R Creek Bed Brown *perfect* for some projects I've got on the "list".

Now that the only exchanges that I'm in are either my Fair and Square and the Ornament Swap, I'm getting much more time to pick and choose and finishing things for me....it's a nice change, I'm glad I decided to do it. The next thing I'm going to think about doing is going a chart diet. I've got so much crap....I mean really cute stuff....that I want to stitch...but I just keep getting more and more and more and more....So I'm kicking around a slow down....we'll see.....

Did you see the Victoria Sampler's project in the Gift of Stitching? WOW! That's all I'm going to say...but I could see that working into my rotation...yea....like I have one....

Ok, well that's enough blathering for me today....until next time...keep reaching for your stitching! :o)

***WALKING CHRONICLES*** Still truckin' but I'm doing it during daylight...I got scared a few weeks ago...and I changed to walking the "loop" after I drop the kids off at school...its working and walking is walking, right? I think the "scaredness" came from the fact that I was reading a scarey book...and then I "heard" something and kept imagining all sorts of horrible things. So I ran home (no fooling) and told my DH that I would walk in the light...be gone the dark side....

***GRATEFUL NEEDFULS*** my little boys, my sweetie girls and a daily rosary said with my husband for important intentions.


32 comments:

  1. It's definitely time to put up that Christmas tree to show off those gorgeous ornaments, Vonna!! That last one is another beauty! I need to scroll down now because there's one tucked away at the back that I think I haven't seen yet... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lights around the pinkeep. What a great idea! You have an awesome basket of gorgeous finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great basket of ornaments! I am waiting on my fabric to arrive so I can begin on Victoria's Quaker. I will probably change a color.

    I am also going on stash diet and doing some major cutting back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've gotta find out where those little lights came from. Inquiring minds need to know!

    Also, the music. Man, you are going to get me trouble at work! I have to remember to mute before I click over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, isn't Julianne just so clever and sweet??? What a CUTE ornament :) I know you must be thrilled with all your ornaments...I can't wait until it gets to me...I have a long wait though :) LOL!! It'll be worth it :)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dianne3:51 PM

    You have some awesome decorations there! The Christmas lights are so fun. I have some for a dollhouse, so I'd say look in the miniature section of a craft store.
    I don't blame you for walking during daylight. I'm glad you are still trekking along. Which I could join you. Most of the nearby neighbors I have are over 70. I should try and start a walking club at our church in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you don't want this exchange to end, look at all the lovelies you've received!
    Isn't it nice to have a bit of stitching time for you? I'm extending the year of selfish stitching indefinitely :o) Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you don't want this exchange to end, look at all the lovelies you've received!
    Isn't it nice to have a bit of stitching time for you? I'm extending the year of selfish stitching indefinitely :o) Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome looking basket !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna,

    I'm happy that the ornament is a hit with little Ellie.

    I too am relieved to hear that you're walking in the daylight. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the ornaments! What a great way to prepare for decorating your tree!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a beautiful basket of goodies! I'd love to do an ornie exchange like that. Your story about walking in the daylight now was too funny. I would have done the same thing! Now that my DBF is out of town, I am a chicken once it's dark outside. I jump at EVERY little noise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely haul o' ornies!

    Good idea on the walking during the daytime. It's just overall safer - traffic can see you better and it's harder for "unsavory" critters (4-legged and 2-legged) to lurk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely stitching. What a great way to display your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an excellent idea placing the lights around the ornament! I love all your ornies they are all beautiful. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your basket of ornaments is spectacular! They are all really beautiful. I did see the new Gift of Stitching. I think that Victoria Sampler's project is going on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great basket of ornaments. Julianne did a fantastic ornament. I can just see Miss Ellie holding the ornie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That reindeer ornies is too cute :) You've received bautiful ornies last month...your xmas tree will look spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dang those are some lovely ornies! And I can see the urgency with putting that darlign reindeer up on the twistmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yet another great ornament! I do love the little light bulbs around the edging. That's a pretty impressive basket of ornaments you have there. It's always nice to receive a gift in the mail.

    I agree the Victoria Sampler piece is just beautiful and crying out to be stitched by me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Walking during daylight sounds better to me, anyway. LOL!

    What a fabulous assortment of goodies you've received during this exchange. And what lovelies you've sent out, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. A lovely basket of ornies! You deserve it!

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful basket of ornaments! There's no wonder you don't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello
    I totally understand your daughter!
    with such beatiful decorations I would have to get it done. I'm counting the days to the first of December to put up my Christmas tree an the nativity scene I have that belonged to my father, grandfather and great grand father. Some of the images on it I even saw in a museum in Lisbon one day, a museum of popular arts.
    Hope the walkings go along well. Books and movies sometimes do that, get us scared with no reason at all.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet ornament for your last, and what a gorgeous basket full of them! This must have been so much fun, and now look at what you have to help you celebrate the holidays!

    Yes, I saw the project by Victoria's Sampler! Isn't it beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love the little reindeer, and how clever to use the bulb trim! Your ornaments are all just beautiful, you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vonna, all of your ornaments are so lovely. What a treat! I can see why Ellie loves the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving that basket full of goodies Vonna! Great things!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving that basket full of goodies Vonna! Great things!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been loving watching your ornies trickle in through the mail - it's almost enough to get me back into exchanges myself :) They're going to look wonderful on the tree this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable ornament! I love the beads around it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on all the wonderful ornies! Your tree will be very well-dressed this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher