Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sweet Ornaments :)

Good-day Friends! Hope you all are having a lovely day. Today is laundry day for my household - ho hum....
But the day went from GLUM to GLAM when the mailman came because he brought me these ornaments from Our Christmas Ornament Swap:

"My Christmas Pear"
by Hands to Work
Taken from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue 2005
32 ct. belfast cream linen
Stitched by the lovely Staci

Isn't it lovely? Isn't it perfect? I absolutely LOVE it! Thank you sweet Staci for this treasure!

Next Up - look at this:




Snowman and Cardinal
by Prairie Schooler
taken from Santas and Snowmen Leaflet
32 ct. Summer Khaki
DMC
Stitched by the lovely BeckySC

Isn't it CUTE??? I love the strung red beads that Becky used as the hanger...it reminds me of sweet, juicy cranberry garland hung on a tree! I LOVE this one too! Thank you Becky!

Both of these additions will be lovely treasured heirlooms to hang on our tree this year! Thank you ladies!!!!

Have you gotten the newest Just Cross Stitch Ornament Magazine for this year????? I have and I've already started an ornament last night....care to guess which one?! Hmmm??? Let me say this about the ornament I'm stitching: It's a deviation from what the designer usually submits for the magazine. And I love it and I have a fabulous idea for finishing it.

AND I finished my "carry along" WIP last night which also happens to be a Christmas Ornament....I hope to finish it today/this evening and show you soon :o)

I was just called to go into work tonight....that STINKS!!! Now I have to scramble to get everything in order for the kids to function prior to their Daddy getting home. I think this may be the beginning of the end for the person that called in "sick". I think he doesn't like the job and is interviewing with someone else...if that is so, then I am in BIG trouble....there are just not any Microbiologists that want to work in the Clinical Laboratory, so since we are few and far between and I'm the only one...that will mean daily working (I'm not kidding) if this guy leaves. Oh, the horror...and since we're a Clinical Lab (Hospital) that means we never close....so 7 days a week. It's already just me and this other guy (my supervisor) that works in there....if he leaves (which I think he is or will soon because of his unhappiness).....I'm up a creek so to speak....oh well as Scarlett O'Hara said, "I'll worry about that tomorrow..."

Until next time my dear friends - remember to floss daily! :o)



**GRATEFUL NEEDFULS***
1. My job - I really DO love being a Microbiologist
2. My washing machine - can you imagine doing laundry like the old days?
3. My husband - even though I got mad at him this morning he's mine and I love him - most of the time ;o) Just kidding!

30 comments:

  1. Both ornaments are gorgeous! Lucky you :) My ornament issue should be on the way, since I got the PayPal invoice and paid for it yesterday :D

    Sorry about your job, hope everything works out OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Those are 2 beautiful ornaments. Sometimes living in Canada makes me mad, the JCS Ornament issue isn't available here yet. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blog header! I love your little ornaments too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo, if you got your ornie issue, then mine's on the way! Squeals with glee!!!!!! I can't wait. hope that guy doesn't quit, you need time for yourself!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful ornaments.
    I hope I get my JCS mag soon.
    Hope everything goes well for you at work. Maybe a hefty raise will be in order, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHat cute ornies! I love the way Staci finished hers...
    Hope you don't end up having to work even more than you do now...maybe the other guy just needs a few "mental health" days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ornies you've received are both really pretty!!! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got my ornie issue at lunch today from my local shop!!!! Great ornies in there...decisions, decisions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...what kinds of qualifications would one need for a job like that??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all but especially the pear - have to add this one to the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What super cute ornaments!!! Yule have mine towards the end of next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are both very lovely ornaments. My guess for what you are stitching from JCS is LHN. I hope mine comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are beautiful ornaments, Vonna.I either do not imagine my life without my washing machine and my husband,although from time to time it gets upset to me with both LoL.I am using the translator, I hope that he translates well. Greetings. Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, both your ornaments are so cute! I know you will cherish them. I love the way the first one looks like a pear with the leaves and stem. And the second one...I love the beads. Like you said, reminds me of a string of cranberries on the tree.

    Haven't seen the new ornament issue yet. Will have to go to the bookstore and pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw Staci's Pear Ornament on her blog and it made me hungry! It's lovely! So is the PS....what precious gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, LOVE the pumpkins atop your blog, Vonna!

    Secondly, those are darling - esp that pear - wow ee!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely ornaments!

    I hope your job situation works out - working seven days a week would be no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some sweet ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, *everyone* is stitching up ornaments already, and I'm still in Rites of Spring mode!

    Hope all works out well at work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both ornaments are very pretty and beautifully stitched!!
    Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your ornaments are beautiful Vonna! Aren't you a lucky lady to receive these. The finishing on both (and the stitching) is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Pear is absolutely the CUTEST thing! Staci did a fabulous job. And so did Becky on that adorable snowman. Love the beads!

    I hope to pick my issue up this weekend. I'm hoping there's an ornament by Threads Through Time? She hasn't been in the last couple of issues.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello!
    I must confess I like the snowman better than the pear. Christmas, for me, is red and green. And the talk about Christmas made me want those cold days, waiting for the magic night. No matter how the world is, Christmas night will always be magical.
    Whem I entered your blog Paul Simon was on and "You can call me Al". Not only one of my fav musics but also a favourite video. Him and Chevy Chase are really funny.
    Hope everything goes well with your work. Let's hope that guy has a change in heart.
    Best regards
    Paula Nunes Lima

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Vonna...so happy you like my choice of ornament :) AND, I know you will cherish that gorgeous pear from Staci!!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely ornies. Hope work sorts itself out for you soon and remember try not to take on too much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely ornaments Vonna!
    Hope things improve with the job - if I had a plane ticket I'd be over there in a flash to help you out...lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. especially and very beautiful the pear :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the ornaments!!!

    More hours means more pay, and more stash. LOL!! Down side less stitching time to use up the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh what beautiful ornaments! You are right the one from Becky looks just like a cranberry garland. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher