Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday here again....

Hello Dear Readers...once again...long time no blog.

Where does time go? You know, I've read a lovely post about time a few days ago (Or was it weeks?!) here. Tanya had a lovely take on it, just about the same as I feel about it. Time can be your friend or your foe, depending on the day, I guess, that you are thinking about it. I think it is my foe when I look in the mirror and see tiny lines forming around my eyes, and mouth, seems like my whole face is sort of sliding south....and I rub this miracle pink cream into my face night and day....thinking that tomorrow I'll wake up and look like I did when I was 21. Ho hum....not so....but then again, without the time that has passed, I wouldn't be who or where I am right now, today - so maybe time is my friend. Then I look at my babies, and one is nearly as tall as I am and growing into a young lady, then my two young bucks and my sweet angel growing. All getting bigger and less time for Mama and Daddy....but then the exciting things I see them accomplish and know that perhaps my fretful, hair-pulling days had something to do with their success. Maybe my guidance isn't down the wrong road? So I've decided that although it is fleeting...my time is sweet and I will live every day to the fullest (or at least try as hard as I can to do that) before my time slips away....

So stitching you say?! Well relatively little in the past two weeks - just as Rob can attest to...just ask her! The mail date was September 1st - pushed back from Auguest 1st due to some unforeseen road blocks - and here it still sits on my Q-snaps...I'm trying to fill in some bare spots around my square to give it more of a focal point. This is Debby's RR and she did such a lovely square on my RR that I'd like to do a extra special square for her:

Debby's RR to date ~ Motifs taken from Prairie Schooler's Daffodils chart

Up next you say?! Well thanks to all your kind thoughts and comments I raised $435 for the fundraiser at my children's school! Thanks to a few ladies that baked and helped me out - the Bake Sale was a huge success!! Yay!

I've not been stitching a lot, but I sure have been finishing a lot, not of my own stitching but of clients that are using my finishing service. Seems like this bunch that I had to finish had deadlines and they were close deadlines too...so that was some added extra stress to pour on the adrenaline. I've gotten them all done except one, which is a mattress pincushion finish and we know how long those take to assemble....and if you don't well LONG!

So, today is sort of a dreary day...I'm coming off of a weekend of work. I think I'm going to take a trip to Joann's to look at all the fabrics. I need to get some fallish fabric. Maybe buy something for me! I'm going to run to Joann's, then nestle inside my house, finishing my client's things and listening to a book on my MP3 player. The only thing that could be better would be if I were stitching on my own things.... :o)

**Walking Chronicles** - still truckin' !!

And I'm going to start something new on the end of my blog: "Grateful Needfuls"
I'm just going to list three things that I'm grateful for so that I can remind myself of God's goodness in my life. We had a wonderful sermon this week during Mass and then my children are studying a very important part of life in their religion studies - "Constancy in Prayer" and I need to remind myself what I am thankful for because He has all to do with that.

Thanks for reading my ramblings...I am so hopeful that I will have something stitchy to share with you soon....I'm getting mighty jealous of all that I'm seeing and nothing that I'm doing with my own hands :o(

Until next time - may the floss be with you!

**GRATEFUL NEEDFULS** cool weather, blowing breezes and my children's laughter

25 comments:

  1. Hi
    Good to see your back!
    With all the news of hurricanes and tropical storms in the US and my poor knowledge of geography I never know if the bad weather in in some part of the country of the people we like to read.
    I understand perfectly about the fast passing of time and lack of it to do our own stitching.
    For a while now I decided to make only things for my house. For years I did things to offer friends and relatives. Although that is a pleasure I left a lot of projects for me on hold.
    It is reaaly important to believe, isn't it??
    Till next time!!
    Paula Nunes Lima

    P.S. Prairie Schooler Home for Christmas, the last scheme is on the go. I hope to have the three ready for Christmas. It is a kind of scheme we see groing, is'nt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin picture.
    Debby's RR is looking great.
    Have fun at Joann's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day, relax and enjoy the little things Vonna!
    You deserve it!
    petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonna,

    Glad to read that you're enjoying your ipod. That's great news about the bake sale. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block on the rr is lookig great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tree in the RR block! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your block is turning out on Debby's RR :) And congrats on your successful bake sale!

    Have fun fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get plenty of R&R today and get some stitching done :) Your RR block is looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings dear Vonna! I just LOVE your three grateful needfuls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Vonna, What a wonderful post, and just what I needed to hear right now. :) Thank you for that! Your RR block is looking awesome!

    Hugs to you, my friend,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Vonna, What a wonderful post, and just what I needed to hear right now. :) Thank you for that! Your RR block is looking awesome!

    Hugs to you, my friend,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vonna, congratulations on the bake sale, and on your new idea Grateful Needfuls...when I retired from teaching, I thought I'd have oodles of time...boy, was I wrong...so I just try to live every moment and enjoy all the wonderful things in my life...one, of which is your great blog...you are always coming up with new, positive ideas...it's a delight to read...thanks, Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Vonna. Glad to read your post, and I am enjoying the fall pictures on your blog. Yes, I agree time marches by quickly. Our 'baby' is a Senior in High School this year and her older brother is in college.

    I will be travelling to your area of the country soon, and was wondering are there any cross stitch shops in the area?

    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching on the RR looks good. I love shopping for fabric, not that I sew a lot, but just looking at the nice colors of fabric soothes me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Vonna my friend it is good to hear from you again. Glad to hear that although life is busy, you still have your sanity - well sort of LOL. Keep on trucking my friend. And I am grateful for you. You always make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the bake sale, that's a good amount of money to have raised. Relax, try and slow down and enjoy everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely agree with you on the subject of time! Iona will be 5 months old this week and I can't believe how fast things have gone. Sometimes I almost wish for my tiny baby back, but then
    I watch her bouncing in her bouncer and see how big she's getting, or I watch her almost sitting up on her own, and she's so beautiful and I'm so proud of her and I feel excited about all the wonderful things life has in store for her.
    Btw - do your kids like Captain Underpants as much as my son does? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty RR piece. I love those daffodils! Congratulations on your bake sale being a huge success.

    Just think if time stood still we wouldn't have any beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a bueatiful post :0)
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a busy lady..I'm glad to see that you are still looking after yourself. Pink cream huh...must have a look for some of that. I'll need to put it on at least 4 times a day.lol.
    The RR is beautiful and $435 of baked good is a good day for sure.
    I love your Grateful Needfuls.
    Have a good day girl and stitch with happy fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vonna : Beautiful block so far. Does sound like you have been a busy bee : )

    Take care & stitch well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. May the floss be with you.... lol you crack me up.

    Thanks for making me smile and remember all the more important things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dianne12:15 AM

    What a great post!
    I hear you about time flying by, but I try to remember that although my only baby is a man, someday, maybe, he'll bless me with grandbabies to love.
    I hope you got to JoAnn's and had fun shopping. Sometimes you need to do that.
    I appreciate your Grateful needfuls!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Enjoy reading about your life. Yes, time is very precious and does fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your grateful needfuls. I also find that by focusing on what I am grateful for, it also allows me to be more present in my life...thus enjoying each moment I have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher