Thursday, August 07, 2008

Redwork

Lookie what I received in the mail yesterday! It was my package from the SBEBB Redwork Exchange! Joan S was my partner and this is the lovely Redwork Stitcher's Pocket that she lovingly stitched and finished for me:



Lot of work went into this little beauty and I want Joan to know that I thank her for her time and expertise in finishing this gorgeous pocket. I'm almost afraid to use it because it is so pretty!
The design is a freebie from Isabelle Vautier found Here
Joan wasn't finished with me because here's the loot that was sent with the pocket:

WOW! wouldn't you agree?

I gave a little SHRIEK of joy when I saw that she hit my wish list and sent the La-D-Da "Zippity Doo Dah" from my wishlist....that is going to be a stitch for me soon!

I sent my redwork exchange off a day late...and it has an ocean to travel, so I hope that it flies speedily. I've never been late sending an exchange EVER and I'm embarrassed to admit that I was even one day late. I've just had so much going on of late, working lots, bedrooms to paint, kids to rearrange, school supplies to purchase (T minus 6 days and counting!), baseball games, summer school, need I go on? I just keep getting further and further behind. Plus I look through my home and I see so many gorgeous things from other people and none really stitched by my own hand. I believe that I'm going to get a little stingy with my stitching. I've cut back a lot from exchange stitching as compared to last year....but I want to focus on me for a bit. So I have a couple more exchanges I'm signed up for and then I'm going to drop out for awhile. With my kids growing and having more and more activities and with my work I don't have a lot of "me" time and when I do stitch I don't want to feel pressured. I totally enjoy stitching for others, I really do, and I LOVE exchanging but I need a break. I'm sure that I'll still have a few that I'll sign up for, but I'm hoping it will only be 1 per quarter or so. Boy I sound like a real downer don't I? Don't mean too...because I'm all excited thinking of the possibilities for ME!

Alrighty friends, that's all I have for today. There'll be some more posts and I have a BLOGGERVERSARY coming up soon :) Stay tuned for that, as I'll be posting something special to give away for that, wrought by my own hand....Until the next time....stitch with joy as you reach for your floss!

28 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And the Zippity Do Da chart is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful package!! I love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've received a wonderful exchange!! I received the same La-D-Da chart as a RAK a while ago and I'm planning to begin stitching soon! I LOVE that design, it's one of my favourite designs ever, so if you'd like to stitch it as a SAL with me (no pressure!), I'll be happy to join you :)

    Oh I know exactly what you mean about getting further and further behind! I've felt that way for the whole summer. Now I see light in the end of the tunnel, children go back to school on Monday and I've almost caught up with everything, except my stitching, LOL. I'll be reducing the number of my exchanges as well after completing the ones I've signed up for. Good luck for everything you'll have to do, after all "...my o my what a wonderful day" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely exchanges...I'm always impressed by how many of you stitching bloggers participate in exchanges and the quantity that you do within a year! One day I hope to do one exchange...that'll probably stress me out enough! For now I enjoy watching everyone else's exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely exchange, Joan really spoiled you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! she sure spoiled you :) Beautiful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely package you received, Vonna - the scissor pocket is lovely, and the goodies are great, too!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous redword exchange from Joan and she didn't skimp on the goodies, either! I'm so glad that I stopped exchanging because, in addition to the time commitment, I was never very good at the goodies part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the redwork! (especially the way it is folded with the button)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that's STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous package! The redwork is amazing! Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful exchange

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joan does beautiful work. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely exchange. I've been admiring teh Zippity Do pattern for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I understand what you mean about "stingy stitching", I burnt out on exchanges and gifts long ago when the leader of the RR group I was in took off with literally over a hundred RRs, all of mine included. Now I'm glad to get back into it, exchanges are giving me a reason to sit and take a few minutes for my sanity! I think it would be good for you to do some stitching just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful exchange from Joan. He work is always so beautiful.

    I know how you feel with exchanges. Most of my stitching lately has been for other people and sometimes it's really hard to part with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vonna,

    Just to keep you up to speed....
    I'm around page 360 or more in
    reading Breaking Dawn. May take
    longer to read then I anticipated.
    It's a fast read, I just didn't
    realize what a big book it is.
    The story's interesting, but I'm
    not sure where S.M. is going with
    it all. Hmmm...

    I love seeing posts of the
    many things that you finish.
    You have a wonderful knack for
    choosing just the right
    piece of fabric, the right
    ribbon, and the right style of
    finishing to bring out the
    best in a stitched piece.

    I think my favourite of the lot,
    and choosing is so hard, would
    be the pink heart that Petra
    stitched, and Eggs stitched by
    Mary Ellen. These ladies are
    no doubt thrilled with how
    their works have been finished.

    A belated, but very heartfelt
    Happy Birthday to Princess
    Ellie who is a big girl now
    that she's three!! Looks like
    her birthday was celebrated
    with all the appropriate pomp
    and glee due her.

    The red work exchange with Joan
    looks amazing. Such a beautiful
    pattern and finish on the
    scissor holder.

    You've got so much on your plate
    and going on in your life, I'm
    amazed at all you accomplish.
    Hope you find some time to do
    all the things that make you
    happy and brighten your day.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a very nice exchange! It is a lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful exchange from Joan! Sometimes we all need a little "me" stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely pocket and other gifties that Joan sent you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The scissor pocket is gorgeous! I've just stitched this one for a redwork exchange I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful!! And so many other great goodies!

    I can't wait to see some of your stitching for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely exchange Vonna. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous scisoor pocket! thanks for the link. Boy, so much great "loot" from Joan ~ how extra generous!!!
    I'll be joining you on the exchange "drop out" wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for posting the link to the scissor pocket. I've searched Isabelle's sight with no luck trying to find one similar to it I saw on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful and lovely exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG, what a gorgeous piece of redwork. I am jealous.

    Don't blame you for cutting back on exchanges you participate in. I don't see how you and many of the others keep up as it is now. I would never be able to keep up with all the exchanges. That is why I don't even try.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful exchange! I know just what you mean though. I love the idea of stitching a lot of gifts and participating in exchanges, and RRs, but really my stitching time is SOOOO limited, that I hate feeling the pressure. And I'm like you, I hate being late. So, I think after this RR is finished, I'm going to stick with just stitching for me for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher