Monday, July 21, 2008

Birthday surprises galore!

Well my mailbox has been frequented again by some super stitching friends and I have lots of beautiful things to show you! First off I need to apologize to these ladies, because I got all of these things towards the end of last week and I was working and had little time of my own and didn't get to post these lovlies until today. In fact Microbiology typically takes a nose dive this time of year, because naturally - more people are outside and not as many respiratory illnesses are going on. But Hey Ho! both hospitals had incubators near to BURSTING this weekend. I worked, in total (driving included) 13+ hours both Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let me tell you the gears need a little oiling and the body is moving a bit slowly after the marthon 39 work hours in 72 hours. And holding true to fashion to my legend of getting weird things....I had a couple of cases that were just down right odd - I'm like a magnet for weirdness! Guess it makes life interesting!

First up is a delightful package from Julie!



Julie sent me the Shop Hop special pattern that features a Halloween design, they must have also sold kits because I got finishing instructions ball fringe, ribbon and backing fabric, plus sweet little JABC buttons to adorn the stitching part and the linen to stitch it on! Yahoo! Plus Julie sent me a cute little "Doodles" kit featuring a beehive and bee button (love it!) and LHN's Night and Day Pattern that I've been wanting! THANK YOU JULIE! You shouldn't have :) I can't wait to stitch the Shop Hop design and finish it! Hopefully I'll make time to stitch it soon so I can display it this Halloween :)
Next Michele sent me this:

A sweet birthday card and a lovely skein of Fancy Green Nancy Crescent Colours (my favorite over-dyed floss)! THANK YOU MICHELE! I love it and was working on a design and ran out of Fancy Green Nancy so your sweet birthday gift arrived in perfect time!

Next up, Julianne sent me this:

A lovely hornbook with a Prairie Schooler Freebie I've been wanting to get around to stitch and a box of cards (also sent at a timely time period because I had "greeting cards" on my shopping list)! No more cause Julianne came through with a lovely boxed set of cards! THANK YOU JULIANNE! Julianne has spoiled me rotten all year long with her surprise gifts and I need to get her some stitched lovely sometime before the year is up!


Here's a close up of Julinane's Hornbook...isn't it gorgeous! LOVE IT!

Next up Cathy B sent me this:

A super lovely (wish I could figure out how these are made) flange pillow featuring my favorite holiday! And an exclusive Shepherd's Bush kit! Look at her card isn't it cute?! What can I say about this? It is perfection from start to finish..I absolutely LOVE this flange pillow and have it proudly displayed on my 4th of July / Americana table right now!

Here's a close up of Cathy's pillow...another gorgeous addition to my cross stitching pretties! THANK YOU CATHY!!! You know I love it!

Next up, sweet Susan what a dear she is....sent me this package:

A lovely tin of Ghirardelli Chocolates (I'm ashamed to say those were gone in the first hour upon receipt!), a lovely half yard of Moda Sampler fabric that I've been lusting after for a looooong time, a half yard of some beautiful French Lace linen (its gorgeous) and a tube of Jojoba hand lotion that again arrived at the perfect time because we've been landscaping and my hands are like sandpaper! THANK YOU SUSAN....you made my day and everything is just perfect! AND I'm talking my husband into a trip to Shipshewana - keep your fingers crossed!

So dear friends...that's my haul and what a haul it is, yes?

Today is hotter than fleas on a griddle here in good 'ol Indiana...the humidity makes you "stick" to everything...not nice. :( I'm hopeful that after I pick up Jake from summer school that I get to call it quits with going outside and sit my bottom in my chair and stitch. Guess time will tell

Until next time dear readers, stitch with joy and laughter :)



36 comments:

  1. What a great continuation of your birthday! I hope I spelled that right! My neighbor loved your dyed linen! Hope you can get some rest!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wondrous goodies Vonna! And after the weekend you've had, you deserve some time to just sit back and enjoy them!!!

    It's hotter then Hades here too (although we don't have the humidity you do.) Except today we're in for a "cool down", 92 instead of 100!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Vonna! What great gifts you received and I'm sure that lifted your spirits after working so hard all weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifties! I love that little flange pillow!

    It's ~HOT~ down here too...I'm hoping we'll get some of the called-for rain and it'll cool things down a bit. Plus we *NEED* the rain...things are getting pretty dry and crispy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what wonderful birthday gifts Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, you deserve some nice long stitching sessions to make up for that crazy weekend! How lovely that you were showered with presents - they are all lovely and it sounds like some things really came in quite handy! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Lots of lovelies for your birthday, isn't it nice when they last a long time :)

    Hope you get some rest and some stitching after those long days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL gifts, Vonna! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks great!! Your birthday will never end at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all wonderful gifts !

    ReplyDelete
  11. All wonderful gifts! It's been hot and sticky up here in Ontario as well, we keep hoping for a break but it hasn't arrived yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful gifts for you Vonna! I thought that the 4th of July design was perfectly suited to you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful gifts you recieved. Everything is beautiful! I hope you've had a chance to rest up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness!!!! What a haul you have their Miss Vonna! How wonderful it must be to have so many friends. :) Enjoy them all....they are all fantastic!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful gifts you have. You are definitely blessed with great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fantastic birthday gifts, and what fantastic friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your birthday goodies. And those lovely photos you took are just great. You did a wonderful job. She's is so adorable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous gifts Vonna! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Vonna , coming out of lurkdom to tell you Thant your bog is fantastic !!
    Happy belated Birthday !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! You received some great things

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun and pretty gifts from special friends! I hope you can just six, relax and stitch for a few days now - if that is possible with four little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your gifts are wonderful! I especially love the little pillow, such lovely detail.
    They are all soooo nice!
    What a pleasure to have your Birthday go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful gifts!!! Enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Vonna what fantastic friends!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday....awesome stash of gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Lots of beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful birthday you have had and what a great bunch of friends! Happy belated birthday, Vonna.
    hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  28. Melanie11:59 PM

    Dear Wonder Woman: I am serious! You do such beautiful stitching, hold down two crazy jobs, raise four sweet, well-behaved children, do some home-schooling, have your own wonderful finishing business, write a blog, do awesome photography (that Ellie, such a cutie!)...I'm sure I'm missing some stuff. Don't know how you do it, but I admire you greatly for it. Happy belated birthday, and may the Floss be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sending hugs - I'm working long hours too so you have my sympathy :) Some lovely gifts you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks like you were treated very well for your birthday, Vonna. I hope you had a lovely celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm glad to hear my package arrived. No rush, I've been busy with "the grandma". Enjoy all your presents, you're deserving of every gift!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What wonderful gifts you received! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey girl! Did I wish you a happy birthday yet?? If not, I hope it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Look at all those lovelies! What a special birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher