Friday, April 11, 2008

Plumb Tuckered Out!

Well...it's been one week or 7 days of nothing but work...and I'm just what the title says - "PLUMB TUCKERED OUT!" But I got a lot done....nothing to do with stitching, but here's what I DID do the last 7 days - Welcome to the Pfeiffer Home care to take a tour?

Front Walk and Door - I dug out all my pretties from storage and re-mulched all my landscaping
My pansies, bluebirds and elf

My other Elf and more of my birds and pansies

And my favorite of all my wheelbarrow (always holds something seasonal) - right now the Easter bunny is using it...and see my other elf and my bullfrogs :) can't forget those guys - as long as they stay at the door and don't come inside and stay awhile whilst I stitch - RRRR-ribbit!

Here's our entry looking down from our loft or lookout or whatever you call it? from the second floor

Next we go to the office - my Granny's old wooden ironing board with a quilt slung over it holds her special tea cups and my pretties, I've got my treadle sewing machine light and table and of course my computer
My piano and some more of my pretties


My Granny's old suitcase with more pretties snuggled inside :)


Next we step into my kitchen and dining room area - Got my cake plates out for some special cakes to be made tomorrow and my milk glass bowls and platters

Yep, the hens, chicks and roosters are all dusted and roosting :)
The milk bottles and graniteware have been washed and dusted too...you can see I'm already cooking because of the MESS on the counter top....oops!


Here's where it all happens in the Pfeiffer house...right here on this big ol' country table with mismatched chairs ;) All the strategizing, homework, bill paying, meals, games, even some crafts get done right here!

My favorite spot in the whole house


Now we get to the family room - there's my stitching nook all set up and ready to go, sadly I haven't crossed one X since last week sometime :( time flies when there are cobwebs and dust bunnies to chase down.....

And I see Mama's destroyers have messed up my perfectly clean living room...ahhh well a little toys and a few pillows thrown on the floor just adds charm, right? You had better of said, "right!" :)


Go on upstairs and you come to this beauty - a bureau from my Great-Grandmother Epperson - I've got her loaded down with the quilts passed on to me from my Great-Grandmother Weber, my Great-Aunt Katie and all the beautiful quilts from my MIL that she's made my DH over the years and a one she made especially for me :) On top is my Grandma's bowl and pitcher I used to sneak and "play" with it when I was little...shhhh!!! Now I can play with it any 'ol time ;)


Next is my treadle machine with it's stately box on top - you see Ian and Jake's room locked down for security reasons - Miss Ellie gets in there and wreaks HAVOC on Lego creations...they lock themselves out of their room everyday, they have a key hidden on the treadle machine so they can "break in" afterschool...LOL!

Now I guess you can see why I've not been around very much. Why no stitching has been done. And why I'm "PLUMB TUCKERED OUT"! You could eat off my toilet seat this house is so clean. This house is so clean when I step across the floor soap bubbles come floating out the back of my heels. This house is so clean it smells like a green mountain meadow, or on second hand is that Febreeze? Do I need to go on? Well listen folks, I thank you for sticking with me to the end here. Now you all have a great weekend and I'll be back with a food, family and fun report on Sunday or Monday when the First Communion festivities are over and Mom can sit her bottom in a chair!

In the meantime, I'll be cookin' up a passel of good things to eat, we're having Fried Chicken, Slaw (vinegar type), Orange Dream Jello Salad, Cauliflower Salad, Green Beans, Hot German Potato Salad, Homemade Bread, Cake, Ice Cream, Lemonade and Sweet Tea. Whew...makes me even more tired reading what I've got to cook yet...but I'll "git 'r done"! Where's my Aleve bottle? (or maybe just my whiskey bottle?) Geez...what is it going to be like when one of them gets married? YIKES! They'll have to put me out to pasture!

Until Next time, that's all folks...you come again real soon now, ya hear?!


BYE, BYE!!

48 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Can't wait to spend the weekend with you. See you tomorrow....can't wait for the delicious meal you are planning on Sunday. Love, Mom

    PS The house and landscape looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy :) Everything looks fantastic! Your home is beautiful :)
    I love all your quilts. I have several but the majority are appliqued. I will share them in one of my Handmade with Love posts.
    Enjoyed the tour :)
    Best wishes for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! That place is clean inside out, upside down, through and through! I bet you'll be ready for a long nap when all is said and done. Have fun with the festivities and let someone else clean up after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful homely home you have Vonna. Thanks for letting us take the tour! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Vonna you have been just a flurry of busy. Well save some of your energy for fun and enjoy your family and food!! I'm hungry after reading all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour, very nice house. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm tired AND hungry now!!! You're house looks fabulous~~ready for lots of family fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful house! Love all the crafty items.

    With 6 people in your house, how do you keep the clutter down? There are 4 people here and I can't stay on top of the clutter. Or did you shove it all in the nearest closet to deal with later...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your home with us. It is so pretty and neat. And that little Ellie at the end was worth the read! Again, thanks for sharing. You've been missed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely sight your home is, Vonna. And the toils of your hard work over the last week is definitely visible. Your place looks great! You should be proud. I always take pics of my house too when it's spic and span (mostly cuz it doesn't happen very often). Last week I was like you...toiling and sweating over the house for a simple 8 year old b-day party. I laughed cuz what you said is true...can you imagine when our kids get married! I go nuts cleaning when family/frieds come into town. But you go, girl! Sit your tooshy down after all your baking and cooking and enjoy this special weekend for your boys. What a memorable time for your family. Can't wait to hear all about it. Have a great weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful home. Loved the tour. I should spend half the time you did cleaning and it would be a good thing. Not on my priority list. Now for the company. Have a good time.

    You need to take some time with your stitching after all that work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely home Vonna! I love all your quilts! I only have a couple. you have been so busy, hope First Holy Communion goes off without a hitch!
    Good luck with all the cooking.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna I would eat off your toilets anytime. Can I come live with you? Your house is gorgeous and it's fun to picture you at your table, crafting away. Enjoy the First Communion and that awesome feast you are making. P.S. I hereby absolve you of the need to make a needleroll this month. You've earned the respite!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vonna what a lovely home you have!!
    You've put me to shame with all that cleaning. I think I need a First Communion or some sort of celebration to get me moving on cleaning our place.
    I love your decor, definitely my style. In fact we have the same fabric on our living room furniture! Mine is just a slightly different style. I'll send you a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all that cooking Vonna, I hope the 'cooking fairy' will be on your shoulder and everything all goes to plan.... I can smell the sweet meadow from my computer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is lovely. I enjoy seeing pictures of other people's homes. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I'll be there for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful home you have. If I look at your pictures long enough maybe it´ll inspire me to tidy up mine :) Thank you for sharing ... and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been a busy bee! Your home is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your celebration this weekend!
    ~~Martha~~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hola,

    Me han encantado todos los detalles que has colocado en tu casa... Felicidades , es muy linda.

    Loló

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna, your house is beautiful! You have it decorated so pretty! Makes me anxious to get moved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your house looks beautiful and very clean. I need to take your lead and work on my house. (maybe next weekend). Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vonna, your home is beautiful and I loved seeing it! Your special heiroom pieces are amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna, your home is gorgeous! Thanks for posting the tour pics... I feel like I was actually over for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow, Vonna, what an incredibly beautiful home you have:) Thank you so much for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, Vonna, can you be MY mommy??? LOL! You have a lovely house, for sure, with all of your hard work and love evident everywhere! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vonna - what a beautiful home you have. I can see that it is decorated with much love and family. How nice to have all those things that remind you of your roots. If you have room at the table can I come for dinner!! You have earned a rest. Many hugs. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vonna,

    What a great post! Thanks for sharing your home with us. I especially love your dining table. What a wonderful sun-filled room! I can picture your lovely family gathered there to enjoy good food and good times. I hope your celebration is filled with a bounty of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm exhausted imagining all you've been through this week getting ready for the boys' First Communion celebrations - cuz I know what a house filled with young children looks like on normal days! :D Believe me, it doesn't get any better as they grow up. And just as I get them to the place where they're any good to me at all, they up and leave, lol!

    Seeing your home prepped and ready for the big day was such a treat. Everything is gorgeous and I know you'll have a great day. I hope you'll have Monday off to recuperate from all that doing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Isn't it great to get things CLEAN? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW!!! You have been a cleaning tornado -- Time to sit down with some tea and rest!!!

    Your home is beautiful. Enjoy your week-end.

    PS I saw your comment on Monique's blog about the mailbox & have to admit, yours takes the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful, beautiful home you have up there, Vonna! Congrats!:o)Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All I can say is WOW, it looks great, actually it looks awesome. No wonder you're all tuckered out, you've been a very busy lady. Enjoy all the cooked goodies and I hope you get a bit of stitching time in soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your home is beautiful, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have a beautiful home Vonna - thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You House is wonderul, I love all the quilts
    Thank for the tour

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful home you have Vonna. I especially love all the quilts and sewing stuff that have been passed on to you.
    It's so very tidy. Good job. Could you come and do mine next!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Vonna,

    What a cosy house you have! Oh and these quilts in that nice cabinet, I dream of such things ...Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! After some comments and mails I decided to continue blogging. I will try to keep up and let some other things go. Making choices isn't always easy..!
    But thanks again and have a nice week! Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  38. You home is a real "home" - it's beautiful, and so obviously that a loving family lives there. Congratulations, proud momma!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your home is so wonderful!! I loved all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dianne11:35 AM

    Hi Von!
    I just got to stop by and how nice to see your comfy and cozy home! I can see you there in every corner. : ) Like you, I treasure any little thing that I have from my mom or late grandmom.
    I have a Nancy Noel Amish girl too-but mine is the one with the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my!! Vonna, if my house looked that good - for even a half hour! - I'd feel I'd truly accomplished something in this life! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love how cozy, welcoming, and lived in your home looks - way more of a HOME than a HOUSE could ever hope to be!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, I am impressed! I don't think that my house will ever be that clean or organized. Especially not enough to give a photo tour! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks so much for the tour of your home! I love all the quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. So, can you come to my house next :D Your home is beautiful Vonna, and you should be so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for the tour, Vonna, you have a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Vonna, you have a very beautiful home, thank you for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher