Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Here's to Ewe for Me :)

Hello Friends :) Thank you all so much for your kind words on the last two posts...you nice people sure do know how to make a girl feel good about her hearth, home and family! Thank you!

Yesterday I received a HUGE box in the mail and when I saw the return address I was thrilled to see it was from a hugely talented stitcher, Stephanie!!! Just look at the gorgeous items the sweet lady made for me for the "Here's to Ewe Exchange" in the SBEBB:
Drawn Thread "2 Friends"
Finished as a tin

look at the bottom Stephanie fitted it with a fabric that is just like the coat on a sheep!

and as if that wasn't enough sheep goodness - look at this sweet stuffed sheep she made me - Ellie has named her "Mama Sheep" and has slept with her for the past evening and two naps!

On my wishlist was AMAP's "A Perfect World" - well Stephanie got me that pattern and if that wasn't enough gave me all the Vikki Clayton silks that it is charted for to boot! WOW!



AND then she sent me a wonderful smelling bath salts cake, pearl headed pins for a pinkeep, a roll of ribbon, two empty tins to use for finishing, a cute fat quarter of sheep material, a tin of mints and a HUGE chocolate bar! I'm embarrassed at this HAUL I got!!! Stephanie certainly outdid herself hitting heavily on my wishlist and her generosity is flabbergasting!!!!
Thank YOU Sweet Stephanie for the love, thought and more than generous gift and exchange you made for me :)
This parcel came at a great time too....Yesterday I started my new job...as most of you know I already have one job and I'm adding this second one because A.) it is FLEXIBLE and heaven knows with 4 kids I need flexibility! B.) They made me a financial offer that I couldn't turn down and isn't it funny how money always makes you overlook drawbacks! LOL!
So anyway, we all know the stress that it brings to start a new job...you don't know what your walking in to, you have to be on your toes, new procedures, new environment, new people, on and on...plus I just was coming off a week of high stress due to my boys celebration (and all the cleaning and cooking) - so when I got up bright and early Monday morning to drag my tail to work (Keith my DH is staying home during the day so I can train at the new job - he got special permission to work late in the day and through late night) - I was dead tired, burned out and a little apprehensive about taking on extra work. So after 8 hours of listening to a bunch of people tell us how great it is that we took jobs with this new hospital and how we're serving the community, etc....I had a Girl Scout Meeting (just two more before I hand the reigns over to the new leaders). So....10 hours at a dead run and I come home to this huge package that was obviously filled with much care and concern for the recipient....well a person couldn't ask for a better ending to a stressful day! Perfect timing Stephanie!!!!
Well...off to brush 4 sets of choppers, give 4 baths, lay out 4 sets of clothing, take a shower myself, brush my own set of choppers and maybe - just maybe I can squeeze in a few minutes of stitching until this "working" girl shuts it down for the evening. I'll be glad to go back to my "housewife" status after Friday! :) Let's hope I impress my supervisor enough to think after 4 days of training I'm able to go it alone....I don't want to train next week too....
Until next time....stitch with joy!

33 comments:

  1. What an awesome exchange package - sounds like you deserved to get it that day, strange how it works out like that sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a generous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna you sure do sound like you need pampering~~how wonderful that Stephanie did just that! What an incredibly fabulous exchange you've received...I'm drooling, lol!

    Get some rest girlie and hope you survive this week too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one great exchange you received and at a time you needed that kind of love and support. You know God works in mysterious ways. He knew just when to deliver something like that.

    Don't run yourself too ragged with work that you have no time for family and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your exchange from Stephanie :) You deserve it :)

    Many hugs and love to you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The exchange is beautiful. I love the lining. And all of those goodies are wonderful. Good luck with the rest of your training. New jobs can cause stress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an incredible exchange! How fitting that it arrived following Good Shepherd Sunday too. I love the way she put that fleecy lining in the tin.
    Good luck with the new job. With all your experience I'm sure you won't need that much training. After all those bugs haven't changed all that much have they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an exceptional exchange! How generous of her!! I love that stuffed sheep! Good luck getting adjusted to the job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful package. I hope you love the new job, good luck with it. Sounds like your super busy. Loved the photos of your two boys and your home. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a magnificent package and a pretty exchange! You deserve it and more! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sure have alot on your plate. YOu definitely needed and deserved that wonderful package you rec;d. what fun package to get! hugs from sunny HOT Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is an amazing package you received, Vonna. What a beautiful tin, and that stuffed sheep is so sweet!! Enjoy! Good luck with the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Vonna - how delightful to receive such a package and the timing was impeccable. That sheep is just the cutest every. No wonder Ellie has claimed it. Hope the new job goes well and you are able to roll with it. Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful package you received! Stephanie must be a very talented person - the gifts are gorgeous!

    Good luck with your new job, and I hope it brings you everything you hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stephanie sent a wonderful package to you! I love the lamb she made - she is adorable. Good luck, Vonna, during your training week. I'm sure you will be outstanding in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stephanie really spoiled you! And right in time ;) You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous exchange package!

    Best of luck in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous exchange, good luck with the new job

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great exchange - Steph is an excellent spoiler :-) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous exchange, I love the tin! Hope the new job goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful exchange! Nice timing as well. Hope this week goes quick for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you did have a busy, stressful Monday. Good luck with the new job. The exchange package sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's an awesome exchange! Enjoy your new goodies. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great exchange from Stephanie. You deserve to be spoiled. Lots of luck in the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome package you received from Stephanie. Take a deep breath about your new job. I recently started a new job also and I know exactly how you are feeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW that is one nice exchange ! "Mama Sheep" is so cute! Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW what a fantastic exchange that is !! Congrats to you! Good luck to training maybe it will go by quick!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a haul is right! You must be over the moon with all of it! I'll try to find out from Carla the pattern of the sheep pillow! Good luck with your new job!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful package from Stephanie - -you certainly deserve to be spoiled Vonna.

    Congrats on the new job - I'm sure everything will work out great once you are adjusted!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fantastic package from Stephanie.

    I hope everything goes well with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness, I'm exhausted just reading about your day! I'm so glad that Stephanie made up such a special package for you; you deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. What an amazing exchange! I love the extra touch of the soft fabric inside the tin. Glad it topped off a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That exchange is awesome! :O I love what she stitched for you, it’s so cute :D AND the charts and silks will be beautiful, when are you going to start stitching it? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher