Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday Frenzy

Hello Friends! Thanks for the nice comments on the Wool Needlebook and Fob finish....hopefully someday I can get a set stitched up for myself too! It is really cute and that primitive country that I love ;) I've had several e-mails asking if I would finish the stitched sets for people through my finishing service? And the answer is YES, I most certainly would. Just e-mail me and we'll work through the details if your interested. It's really a quick stitch 55 x 55....goes fast!

After dropping the kids off to school today, I had errands to run - library, grocery, Michael's, JoAnn's and my LNS :) so off I went...I didn't get too far, (only to the library) when my cell phone rang, oh - oh it was the school calling...Cripes! After Tuesday's accident, I get the chills answering a phone call from them...Well Katie had pleaded with me to let her go to school today so 1/2 hour into school this a.m. she started getting a headache and was in a bit of pain, so they were calling to have me come pick her up...I thought that she was pushing it, but the poor girl just does not want to miss school! So back to school to pick her up, I went. Back home we went, and I gave her the prescribed pain medicine. I was going to stay home, but the poor child is stir-crazy being at home and she talked me in to letting her ride around on the errands....so off we went again for a bit of retail therapy :) The pain medicine kicked in and she was a pleasant companion through my errands running and she enjoyed getting out a bit.

And since my anniversary IS coming up in a few short days....I decided to stimulate the economy a little....here's what I got from my LNS (I was picking up finishing work they had contracted for me) so I felt a little obligated...you know anything to make me feel better over my purchases! LOL!

Told In a Garden "Bookmark Collection"
Shepherd's Bush "Be of Good Cheer" and Button Pack
Shepherd's Bush "Pumpkin Hill" kit
M Designs "Sweet Spring"
Little House Needleworks "Night and Day" (I think this is the only chart I'm missing from Diane)

Then as I was looking at the linens...I saw that they had gotten in some Graziano....I first worked with Graziano Linen when Goldie gifted me in an exchange with a cut of it and I made THIS . It turned out so well...I decided I needed to get a fat quarter of it since it was there and all....and then I saw they had the sweetest blue Graziano too...so I decided I needed IT as well....because I have an idea for a design stitched on it....it is fabulous in my head ;) Hard telling what it will look like in real life! LOL! But here's to hoping it will be just what I think it will look like in my head ;)

Blue and Beige Graziano Linen and there lying in the middle is my new pair of Gingher "Freedom"! JoAnn's had them on sale for 30% off! Whoot! Can't beat that for a Yankee Doodle Dandy!

Well dear readers, I have to work this weekend at both hospitals....ugh!....does it seem that I've been chasing my tail for the past month? It sure does seem that way to me....I'm spent -emotionally and physically....BUT we have to pay bills (which is exactly what my DH is going to say when he sees what I spent today! LOL!) So off to work I go this weekend....

I shall leave you with a picture of the young, happy couple we were 12 years ago....I guess at 37 (almost 38) we're still young (a few more wrinkles though!)...and we're still happy : ) Life throws curves and issues come up but the joy of marriage is having a partner that overlooks your faults, understands your weaknesses and loves you anyway. But at the end of the day despite the occasional disagreement and different points of view in certain instances, I not only married a man that I loved, but was he was also my best friend. I still feel that way today. I'd rather spend time with him then with anyone else in the whole world. Maybe we work out so well because we are exact opposites - He's quiet and reserved and there's nothing quiet or reserved about me. Our first date proved that...we were out to eat and he nursed a beer and shook his head while I yammered on and on...LOL! I don't know...but anyway Happy Anniversary Keith, you are my heart and love!


Keith and Vonna - April 27, 1996

Until next time friends - I'm done yammering :) .....have a spectacular weekend and stitch with joy!

47 comments:

  1. Well, dear sweet, Katie...leave it up to our firstborns to be the over-acheivers and try to go back to school only a few days after a terrible injury. Bless her heart for trying. Hope the day of errand-running and spending money helped ease the pain a bit and maybe the weekend will bring more healing. We're praying for ya', Katie girl. You are one little trooper for being up and about already!

    And Happy early anniversary to you and Keith, Vonna! You truly do make an adorable couple :) And I must say you both look the same as you did way back then. The perfect match. And look how far you've come with your beautiful family. Hope you had a good time celebrating last weekend.

    Don't work too hard and give Katie more hugs from us!

    Love, Kel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun new stuff! Feel better Katie! What a trooper to give school a try! And happy anniversary to you!! Your anniversary is my little guy's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Early Anniversary Vonna! It's mine and my DH's tomorrow ( 26th) but we'll have bene married 22 years:)

    I hope Katie continues to feel better every day {{{{hugs}}} to you Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stash acquiring, great stuff :D I love it all. And your anniversary is on my birthday, how fabulous is that?? :D

    Have a wonderful anniversary Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super exchange, Amy is very lucky!!! Glad to hear that Katie is feeling so much better!! Great Stash! Happy Anniversary, a bit early!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful exchange.
    Have the most fabulous Anniversary.
    I love the photo,you both look stunning!
    I hope Katie is well soon.What a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vonna, I swear we live the same life, LOL! I took oldest for an xray this morning (during her tournament Sun she was hit in the ankle with a ball while at bat~~fast pitch softball), nothing fractured etc :) But was only a couple blocks from a Joann's so had to stop, and while I missed out on the Emma's I did score some Freedom's, now I'm a yankee doodle dandy ;)

    Hope Katie feels better now. And now I'm envious of your blue graziano, lol! Happy Anniversary! Isn't life sweeter when you can go thru it with your best friend???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you and Keith!

    I'm sorry that Katie wasn't able to make it through the day at school, but glad that she enjoyed her retail therapy with you. Did she get a chart herself?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stash haul Vonna!! Happy Anniversary! Hope Katie feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope Katie doesn't overdue it. It must seem like such a long time to her to heal. Happy Anniversay, lovely photo of a lovely couple !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you and Katie enjoyed a great time, despite the circumstances. I have some really happy memories of spending time with my mom doing "her" stuff. :D

    There is a lot to be said about being best friends with your mate. Happy anniversary to wonderful people!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, you got your Freedoms!!! Wow, two limited releases in one month from Gingher??!! Happy Anniversary sweetie - mine is soon too, May 8th :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dianne9:39 PM

    Have a lovely anniversary. Twelve years seems like a long time, but we just celebrated our 24th-double yours! I agree, my husband is my best friend too.

    And it's so nice to see you in a photo once in a while. This is a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary!! What a cute couple you are.

    Katie had to find out that Mother was right about going to school. It is so wonderful that she likes school so much. So often you have to force kids to go. Keep getting better Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My upstairs hall is decorated with Amish pictures and dolls . . . I've stitched many of the designs in the "Told In a Garden Bookmark Collection". They are quick to stitch. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary to you and Keith - nice photo of the happy day.
    Good to hear that Katie is on the mend.
    Great stash haul - no Joann's in the UK so we don't get the limited edition Ginghers with discount :-(

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow some lovely stash there Vonna. Contratulations to you and your DH on your forthcoming anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

    I love all your new stash. I especially LOVE the Graziano linen! I am a huge fan of that fabric myself! I have never seen the pale blue though (on-line that is since I do all of my shopping there) but I do have a piece of the other color :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary from another April bride! (only 2 years after you :) )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Anniversary Vonna! We celebrated our 23rd yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary to Keith and your lovely self Warm hugs to you both from the UK (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary to you both

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi!

    I found very beautiful work.
    Congratulations!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Above all happy anniversary Vonna, and now a question you can tell me where you bought the giham beige cloth, because I buy mine to Bobbie but had not beige, kisses and thanks nela

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Anniversary Vonna!! What a beautiful bride :)

    I hope your daughter is doing better..

    Have a great weekend,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey music...I LOVE it! :)
    My, my where did the year go? I can remember seeing your wedding pic last year~so beautiful!!! No wedding pics here, I was married in a pair of jeans (long story :D).
    Happy Anniversary to you both!

    Great stash...now if you could just find the time to stitch it ALL. LOL

    Hope Katie is feeling better~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy anniversary!!!

    Great stash!

    ~~Martha~~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Anniversary Vonna and Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just got back and trying to catch up with blogland... phew!! You're my first stop! First of all please wish Katie well, that was a nasty fall she took!! Hope she's feeling lots better! And of course Happy Anniversary to you and Keith!
    Your gifts for Amy are ABSOLUTELY gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Anniversary! Ours is just two days after yours (and 10 years later ;)). Hope you have a great day today.

    Sounds like you had a good day on Friday. Hope Katie is feeling much better tomorrow and really ready to go back to school and not pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sorry Katie didn't make it very far into the school day, but it IS nice that she wanted to go. That's some nice stash that you got. I love the wedding pic, Happy Anniverary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Anniversary!! What a lovely wedding picture.

    Hope Katie is feeling much better.

    Great stash.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Anniversary!! You were (and I'm sure still are) a lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your wedding photo.

    This is a great stash you bought. The fabric is beautiful, I can understand why you were so tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have been away so am just now catching up and read about Katie - I'm so glad she is doing better. What a great kid not to want to miss school! Happy Anniversary to you and Keith!

    ReplyDelete
  38. happy anniversary to you both and what wonderful buys.. give my love to katie..

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sorry to read about Katie's accident, but glad she's on the mend.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Keith - here's to many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Happy Anniversary Vonna and Keith.

    Katie, you'll soon be well enough to get back to school I'm sure but in the meantime not much beats hanging out with your mum. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the pic of you and Keith-I am so sorry I missed wishing you a Happy Anniversary. BUT-Happy Anniversary my friend!!

    You picked up some great stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy anniversary Vonna. I was wondering if you are part of the Hoosier stitchers?
    hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Anniversary to you both!
    Very beautiful and happy photo!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi! Love reading your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy anniversary! Great stash too - that Graziano linen is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  47. My goodness Vonna, I know I am late but Happy belated Anniversary! Wishing you many more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher