Monday, March 31, 2008

Speechless!

Hello again friends...two posts in one day! Well let me just tell you...I couldn't let this one go a moment longer....imagine my surprise on a rainy, gray, blustery day to go to my mailbox and find a package in there from none other than dear Julianne! Hmmm...I wondered...it's lumpy! I opened it up and found a tissue covered square and a card. I read the card and opened the tissue to find this beauty:



Isn't it just breath-taking? Isn't it just perfect? Gorgeous? Stupendous? I'm just flabbergasted that someone would take the time to do something so touching, so amazing for me. I tell you....after the drama from the weekend, it sure did bring real tears to my eyes to imagine that someone that I've never met, never spoken a word to other than just exchanged e-mails....would think enough of me to produce something so gorgeous for me. I'm stunned.
It just goes to show you that the tiniest of ripples makes a huge splash in someone's life, somewhere, sometime. Thank you Julianne! You had a big 'ol wave knock me down with your sincere, kind and loving act straight from your heart. Thank you! I don't know what to say...and my words are more than inadequate at what your RAK meant to me. I am forever grateful and ever indebted to you. Thank you for being my friend!

Nicole is forever finishing LOVELY things over on her blog and she tells on her posts that she listens to books on CD. Hmmmm...got me to thinking...how better to involve my TWO loves - reading and stitching into one thing? So I pulled out my Sony Walkman, bought some of those new fangled "ear buds" (in pink I might add) and took off to our local library. I got two books on CD last Wednesday - Man From Stoney Creek by Linda Lael Miller (I'm a smut novel reader at heart) and The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom (of Tuesday's with Morrie fame). Well I finished the smut first...it was a humdinger let me tell you...Miller never lets a girl down ;) and on Saturday at work (yep...who'd a thunk that listening to a book on CD would let the hours fly by at work?!) I started The Five People You Meet in Heaven....let me tell you...I cried like a baby when I finished it this evening. My heavens does your needle fly as you listen and so entertaining! You don't have to lift your eyes off the fabric..you just go go go! Time flies and your so entertained!
Oddly the Mitch Albom book is basically about: how nothing in life is random, we're all interconnected....it spoke volumes to my heart as I listened....and both the happenings of the weekend and Julianne's sweet gift were illustrations of what is in the book. Lovely...I highly recommend it to all you girls/guys out there! Books on CD...what a way to spend the day :)
Went to the Library this evening...what's up next? Why it's Pretty Woman by Fern Michaels... a little light hearted smut :) Whew...can't take tear jerkers all the time :)

35 comments:

  1. How absolutely lovely!

    I'll have to try the books thing. It sounds like a great idea.

    Myrna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, a girl needs some "smut" reading from time to time...although I call it "chick lit" so it doesn't sound so dirty. :-)

    I don't know that I could do books-on-tape (or CD, or mp3 player...whatever) because when I read, I enjoy reading the words, not hearing them. I don't think books-on-tape + stitching would be my kind of multi-tasking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW is right!! That is absolutely stunning!!! And very well deserved :)
    Enjoy :)

    I read nightly before bed :) It's kinda my thing :) I actually went to Books A Million today to get a few books that I have been looking forward to :) I also got the Readers Digest Cross Stitch book :) YAY books of all kinds :) LOVE books :)

    Enjoy your week, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift! It's stunning.

    I too listen to audiobooks when stitching. I have a subscription to Audible.com, and enjoy it immensely. I also listen in the car with an adapter to get the audio to my car stereo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome surprise, that would really perk up your day. I don't listen to books on tape much at home, but do a lot in the car. My commute to and from work is 45 min. each way (unless there is traffic/accident/etc.. then it's even longer). Books on tape are a great way to pass the time as the radio gets so repetitive.

    Your earlier gifts were lovely too, and you did a beautiful job on Heathers RR piece. Your square blends perfectly with the other two.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing gift! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is stunning!

    And I might have to give books on CD a try as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW is an understatement! that is absolutely gorgeous! you are one lucky lady. I haven't tried books on tape, but might have to. I also like smut books and James Patterson books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a wonderful gift to receive! It's beautiful and you deserve it :) I was so sorry to read about the Girl Scout thing you wrote, but I'm sure you made a good decision!

    Oh I just love listening to audiobooks when I stitch! I haven't been listening now for a long time, but I think I have to soon go to library to get something to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift from Julianne - I was admiring the first picture and then scrolled down to the second - and then the third - wow - how beautiful is that?
    I like to listen to audio books too - great to be able to 'read' and stitch at the same time. You can also download books from iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful gift, I'm sure it made your day! :) Sorry to hear about the Girl Scouts, but if you look at the bright side of it -atleast now you will have more stiching time!

    Have a lovely week, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just gorgeous! WOW!!

    I'm a huge fan of books on CD (and not just because I'm a librarian) - they make cleaning the bathroom almost a pleasure! Have you discovered Julia Quinn - I find her good for the "lighthearted smut". I'm not sure if she is available as an audiobook. Her Bridgerton stories are fabulous (have some wonderfully funny moments).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoau what an absolutely gorgeous surprise and coming at the right time too :-)) I am so happy for you , I bet you can't stop admiring it!!

    I keep meaning to try an audio book they sound like fun for when we are stitching.

    I read on a night before I sleep... ahem... have to read on a night, yes even at 1 am ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely gift for a wonderful person - I think you inspire the admiration and fondness of others by the kind of person you are - it shines through the Internet even to those who don't "know" you.

    The Girl Scouts will experience a great loss, but your dignity and well-being are more important for you and for the example you set for your daughters. You did the right thing. There are plenty of other places for you to put your energy, and you will find them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's lovely Vonna! :-) I enjoy audio books too, but haven't listened to one in awhile. Our library has a fairly good selection.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful surprise, Vonna, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very gorgeous gift, and I love the style of the initial. A true friend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Julianne out did herself!! That is gorgeous!!! Glad you are enjoying audio books! You know how much I love them! I don't know what I did before I discovered them. :) Speaking of smut... Nora Roberts are really fun to listen to also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful well-deserved surprise:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Vonna:

    Nicole has perked my interest in audio books too. If you have a library card, you can also go to www.overdrive.com and get downloadable books online. Just enter your library card for a library near you and you can check them out free online. I don't live in Houston but can access their library with my card for my county and they have lots of good books. I just need to learn to turn the tv off and listen to my mp
    3 player instead! Debby :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely adore that present Julianne made you. It's sooo cool!
    I d/l some books on iTunes and been listening to them to/from work, it's speeds up my commute I'll tell you that!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like 'smut' reading too LOL!! I really do reckon in a previous life we were related you know LOL!!

    What a onderful treat from Jullianne its beautiful and you really do deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful, touching, fabulous gift package!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is truly AMAZING! I just loved reading this post!! It really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a wonderful surprise !

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful gift. Love it. So elegant looking and so well stocked with great stuff.

    Yea!! Someone else that reads smut books. I thought I and the girls I used to work with were the only ones that read that stuff. Everyone else reads more intellectual stuff as reported on their blogs. I love Linda Lael Miller books. Read the one you mentioned not long ago. When I retired, part of my gift was 2 smut books. They all wanted to borrow them to read after I got them done. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an absolutely stunning gift. You must be thrilled ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning! Fabulous! Wow ... I'm speechless : )

    I just finished the Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory -- historical fiction, quite good - IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dianne2:25 PM

    I'm reading '5 People' right now! He's a great writer.
    Love your gift too-lots to play with, my kind of sewing kit.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic RAK - and you received it with the most perfect timing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm just sittin' here with my mouth hanging open. That is a most stunning gift!!! I love it so very much and you are one lucky lady to be the recipient.

    I do the books on CD while driving long distances but never thought of while I was stitching. Might need to hit the library. I also love to read, but don't want to dig into my stitching time, so this kills two birds with one stone.

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. More oooohs and aaaaahs from me! This is truly a heirloom piece... LUCKY YOU!! And lots of admirative smiles to the exceptional author of this work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh! That's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher