Thursday, March 20, 2008

Astonishing Exchange!

Look at this stunning, glorious, stupendously beautiful exchange I got from my dear friend Terry Check out these PICTURES!!!!




Tokens of Affection ~ Blue Ribbon Designs
Stitched by: Terry at "The Enchanted Burrow"
Personal 4-way Exchange Part 1
Terry and I along with two other lovely ladies are doing a 4-way Personal Exchange over the next 12 months...this was installment #1...BOY OH BOY....what a way to kick it off, huh?! Love it! Terry also wrote me the most amazing card and sent along the extra fibers (peeking out of the stitcher's pocket above) in case I wanted to stitch the accessories that match the pocket.
Terry this is one of the most perfect things I have ever received! It is gorgeously stitched, perfectly finished and I cherish it now and will for always. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart :)
On the home front:
Still battling this cold....yikes, I'm getting tired of coughing. Was offered a position at a hospital about 3 miles from my house yesterday, money is great...they are highly motivated to recruit me because of my Microbiology specialty and my experience...so the position is *very* flexible (which I need because of 4 kids) so I'll soon be adding a second "job" to my current "job" I'll be working both hospitals on the weekends one early a.m. one afternoon and then every other week I'll be working two evenings at this new position - after the DH gets home from work. So it's going to be good...I hope...or at least I hope that I don't make myself exhausted, but I'll make it work - it's always good to have a little extra cash flow. Wasn't even looking for a job, the Microbiology supervisor just "heard" about me and called 6 mos. ago and I turned him down, this time he called with more money and more flexibility...that helps to give a person incentive! LOL! So soon I'll be run in for a physical (hate doctors) and a drug test (I hope it's not monitored because I can go to the bathroom with someone watching)!
Alrighty then, that's me in a nutshell....on to clean and decorate for Easter. Until next time...stitch with joy!

30 comments:

  1. I am so happy you love it. I thought a special person like you deserved a special surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm speechless! What a gorgeous piece!!! Congratulations to both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!!!
    Congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous exchange and well done Terry!

    Good luck with the new job, Vonna. Hope it doesn't wear you out too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so beautiful! She did an incredible job!!

    Sorry about the cold. It sounds like you're going to make this new position work for you so that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gift! Congrats on the new job, how wonderful!!!

    Oh, and I hear you about the dang cough (I've still got one too), hope you are feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I could go to the bathroom with someone watching, either. What a job that would be, huh? "Oh, I watch people pee in the drug-test jar" - it would be quite an opening line. LOL. Seriously, though, I hope the prelims for your new job all go smoothly!

    And your stitching exchange receipt is nothing short of EXTRAORDINARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! Congrats on the new job. Don't know how you'll do it though...holding down the house and two jobs (among other things!) :) But, if anyone can do it, it's the amazing "do it all-awesome Vonna!" You go girl! Hope you're feeling better soon...maybe this nicer weather will help! Happy Easter, my friend! Love, Kel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning gift! Sorry you continue with the cold. Good luck with the new position at the hospital. Happy Spring : ) Happy Easter to you & your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gift...what an amazing job. I'm simply awed at how you ladies can sew things up 1,2,3 - done!

    Thanks for mentioning my blog in the previous post Vonna!
    :)
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous! Congratulations!!

    I hope your cold is better very soon. My mom and grandmother have been battling what seems like forever colds too. (((((((feel better soon)))))))))))

    Congratulations on your new job! How wonderful for you-espcieally when they come looking for you and you didn't even apply-what does that say about you-speaks volumes!!!

    Have a Blessed Easter dear Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just make sure you have some stitching time left, Vonna! Congratulations on landing this new job :o)

    The gift your eceived from Terry is just stunning. I'm speechless. It's gorgeous.

    Hope you feel better soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! It is amazing!
    Have a great Easter Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beautiful! Lucky you!! :) I'm so sorry about you cold! :( All the kids have had it and my husband. Thankfully I haven't gotten yet. Zicam has become my new best friend! :) Good luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's utterly fabulous Vonna! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations both on a stunning pocket and your really cool job offer!!!!! I do think it's hysterical you don't like doctors. lol

    Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Astonishing Exchange indeed - it is gorgeous and 'so Vonna'. Hope you are feeling much better and are all ready for the visit of the Easter Bilby :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terry did a gorgeous stitch for a really beautiful person. Congrats on the exchange and new job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful exchange piece! It's perfect.

    Congrats, too, on your new job! I don't know where you find the energy to do everything that you do! Both you and Barbara (Mainely Stitching) could easily run circles around me, and I don't have any kids!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Vonna, what a pretty exchange! Terry does fantastic work. I haven't seen a piece like this one before now. Looks like it's going to be a great exchange.
    Congrats on your new job! Flexible hours will be fantastic too. It makes things so much easier. At this point I'm ready for part-time but I have to stick it out for a little while longer.
    Have you always worked strictly Micro? It's the one area I always wanted to work in but never got the chance. I ended up in Chemistry instead. Not sure how that happened!
    In answer to your question I ordered the Sugared Coffee and Creamy Cocoa from Sassy's. You're right, the SC is a really great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooohs and aaaaahs, what a stunningly beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's stunning, Vonna. Terry did a lovely job!

    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terri did a great job. Congrats on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow that is an awesome piece to receive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! Goodness, what a gift! She did well! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous piece you received, you must be thrilled ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely fantabulous exchange!!! I have this pattern, but I've been afraid to start it. Looks kinds sorta complicated. After seeing this, I need to put it up to the top and get busy.

    I hope you are feeling better by now. This cold has been going on for quite some time.

    Congrats on the new job. All I can say is you amaze me. "nuff said"

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope you're feeling better by now. Congrats on the new job - how wonderful they came courting you! The exchange piece is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely, lovely exchange piece! And congratulations on the second job. I hope that you don't run yourself ragged. Make sure you make some time for you amidst all of that work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How beautiful! What a special gift from an obviously talented and special stitcher.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher