Monday, February 04, 2008

Test Drive!

Well Friends...I have my stand! Thanks to my Dad for picking it up and to my sister-in-law for driving it up here with her...her company just won a bid on a contract at the local hospital so she's working here through the week for a few days...so I had a lotta luck in getting it so quickly!


So without further ado here is bitty princess Ellie, so aptly "showing" us how wonderful the stand really is!


Here's she's saying, "It makes stitching so effortless!"



"I could just stitch all night!"



Just taking a moment to admire the view....
(you can see here that I used my pattern clip holder thing...by attaching it to the arm of the q-snap frame...it works WONDERFULLY!...and if you see on the lower left hand side I put my floss ring there for easy access.) everything right at hand...

This is the "test" drive pattern that I started last night at 8 p.m. Tanya's Literary Little "Hope Perches". I wanted something that had little floss changing so that I could get the hang of double handed stitching. It soon became a breeze. I like it best with using my dominant hand (right) under the q-snap, and using my other hand (left) on top. But I can do it the other way too. I soon got in a rhythm and this shows just 2 hours of stitching minus a bathroom break, getting some milk for Ellie and bedtime for the kids...so I'm really pleased at how fast I stitched my first "test" drive.
So many of you have asked me questions, I'll try to remember them all to answer.....this wouldn't fit in a suitcase, but the proprietor that I purchased this from said that the travelling one, is basically the same thing as the "floor" model and it comes all apart for easy packing in a suitcase.
No you cannot use it with the foot rest of a recliner up...I tried, because my stitching chair is a recliner and that is primarily how I stitch with my recliner up...but it didn't work well that way...too far away. I tried slipping it on the side with the recliner up and that worked, but it made it akward to stitch it comfortably. However you can put a footstool on the other side of the frame...and it works :)
It fits nicely under low to the floor chairs.
It turns like a BREEZE to start and finish threads. Nothing to tighten or loosen in order to accomplish this.
The Q-snaps are held firmly in place.
It's really a dream...honestly....I HIGHLY recommend purchase if your thinking about it. I got mine for $292 (this includes tax). I believe it is worth every penny!
Just wanted to share with you all.....have a great Monday and a great week!

35 comments:

  1. Enjoy! Bitty princess is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to have it so quickly! I can't wait to get mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great stand! I wish I could save up for that, myself, but all my spare money is going into finishing up my craft room. That will get done as soon as my arthritis gets back in check. Can't get up and downa ladder with the hips locking up on me.
    Ellie is just adorable modeling her stitching prowess with your new stand! What a willing model!
    Have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I bet you will really like it :) and what a beautful "model"...does she come with all the stands??? -seriously, she is just so adorable!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. stand looks great! can't wait to hear what you think of it after stitching a bit longer on it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great stand - I have one myself and I wouldn't trade it for the world - enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new stand looks great! And your model is adorable :)

    I've never tried the 2-handed stitching... I kept thinking it would be awkward, so I appreciate your description of that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your stand is working well. Ellie is adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little helper is so cute, the stand looks great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ellie is so adorable modelling your new stand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with your new toy! :-)

    2-handed stitching isn't too bad once you get used to it. I'm like you...I do better with my dominant hand (in my case, my right hand) below and my other hand above. This was how I was taught when I was buying my first scroll frame-lap stand combo at the Paducah Quilt Show a couple years ago...by Kay of K's Creations at their booth, no less.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new stand looks great.
    Have fun stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great frame, and now you've got competition for it too. First one to the chair gets to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vonna,

    So happy to hear that you're pleased with your stand. Enjoy every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!!!!Clap-Clap-Clap
    It was a great investment...wasn't it??? And I love the pictures of your little one...future stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it great when you find a product that really works for you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrat son the quick arrival, and I must say your test driver is really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cutie! She looks adorable, a stitcher in the making :-). Glad you are so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute future stitcher, and a great floor stand model as well. Have fun with your new stand. I have never stitched with one, but I have always been curious about them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely demonstration ~ enjoy ~ looks like a nice item!!!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute pics :) It looks like a wonderful stand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dianne12:17 AM

    This looks great Vonna! I'm happy you bought it because I had a feeling you really wanted one. I like your model Ellie too. Someday she'll be using it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  23. The stand looks great. Ellie seems to enjoy "stitching" with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks great. Ellie is doing a good job modelling it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I will have one if Ellie can come set it up, such a cutie! Congrats on your stand!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you, thank you for the information on this!! It looks and sounds marvelous, and I think I know what I'll be asking for when my birthday rolls around!!

    The pics of Ellie "at work" are hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two handed stitching sounds so scary!! Glad you got the hang of it though. Your dd looks adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. We have stand envy! LOL. By the way, I find it interesting that Ellie has her pacifier in while stitching--that's like a double dose of pacifier, considering that stitching is so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great stand! I really like that you can flip it over without twisting or loosening anything. Ellie looks so cute sitting there-a stitcher in training!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ellie looks like a great stitcher. She has the Look!!
    I'm glad you like the stand!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want one of those...does the stand come with the little cutie stitcher?!? LOL! Congrats Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am glad that the floor stand is working out so well...I very much enjoyed the pics of "the princess" :) she is too cute!

    Also, thanks for the tutorial on the basket liner. I have never lined a basket, now I know how!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So glad you're loving it! I can't wait to be able to get the rest of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your Ellie looks such the expert sitting there at the frame! Before you know, she won't let you near it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh! I love that stand...I'm feeling enabled...I may have to succumb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher