Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday Update

Hello Friends! A quickie update from me to let you know I'm still going...and to mention that I "bit the bullet" or I guess my credit card bit the bullet and I purchased this:


The Needlework System 4, floor stand and Q-snap frame. SO! There ya go! I bought it at a LNS close to my hometown in Evansville, Indiana. My Dad is picking it up for me and I'll hopefully have it in my hot little hands by the end of this week! Whoo Hoo! As you all know I've been researching for quite a while about these and I've spoken to two designers/needlework artist that travel a lot and they swear by these. Plus my good friend THE ENABLER dared me that if she bought hers then I buy mine...so she bought hers last weekend and now I must buy mine. Thanks Sue! :) Really she did help me in the purchase because we've been discussing pros and cons and when my wrist hurt so badly the other day for holding it prone to stitch, I thought..."enough is enough" already. Plus since I get free shipping with my Dad willing to be my courier...how can I go wrong?! So can't wait to get it set it up and let the stitching commense! WHOOT!

Gotta work today...that SUCKS :( but I'm hopeful that we won't be busy and nobody comes in with skin eating MRSA or anything (have you heard about it?! ) Did have a particularly bad case of MRSA last week that kept me hopping, but maybe with the ice/snow/cold temps, people will stay at home and away from communicable diseases. Eat chicken soup people!

Taking my stitching in to work this weekend....and I've got my pack (remember the one that Wendy made me (seen here)?) Well let me tell you Wendy it works GREAT for me to pack everything up to take to work....when this one wears out, I'm going to have to commission you to make me another!

Ok, enough blathering...hope everyone does good and the best team wins on Sunday...whichever that may be....I'm impartial this year since the SILLY Fillies aren't in it.

Stitch Happy!

23 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to work today, but I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floor stand looks great! My husband is from Evansville, Indiana, too!

    Have a great weekend, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting ~ a new floor stand! Now you will be really whipping through your stitching. I hope your weekend at work goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new stand. I'd be curious to know...when you're using it if you think it would work well with a recliner.

    Hope the kiddies are doing well also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You'll have to let us know how you get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Vonna...I may have been the enabler...but I give you credit for re-opening the topic and getting my thoughts rolling again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new purchase. I was always very interested in buying a floorstand but I don't want to buy one without trying it out before....maybe I don't like stitching with a floorstand and than I'd never use it.....
    Have lots of fun with yours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do let us know how you get along with it - I've heard lots of good things about that kind of stand (you can imagine how much it would cost to ship to Australia!) Have fun playing with your new toy!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Congratulations on your new floor stand! And in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice I must add... lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your floor stand works out to your liking. It looks rather interesting. I'll be curious to hear About it.
    Don't work too hard this weekend.!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you purchased this! Please let us know how you like it. I can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new floor stand. I'll bet you can't wait to get and use it. I love the one I have, it so helps keep my wrists from aching.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will like a stand it does really make things better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must let us all know how you like working with the floor stand...I like to stitch in s reclined position, not sure that would work(??)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you taking the plunge and ordering a stand, it looks a good thing :) I can't wait to hear what you think when it arrives and I hope it is the best thing yet :-))

    Enjoy your Sunday even though you are working this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your floor stand, Vonna. I have never considered one, so I will listen to your feedback, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Vonna, email me with the cost of that stand.... I really have been wanting to try one. Let me know how it goes.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your new floor stand. I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy the rest of mine (the q-snap holder) as soon as I find a new job. My wrists will thank me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How big is this in the box?? I'm seriously thinking of ordering one to be shipped to my mom's address, and picking it up when we visit this summer. Would it fit in a big suitcase? I'd gladly forgo clothing ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your new stand! I'd love to see a pic of it "in action" when you get it set up.

    I'll be watching The Puppy Bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Argh - MRSA! Matthew got MRSA in the hospital when he was born from his circumcision. He then passed it on to me and I got a wonderful boil. Thankfully it went away and he never got it too bad, but I don't want another of those ever, so I can understand your wariness!

    P.S. congrats on your new stand! Hope you get lots of enjoyment from it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great stand and frame! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now your needle will really be smoking! And your little product demonstator is the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher