Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Well actually the beloved author's birthday isn't until Sunday, March 2....but that didn't stop my boy's school from celebrating in high style last night as the 4 Second Grade glasses put on "Seussical the Musical"! There were 4 performances last night (each class had their own performance) and being that we have twins and each have different teachers...well you guessed it Ian's was the first performance starting at 6 p.m. and Jacob's was the last performance starting at 7:30 so we were in for the long haul. It was well worth it, as the Music Teacher did a tremendous job with the music and speaking parts with each class...WONDERFULLY done, and a great good time was had by all!

~~~JACOB'S CLASS PERFORMANCE~~~

~~Jacob smiling at his family before his class performance~~

~~Jacob doing his hand dance during a rousing musical rendition of Green Eggs and Ham~~
(This part was the "I will not eat it Sam I am" - thus why he looks angry! LOL)

~~Ending Theme Song Shot~~



~~~IAN'S CLASS PERFORMANCE~~~

~~Ian hamming before the performance~~

~~~A rousing rendition of "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think"~~~

~~~Ian's speaking part during "Horton Hears a Who"~~~

Jolly good time! I was humming the songs all evening long and can still reflect and laugh at the boys and their singing, dancing and general antics...it was inspiring...I do believe that Jacob is destined to be a thespian! Ian, God love him, while an enthusiastic singer and dancer - may have other destinies :)
Until Next time....take care and thanks for visiting my small part of cyberspace!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jacob and Ian on their performances. Everyone has their own strengths. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a super fun way to celebrate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to both boys! You never know, they may end up on Broadway!
    I love the fact that the schools do at least try to put music out there for the kids to learn and enjoy!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so adorable! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious or maybe precocious pair!!! I am sure they stole the show. Congrats to the proud parents of these budding stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing the photo's and would have even more loved to hear... "Seussical the Musical"
    It looks like fun for the fellows..
    Do I see an Academy Award in the near future???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, poor Ian. Most of my kids are like Ian, however, as they've grown up and developed their own tastes in music, their singing skills have improved.

    Looks like it was a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing quite like a primary school musical - fantastic. I really miss those performances - great piccies, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Student theatre is so much fun. Congratulations Jacob & Ian on your performances!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dianne7:54 PM

    How cute! Those hats are a hoot! And I hope Jacob is entertaining all his life. I have a brother that was that way as a child too.
    Thanks for sharing. Love Dr.Seuss too! Are you taking them to see 'Horton hears a Who?'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, they are so cute. I love Dr. Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute and they both look like they are having such fun. I love those hats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to spend an evening. I miss all of the class plays and musicals now my boys are grown. Dr Suess was always one of my favourites too.
    Ian and Jacob certainly look like they enjoyed themselves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher