Thursday, February 21, 2008

Becky's Birthday Pinkeep

Becky , a dear friend of mine, had a birthday on Monday. Sadly....I missed getting her present there on the exact day...but it got there today and late is better than nothing, right?! ;)


Anyway, this is what I stitched up for her:



Design: Little House Needlework's *Attic Needlework* Exclusive
**with a twist**
I changed Attic to "Becky's"
Designer: Diane Williams
Finished as: A pinkeep (since that's her favorite finish (and mine too!))
Fibers: DMC in my own colorway
Fabric: 28 ct. coffee stained and baked

Turned out pretty good and I hope to make a "Vonna's Needlework" someday....my list keeps growing....
I've not updated for a week and I've been BUSY! Stitching and otherwise, but mostly otherwise. I've got big plans however....stained some baskets and boxes today.... for upcoming finishes...*HOPEFULLY*. Bought some fabric that will go perfectly with some designs I'm wanting to stitch and finish as a stitcher's set. Lots of ideas floating around in my head...as a matter of fact, I've been putting myself asleep at night dreaming of what I want to stitch...sad isn't it?! LOL!

My Mom's birthday is Monday, Feb. 25 and I've got something on my stitching stand just for her ;) YOUR GONNA LOVE IT MOM!

Got my Little House Hearts of America and My Needle Work Nashville released kits this week, plus a couple of others...bad, bad, girl I am...plus I visited Sassy's and she has "Sampler Packs" now.......oh yikes........ and in my favorite colors too......oh geez.....Khaki, Creamy Cocoa, Sugared Coffee, Tan Marble and Milk Chocolate....plus have you seen THIS? I just fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. SO...... I got a cut of 32 ct. Blue Lagoon from Sassy's to stitch my Winter Whites on....and since I was buying....might as well throw in a "Sampler Pack", right?! I believe that "Hearts of America" will be STUNNING on the Milk Chocolate linen. I'm really getting a stockpiled load of Sassy's since I've been going overboard buying them up...but you can't go wrong for 5 pieces of 18" x 27" for $99 That's stellar...plus her fabrics are just lucious!

Ok, well if your still reading I hope that you're all doing good...Indiana is getting pelted *again* with Ice/snow/ice/snow/rain/ice/snow...as we've been hit each week for the past month. Everything's cancelled for tonight ~ *NOT* complaining...we're going to study our spelling words for tomorrow, finish our homework, take some hot baths and snuggle in for a long winter's night!

Until next time.....stitch happy!

37 comments:

  1. Lovely finish I hope Becky likes her gift.I adore that chart , Is it for sale anywhere ? I love LHN designs:O)
    Winter whites is super I can't wait to see you stitch it, Sassy's fabris are great I have loads of colours in orni cuts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna - what a gorgeous pinkeep you stitched for Becky's birtday - it is sooo Becky. You made is so more special by putting Becky's name - good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Vonna! You are too special and sweet for words!! Becky must've been over the moon!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne5:16 PM

    I see that Becky loved her gift! I'll have to wish her a belated Happy Birthday. I love the design and the spool fabric.
    We are getting the mess tomorrow-well that's what they are saying, but we haven't gotten much this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely personal birthday gift, Vonna! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job Vonna! I know Becky will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your finishing is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vonna, your pinkeep you made for Becky is just adorable! I love it! :) I love that fabric too! Oooh you know my weakness is fabric. My heart is starting to pound!! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you dear Vonna...I ADORE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what you have made for your momma! I need to check out Sassy's!
    Enjoy your night!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vonna,

    The pinkeep you did for Becky is so cute! Great job.

    Oh, there's nothing better than a hot bath and some hot cocoa on a cold winter's night. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Vonna, that pinkeep is adorable!

    BTW, you're not the only one who falls asleep while planning projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna,
    The pinkeep for Becky is beautiful! Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me. I hope she has a wonderful day. I can't wait to see what you are making her.

    Take care
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your blog Vonna...especailly the "study our spelling words, finish our homework, take a hot bath" part"....can you tell I was a teacher??

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly have been busy! Wonderful pinkeep, love the personalization too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful pinkeep!

    We are getting that wacky weather here, too. And, we're only halfway through the extended winter season that Mr. Grounhog predicted. I'm tired of it already :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What can I say? I love your pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely finish for Becky! You put so much thought and talent into it, and does it ever show! Great job!! Stay warm and dry through the icy rainy snowy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw this on Becky's blog too. It's so gorgeous, and it looks like it went over very well! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is really beautiful! What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Becky's gift is just stunning!! The perfect design for her, isn't it?!! Bet she adores it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pinkeep - your stitching and finishing are just wonderful! What a great present!

    Sounds like you have some great linen coming - I need to check out that fabric myself!

    Happy stitching, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely finish, no wonder Becky was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vonna,thanks to you, your blog and your tutoriales are wonderful and your works are precious.
    Greetings.
    Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was admiring your pinkeep for Becky over at her blog - it's gorgeous! I love a good pinkeep :)

    No, no, you mustn't be tempting me with all this Sassy's fabrics information...!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an adorable pinkeep, and what a fantastic birthday gift! I'm sure your friend was very pleased. The fabric backing is perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete
  27. thats lovely and great fabric for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've just seen this beautiful pinkeep on Becky's blog. You made a fantastic job on this!

    Mmm dare I go look at Sassy's?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely finish Vonna!
    And I am an enabler, adding to stash beautiful pieces that one day you will get to is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an adorable pinkeep! I know Becky loves it. BTW, thank you for the enabling. I had to rush right over to Sassy's and order the Sampler Pack. I love those colors and have never used her fabric. I hope it's as wonderful as you say. Gosh I love fabric!!!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a generous and wonderful BD present!!! That pin-keep is just lovely!!! My favorite finish also!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh that is just gorgeous Vonna!! I just love that pattern and wish I had it. I too love the little house nashville releases and am definitely going to get those when I can!! You did just a great job on this and I bet Becky will love it!!! Your finishes are really perfect!! Debby :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful pinkeep! Love how you personalized it! SUPER NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It is beautifull. Also saw it on Becky's blog and was already in love.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super pinkeep! As always you finished it beautifully. I just got my new LHN releases... (sigh) aren't they delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a cute pinkeep! It sounds like you've been very busy - I can't wait to see some more of your wonderful finishes! How fun that you've been dreaming of stitching!! I just love Winter Whites on that blue fabric, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very special, I lurve it and bet Becky was so delighted!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher