Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowy Monday....

Hello Friends...it's snowing outside, just soft spitting snow and it did it off and on all day yesterday and so far today too! Not really any accumulation, just enough to make the roads a little slick if your driving like a maniac....which I witnessed some parents driving like this on the way to school today, but that's nothing new!

Well this weekend flew by and I didn't get NEAR anything accomplished like I wanted too, but hey some things WERE accomplished so I'll share those :)

I'm in the Bride's Tree SAL (link in my side bar under groups I belong to) and January's theme is a House which represents "protection or shelter" so here's my start:

Winter House by Prairie Schooler
From Up on the Rooftop Leaflet
DMC threads
Sassy's Fabbys - 32 ct. Creamy Cocoa (another of my FAV colors Lauren offers)
Then I thought since it's about 3 weeks away from maildate that I'd better get my rear end in gear with the next stitching obligation for Hello Neighbor Round Robin...this is Von's RR. She chose English Cottages and Gardens. There's quite a few cottages with lovely gardens, but I thought I'd focus on a garden with a nice gate/stone fence...here's a snap of the start:

I think I'm getting involved in another Round Robin, this one focusing on Little House Needleworks.....I know I should have my hand slapped, but I can't stop myself! I dream about stitching and all the lovely things I can start and go about...and I love Round Robins, the designing of them, the layout of them....so there ya go...brings me pleasure....SO, look for updates on that adventure soon...
That's about it for me when it comes to stitching this weekend, so I thought I'd round out this psot with some pics form the weekend....

Ellie playing with her "hossies" and stable


Jacob sitting asking what he could do because he was "bored" :)


Ellie playing the bitty ballerina princess



Another of the bitty ballerina with my better half....
You may be wondering where is Ian and Katie? Well we only let our kids play computer on the weekend and he had his head glued to the computer screen. And Katie? Well she was next door playing with a neighbor girl :)
Until next time dear friends....stitch HAPPY - I plan on it....after my Girl Scout meeting today that is...




28 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very cozy and relaxing weekend, your pieces are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ballerina outfit! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BT SAL is loooking great. I bet That cottage RR will look homey when your finished.
    Nice photo's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your WIP's look great. I don't know how you can be involved in so many exchanges. All those deadlines would drive me crazy. Lovely post of your family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are getting some great stitching done! Your family pictures are fantastic, love the ballerina!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it about little girls and horse????? I had a whole bunch of the fugurines...and posters of the critters. Now look where I am!!! Anyway...she is too cute with her hossies and as a ballerina too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a cute ballerina, butter wouldnt melt lol.

    I like the starts you have made and look forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your house for the SAL...VERY nice!!!

    The pics of your kids made me smile :)

    BTW-I ate something YUMMY for us :) LOL!!!

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good start on the NRR :) I also like the ornament you are starting, very cute! So many projects, so little time :D

    You are crazy starting another RR! LOL! It’s so hard to not do it though, I understand that.

    Your kids are so cute! My daughter is obsessed with horses too, but that is my fault, it’s in the genes you see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your progress for the BT SAL looks really good. Can't wait to see your RR part finished. Looks like everyone had a good weekend at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great start on the SAL and your RR. I am getting involved in the same LHN RR, I just can't help myself. At least it will keep me busy and out of trouble, haha!

    Love the photos of your children, thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A LHN RR sounds divine!!

    The pictures of your children are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stitching is wonderful and I adore the kids and hubby pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stitching and the pics of your kids are adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, resolutions are only to be broken... so go ahead join another rr ;-)

    Our neighbourhoods are moving along quite nicely lately!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like what you've started there on my RR, Vonna! Very nice! :D

    So ya wanna join another rr. The way you stitch girl, you should go right ahead! I don't know how you get so much done, but I love seeing the results. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...I have something for you in my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice new stitching starts. Love the family photos - do you have a matching ballerina dress? Come on - own up - I promise I will not tell anyone else!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Vonna good work on your RR, and you do seem to be getting a lot accomplished. The LHN round robin sounds great!!! The pics of the family are wonderful you have a beautiful bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your house choice, and it looks like the other piece will be a pretty one too. Awwwww, what a cute bitty ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great starts on your SAL and RR!
    Your little ballerina is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your WIPS I really like the idea of the bride tree sal.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely WIPS! I completely understand about RR's. I am in two UFO RR's right now. They're just addictive! Lovely pics of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your little ballerina is so pretty.
    It's fun to see some photos to put a face to the name!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bitty ballerina is absolutely gorgeous in her pink tutu! Give her a big hug from me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your little ballerina is just too cute!
    I love both of your WIP especially the BT SAL since I'm partial to PS designs. Another RR! I can't even commit to one. I look forward to the day when I'm working less and can participate in some of these. They look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Bride's Tree ornament is going to be beautiful! Great start on the RR too. I love RRs as well, but since I have a piece that's gone awol, I'm not sure I'll join another one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww Ellie is such a cutie :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher