Monday, January 21, 2008

Crazy Exchange for Janaina

Hello Friends :)

Long time, no blog....I have been very busy, a little grouchy (a lot actually), been cleaning my house (that's never ending), having meetings with my kid's teachers to check progress, doing laundry, feeling blue (I think this is cyclical) and in general doing NO stitching :(

Although, I must say that, "this too shall pass", and I'm ready to have it move along!

One good thing that happened recently is that we joined Netflix! I've wanted to join for some time, and finally the big man (DH) gave me the nod! So I signed us up before he had second thoughts and two days later I held in my hot little hands something I've been wanting to see FOREVER - The Gillmore Girls Season 1 Disc 1! HELLO! it's a great show, isn't it?! LOVE it watched the pilot and first 4 episodes twice (once by myself and then once with my daughter-Katie) and we're hooked! Today is when we watched it together and my DH was home for MLK day, so he watched too...I think (secretly) he's hooked too :) Even though it's a "chick" show! LOL! We're posting the DVD back tomorrow and next on our list is E.T. (my kids have never seen it).

I just found out that Janaina finally received my return Crazy Exchange gift to her! This is what I stitched for her:

Small House Freebie ~ Diane Williams ~ Little House Needleworks
Stitched on 32 ct. Raw Linen
Using DMC Threads
Finished as a Pinkeep

I believe that Janaina liked what I made for her and was happy to meet and make a new friend!

I worked this weekend but today, I've been dutifully stitching away on Von's Neighborhood...let's hope I can get it knocked out by the end of the evening...and if that is the case I need to get my rear off this computer!

Thanks to all of the sweethearts that have written me over the last couple of days to check to see if I'm still alive! I'm still kickin'!! :)

Until next time....Stitch Happy!

28 comments:

  1. Your pinkeep is so pretty. Why is it called a Crazy Exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I had all of my 4 little children and how hectic it was. I couldn't wait for them to grow up so my days wouldn't be so frazzled. I've seen a lot of your family on your blog and I can see how wonderful it is. It is hard to see it as clear when you're the one in it. I no longer have little children and it is a bit lonely at times and I think about them when they were little ALOT, I miss it at times. When the day seems to get you down a little, if you get a chance to be alone for just a moment, try to take a little snapshot in your mind like you're on the outside looking in and then you'll remember how wonderful all the craziness really is. From a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're back. Pretty pinkeep...I certainly would have been pleased! I'm so glad someone else out there has moods! Although my son is with grandma this week and I'm missin' him a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have been out of sorts lately. I was feeling pretty snarky myself last week, who knows why. I hear that netflix is a great deal and you are sure to have fun with that! Your pinkeep looks fantastic! Take care! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pinkeep is really pretty. Sorry you're blue. Hope things get sunny for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't never seen Gillmore Girls, glad you joined Netflix, have heard go things about it. Pinkeep looks great!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} Take care of yourself. Will still be around when you put your mojo back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pinkeep! I need to clean my house too, but I have been putting it off to stitch Valentine gifts! Not looking forward to cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pinkeep Vonna! I used to do netflixx, it's a great thing. I hope things settle down! I know that it will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you need a big hug, girl! ((HUG!)) What a beautiful pinkeep you stitched for Janaina! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pinkeep for Janaina - such a relief that it finally made its way to her! Hope youre stitching mojo comes back quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janaina's pinkeep is lovely. Do you know if this chart still available?
    Hope you feel brighter soon - sounds like you are a fellow S.A.D. sufferer -I so wish the summer was here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're feeling brighter soon Vonna. {{{{hugs}}}}

    Janaina's pinkeep is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the exchange piece, Vonna, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They announced on the news yesterday that it was Blue Monday. The one day of the year that more people are effected by the blues than any other day of the year.
    Well it's over and I hope you have a lot of wonderful days ahead of you.
    Give the family a big hug and Keep on STITCHING. Your pinkeep is wonderful.
    Take care Vonna!
    Beatrice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Though I haven't written to see if you're still alive, I'm very glad to see that you are. ;)

    It's just amazing how busy life can get, isn't it? I swear, today lasted about 15 minutes, and I was running in circles for 10 minutes of it. LOL!

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pinkeep Vonna :)

    Busy is good .. but cranky is just no fun .. we've all been there .. hope you find your "center" soon, that's usually what I've lost when I'm moody .. a glass of wine, hot bubble bath and a Michael Buble CD helps too :) warm hugs sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pinkeep as always. I hope that everything settles down and that you have a little more time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely pinkeep. You did a wonderful job of it, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. We joined Netflix back in May and we are loving it too. I'm going to send you an e-mail about it so check your mail.

    *sigh* I know all to well the feeling of the stitching bug not biting. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely pinkeep!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vonna another beautiful pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've missed you - I'm glad that you've found time to post!

    I've been thinking about joining Netflix, but haven't bitten the bullet yet :)

    That pinkeep for Janaina is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a lovely pinkeep, Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great exchange, sorry to hear you have still felt a bit grouchy. I hate it when I know I am grumpy!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent Exchange. I like your finishing. Hope you are over the "blues" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope your blues have passed by now. Sending extra ((hugs)) your way.

    p.s. I Heart Netflix!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher