Friday, January 04, 2008

CDC and sing with me...

Hello Friends :)

Yesterday, was Cerque de Cercles day and here's my progress to date: You can follow each week and the changes each week brings by looking in my CDC WIP Album in my sidebar. I was a little antsy yesterday and working 1 over 1 on black made me cross-eyed and have heart palpitations, so stitched as long as could take it, I got really pretty much done, those are a lot of tiny stitches in there! I've got maybe 20 stitches left on page one and then it's done!

After I put CDC away I pulled out "My Song" (the generous gift from Cathy B - see previous post) and put a few stitches in it....btw....my Mom sometimes reads my blog, but not often, and guess what?! Yesterday she read....so she called me and said: "Yes, that would be a lovely birthday gift for you Mom." So since I said it now I've got to get to it...here's my progress:


Doesn't look like much but that's at least 2 hours of work....
I really like stitching Blackbird designs because their patterns work up quickly.

Ok all for today, I have to leave RIGHT NOW for my yearly mammogram (I'm a little young, but my Aunt (Mom's sister) passed away at 51 from breast cancer) So I started at 35 getting Mammograms. So off to get my chest smooshed, let's hope all is ok, I hate this...not the procedure just the worry that they'll find something...I've been obsessing about it all week...

Work this weekend too...that stinks, but come next Tuesday...smoooth sailing...nothing on the agenda! Have a great weekend!

23 comments:

  1. Two great stitching pieces you have going there. You must be one of those mega fast stitchers. I love BBD's, so I'm anxious to see your progress. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna ~ Your CdC is so pretty, I love all those colors. That's funny that your mom read your blog when you talked about stitching that BBD piece for her, which is off to a great start by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CDC reminds me of a stain glass window, and I admire you for stitching on black! Oh sneaky mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your WIPS look great. I love the picture of the kids in the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck today, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start on your Mom's present, Vonna, and CDC is coming along spectacularly!! Good luck with your test and working weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CDC and Their Song look wonderful so far!

    Good luck with your mammogram. I hear you with the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your CdC - the colors are so pretty. :-) I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the test! Hope all is well. I haven't had one of those yet. Stitching looks great!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the colors more with each new picture of CdC!!! Great start with Their Song :)

    Hope everything is as painless as possible today with your mammogram :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes for your "chest smoosh." The CDC is so striking, but I think working on the black would drive me batty. Love all the BB designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your CdC!!! Lovely start on Mom's gift!

    I am sending you good thoughts for today.....hope everthing goes well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love Their Song and plan to stitch it this Spring. I'm all for designs that stitch up fast!
    Good luck with your mammogram.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vonna,

    I hope all goes well with your yearly exam. You'll feel so much better when you've gotten it behind you.

    Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your CdC is really coming along, and it has gorgeous colors. I am one of those strange ones who loves stitching over one, but I have not done it on black. I am eager to see more on your new start. It looks like a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CdC is looking wonderful!! And great start on Their Song!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your CdC is looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great progress on the CDC and the BB. I hope you don't get smooshed too bad and I'll say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CDC is looking just lovely!!! Smooshing is not fun I had to go through that (and a biopsy) in 2007 and the worrying is even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are off to a wonderful start with Their Song. I'm glad that your mom approves!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely WIPs! I hope all is ok with your mammogram!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope the mammogram results are fine for you, it is so re-assuring that we are able to have these precautionary checks for things concerning family health history !! I'd go every year for a full mot if they would let me lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so loving your CdC! Great start on Their Song. I have to go have my first mammogram on Monday. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher