Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday....

Is here and I have lots to share! First off, I been remiss in showing all the lovely things that have been sent to me of late.... This is from the lovely Wawanna's Website...she held a contest and I won! It is a fob, thread counter and frogger! Isn't it cute?!

I've been drooling over this chart for some time and the lovely Jen sent me her pattern since she was finished with her project and also sent along two threads to grow on! :0)

I also received a lovely parcel in the post yesterday, but neglected to take a picture of it all....but sweet Michelle over at Ozark Sew 'n Sews sent me a most lovely Pine Mountain embroidery chart, and 3 skeins of Mori Silk in lovely pastel shades of lavender, spring green and yellow.

Thank you ALL sweet friends for the lovely Random Acts of Kindness! They are much appreciated by me!


Next Up: My CdC!!! Who Hoo!!! I finally got back to stitching it! This is my progress for my week 4 (I'm behind 3 now) but here it is:

Not the most overwhelming of progress I've ever had...but it is looking pretty good....


And finally, I had people personally e-mailing me about my "lightening strike of brilliance" and so I'm going to go ahead and show you this:



Clear as mud? LOL! Anyway I've been inspired by the Heartfelt Friends RR and especially by Lizzy's RR that is working up just SUPERIORLY! You'll have to go check hers out on the blog....anyway.....I have all the Dear Diary Charts by LHN and I was wanting to stitch them, but as I looked at them, they just didn't appeal to me individually....until I saw Lizzy's RR, I'm sad to say they would have gone unstitched....So at approximately 3:00 a.m. Sunday Morning I came up with the above layout and "design" of what I am terming my "Dear Diary Sampler". I'm placing the charts based on their counts and in smattered around the outside will be the Beatitudes that each chart comes with and in the center will be the small block that says "These I hold dear..." and then the wavy lines are a border of flowers/vines and leaves from another LHN chart to give some sort of "frame" around it all.....I've got to ding around with it some more...but there it is in my own handwriting....I tell you I was calculating and writing so fast....it was probably most funny to watch, but sadly no one was awake to witness the genius! LOL!
So what do you think?! I'm interested to know! I'll get to start at the first of the year.
I'm stitching it on a 1/2 yard of Sugared Coffee Sassy's Fabby that just happened to get in the mail the week before as you all know! So.....there you have it!

29 comments:

  1. Such lovely gifts for such a lovely lady--all the gifts are wonderful!

    Fantastic progress on CdC. The colors are so striking on the black fabric!

    And, your "lightening strike of brilliance" idea is just-well, brilliant!! I am going to love watching it come to life in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! I am really enjoying the progress on the CdC. I am looking forward to the "Dear Diary Sampler" plan being put into action! The previous post was from me. I deleted it because somedays I can't spell! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonna you've received some beautiful gifts of late!

    Wow that's going to be a big project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vonna,
    Dear Diary & Beatitudes is going to be spectacular. Congratulations on such an outstanding design and your fabulous inspiration....such creativity! WOW eeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Vonna, that's a pretty ambitious paln you have. Can't wait to see your progress.

    Your CdC is looking beautiful - I love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I found your blog through the Cross Stitch News blog last night, and am I happy... Love stopping by to see what you're up to. Thanks to your link, I've requested to join the Bride's Tree ornament SAL which I had been thinking of doing for a long while! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is going to be a huge, but super cool project - I love how you personalized it and made it work for you. Plus with all the little different designs, it should keep your interest going over the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Vonna!! I must say im thinking of doing something similar since ive had Lizzys RR in my hands!! The charts do look so great together.
    I love that Hallow Game board chart, i havent seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  10. meant to also say....you're further ahead than me on CdC and im on week 6 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea. I think it will be fabulous. You ARE a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely gifts! I've been following all your RR's and have to admit Lizzy's is spectular and I can see why you got the brainstorm like that! We will all enjoy watching it grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great idea to put the LHN all together.
    Those are some nice gifts.
    CDC is looking great.
    Good Luck! on next year's goals and katie sure is turning into a lovely young lady, Happy Belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh, that looks and sounds WONDERFUL, Vonna! If I hadn't planned all my selfish stitching for 2008 yet, I would nick your idea and join you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool idea! I've been stitching them individually; I've also been stitching the pillows individually - I want to stitch all the pillows on one piece at some point; maybe I'll need to restitch all the others, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You plans are positively brilliant, Vonna!! Don't you love it when a pattern or project inspires your creativity? It'll be fun to watch it come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the brainstorm, Vonna. You know what I think you should do with it, don't you...:) Remember my email!!! Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. You received some wonderful gifts :)

    Your CdC is looking fabulous! Extra kudos for stitching it on black, and for switching colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, so when you get that LHN Sampler layout all mapped out and complete I will take a copy LOL Just kidding! I saw Lizzy's and it is wonderful!
    How sweet of Jen to pass on the Hallow Game Board~Fantastic design!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait to see your progress on your lightening strike piece. I think it is a great idea. They are all such great pieces. I am sure that Diane Williams will want to see it when complete. Designers like to see how you stitch up there designs in non-traditional ways. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What great presents! That Hollow Game Board is beautiful~your progress on your CDC is stunning! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice gifts and your CdC is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's gonna look great! The Dear Diary patterns stitch up quickly!
    Lizzy's was fun to stitch!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely things all my dear! Enjoy! Your plan sounds most wonderful for your project! it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fantastic idea. I just love LHN designs, but they are really hard to get round here. I am looking forward to seeing what you do as I am hoping to get involved in a LHN RR sometime next year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea, I'm really looking forward seeing all the Dear Diaries stitched as one large piece.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You received some great gifts, how fun! I like the Halloween gameboard one, that is a cool chart!

    Your CDC is coming along, it’s good to see you working on something for YOU :D

    AND I love the idea to put the dear diary pieces on one big piece of fabric, how cute! It will be huge though, but that is okay. I was thinking of doing them and making some sort of book, but then you don’t look at it as much that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE your idea! I may have to "borrow" it. What a fabulous way to stitch all of these together. Can't wait to see your start in January!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a brilliant idea for the Dear Diary charts! This is going to be such a fun project although a big one. I'll enjoy watching this progress!
    CdC looks fantastic! Mine has been put aside until after Christmas. I just can't keep up with everything right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher