Friday, December 14, 2007

Sweet Marie

Hello Friends! I hope that each of you are ready for a good weekend! Sounds like Indiana is going to be visited by old man Winter this Saturday and Sunday....depending on his mood, we'll get either slammed with snow, frosted with ice or rammed with rain.... So I'm getting out my fuzzy robe, furry slippers and settling in for a cozy weekend at home! Yippee!!!

Well the reason I'm blogging today is shown in the following pictures:


I went to my mailbox this p.m. and found a huge package stuffed in it! I looked at the return address and it was from sweet Marie I nearly cried (not kidding) when I saw what she had done for me. Isn't it the most lovely of gifts? The Frosty pillow and the grubby snowman is just the kind of primitive things I love decorating my home with and Marie knows this as we both love primitive country. Marie, you just astounded me!! I don't know what swayed Marie to be my friend, but I sure am happy that we crossed paths, not because Marie sent me this wondrous gift, but just because she's a sweet friend, we exchange e-mails, I think she is the most beautiful crafter of all things, cross stitch, embroidery, quilting, she even makes DOLLS! I'm in awe of her creative abilities. Thank you Marie, you are a sweet, generous angel!
I've also received some e-mails from some very kind ladies of late telling me how they enjoy reading my blog and that I bring a smile to their face. I am humbled to think that this may be so. I enjoy this blog so much and the connections I make are just icing on the cake. Blogging to me is almost therapeutic....and I've always had the ability to put words on paper, I don't try really, it just flows out, it is a God given gift and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for many things in my life and one of those things is this blog and your friendship. Thank you all for visiting me and letting a little part of me into your life! Thanks for being my "friends".
Until next time, may you stitch a masterpiece!

33 comments:

  1. What beautiful gifts from Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those wonderful goodies from Marie, what a talented lady!!!

    And like many others, I thoroughly enjoy your blog--your way with words and fiber are a real treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That was so sweet of her and they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the frosty pillow and the snowman! perfect perfect perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Those are ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna3:27 PM

    How lovely of Marie! She outdid herself. And thank you for being who you are and for sharing your talents with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Frosty pillow is wonderful and that grubby snowman just makes my grin from ear to ear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pillows! (That snowman is to die for!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY Nice, love them both! Vonna, you have been a very good girl this year, look at all the goodies you have been receiving!!! :-) Couldn't happen to a nicer gal!!
    Hugs & Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sweet gifts from Marie. I think you both are lovely women. I enjoy visiting your blog.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to brighten up a snowy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Marie did you good. Love both pieces. She is a dear. We are in an SAL together and I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great gift! They both are so lovely and so sweet!!
    I also love them a lot!
    It made me smile very much :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely gifts from Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous gift from Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely gifts from Marie! Im constantly overwhelmed by the kindness of my online stitching friends too.
    Fuzzy robe and furry slippers sound great :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so cute, and how nice of your friend to send them to you! Maybe they will bring you snow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are so adorable.
    I wish we were in on that snow, its pasing just south of os :(
    We did get a inch or so this morning, but its done now.
    Stay cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are adorable! How nice of your friend Marie to send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very, very cute pillows from Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The snowmen gifts are adorable. Marie is a very talented lady. Also, I love reading your blog. You are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What goodies you received! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful gifts from Marie. I love them both but especially the Frosty pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What little I know of Marie I think she is is lovely too and I also greatly admire her talents and skill with all things crafty :-)) Enjoy your gifts as they have come to live with another lovely lady :-))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful pillow!!! Wish it would snow here.

    Ready for Christmas?
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  26. What lovely gifts!

    I'm honored to count you as a friend - I just found your blog through a comment on someone else's blog, and I love reading your blog, and seeing your stitching. You are a kind and generous woman, and deserve all the bounty that friendship brings!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've been receiving some wonderful items in the mail lately, they've all been beautiful.

    Your CdC is looking lovely, the colors on this are gorgeous, and so striking against the dark fabric. Love the idea of the Dear Diary sampler layout. Like you I've been admiring the various RR's being worked on, and I think having them all on one finished piece will be perfect.

    As to your question on the Hermitage, I didn't get a change to go there when I was in Nashville. Unfortunately there were several places and things I didn't get a chance to see or do. I'd love to be able to take another trip back sometime and see what I missed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vonna, you received some lovely gifts.

    I enjoy your blog along with everyone else! I find I get so much out of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the snowman and pillow that Marie made for you - isn't she kind! I'm looking forward to seeing your 'midnight inspiration' come to life - it does sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh how beautiful!! Enjoy your gifts, Marie does such wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those are just too cute! I love that frosty pillow! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are so cute! Lucky you! Marie is so amazing isn’t she? I just love her :D

    I love your blog too, so keep it up! I have found so much love from blogging *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  33. Isn't it wonderful to meet a friend of like mind that you can email with and enjoy sharing blogs and crafts, and stitching?! Marie also has a gift in your friendship, Vonna. I, for one, count you as one of my 2007 blessings!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher