Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Stashing in Indiana

Hello Friends :) Thank you for all the well wishes for Ian and Jacob's birthday yesterday...they were tickled to read all the greetings! Those stinkers...make me smile! LOL!
Well the other day, I was approached by Danielle if I would be interested in a trade of patterns and stash...anything to let go of some of my non-used items is great by me. She wanted two of my Tin Patterns, that I know I'll never get around to stitching, so a trade we made :) I said I'd take the fabric and left it at that...thinking I made a good trade and came out on top...well this is what came in the mail to me on Monday:


There was a baggie FULL of DMC (my favorite thread), the two promised fat quarters of Buttermilk and Coffee fabric some carrie's thread and six strand sweets, a cute snowman box with post-its inside and some cute quick to stitch Sanman Originals patterns! WOWZIE! I really was flabbergasted....and if that wasn't enough, she sent a bag FULL of patterns and the sweetest note for My daughter Katie too! Katie is going to post about it this weekend when she's got a little time :) Thank you Danielle! You went above and beyond what was necessary for the trade!!!!

Next Up: My love for Sassy's Fabbys continues. I am totally and absolutely in love with Lauren's fabrics that she creates. I purchased a huge amount of more neutral ornament cuts (6 x 6) and a huge half yard in my favorite colors! Here's the snap:

The half yard is in Sugared Coffee (love it!) and this time I added Vanilla Cream (bottom square), Creamy Cocoa, Caramel Corn and Caramel Cream....Aren't the colors gorgeous?! LOVE them...you all should really, honestly try them. My fabrics are 32 ct. lugana and I just love the texture and feel of them. I don't think I'll ever buy anything other than Lauren's fabrics ever again!

NEXT UP: I know you all know by now I have a deep and abiding love for anything Little House Needleworks. I dream about Diane's patterns, want to stitch them constantly and just really, absolutely love them! (today apparently I'm having a love affair with the words really and absolutely!) Anyway....here's my latest LHN exclusive....this is the last one that I'm aware of her doing, it is from The Attic in Mesa, AZ:

Cute isn't it?! A couple of people of written to me asking how I obtained these...well they are not on their websites (either at The Busy Needle in Tuscan or at the Attic in Mesa) I called them and asked for them and placed my order on the phone. In a week they arrived at my doorstep. This Attic exclusive comes with Belle Soie Silks from Crescent Colours :) I can see a beautiful pinkeep in my future!
NEXT UP: Dear, sweet Kathy A. sent me a package today and in it she told me she remembered a post from this summer where I said I didn't have a map of my state. Well that dear lady sent me a map of my state and a tourist guide as well! LOL! You made me smile dear Kathy today! So without further ado...please let me introduce you to the great state of Indiana!



And here's our town of Bloomington: with the tinsel around it:

Well sweet friends that's all I have for today. I have many, many things out in the world being delivered to some people. I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow or the next day. In the interim, dear St. Nick arrives tonight for my little good boys and girls :) Their stockings are hung ready for the chocolate!

29 comments:

  1. Superb stash, how fun!!! Can't wait to see your new pinkeep :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is fabulous from Sassy. I just signed up for her COTM club. I am pondering a light green fabric from her to stitch Casey Buonaugurio's Irish Cream Sampler on. Can't wait to see the LHN Attic exclusive stitched up!

    -- Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swap lots of great stash there. LHN's is soon becoming one of my fav's want to stitch them all. Your fabric looks dreamy I might hve to check them out I am a big fan of lakeside's. Hope your boys had a big B-DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me laughing with the map of Indiana that Kathy sent you :)

    Wow, what a wonderful trade from Danielle - she certainly treated you!

    Looking forward to seeing your exclusive LHN chart all stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stash!!! I have to try those Sassy Fabrics, the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even live there anymore, and I have a map of Indiana. :-) It gets used occasionally, too.

    Great trade! Looks like you got lots o' stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That new load of stashy goodness is going to keep you busy for awhile!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you struck the jackpot in that trade! Danielle was very generous.
    Those fabrics look very interesting and I'm hoping to get some once I'm done with alll my Christmas shopping. I promised myself no more stash buying until then!( BTW I love that LHN chart!)
    Hope your boys had a super Bday! I love the photo of all the kids with their stockings.
    I got a kick out of seeing the map that Kathy sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what lovely goodies! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice trade, Vonna!

    I'm totally in love with Little House Needleworks, but you already knew that, right? :) - I think I'm going to have to order that store exclusive one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stash! I love the fabrics, it so hard to get a good selection of colours and fabrics here. I love the LHS design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am drooling over the LHN design. I can't wait to see it all stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stash trade. I love the photo of the children too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, the vast potential of new stash! Isn't it the best? And hey, that map looks vaguely familiar . . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful stash trade Vonna. I've never tried Sassy's fabrics - I'll have to check them out.

    After seeing your recent post about the LHN exclusive at The Busy Needle, I called them and ordered the pattern. I just ordered the one from the Attic. They really are cute designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to be at your house with all this great stash. :)
    Love the LHN pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that is a lot of wonderful stash there Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you will be having lots of stitching fun!

    I love the colors of the Sassy Fabrics. I may just have to give those a try. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a wonderful exchange package! And I think you have convinced me to try Sassy's fabrics. The colors looks gorgeous and I love the names :-). I am another fan of Lakeside Linen, but always willing to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Attic LHN chart looks wonderful, can't wait to see it stitched up and what you decide to finish it as. I love Lauren's fabrics, and how she finishes the edges of the ornament cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great loot you got! I do love LHN charts.. sadly I only have one! I need to get busy. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dearest Vonna.
    Glad you received the map and guide. Now, you won't get lost in your own neighborhood. The mail was incredibly fast - Go figure.
    Enjoy with my best wishes and a good chuckle for us both.
    P.S. Those children are just too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great stash! And what a wonderful exchange too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohhhhhh....LOVE the stash! I thought of you when I was out at Attic and saw the LHN exclusive. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow neat stash and lovely gift from Kathy...She makes me laugh as well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Like others said, wow what great stash both traded for and purchased. The fabrics especially are lovely. I've never tried any of Sassy's fabrics, most of mine recently have been Lakeside Linens or Silkweaver, but those colors of yours are certainly tempting.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what an amazing haul you've got there!!!! Kathy can certainly make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hola Vonna... tengo una propuesta... podrias venderme o intercambiarme o prestarme el diseño de LNH luego que ya no lo nesecites....
    Gracias

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher