Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Elves

Well yesterday Christmas Elves struck at my house :0)

Carol the sweetheart of blogland sent this lovely package with the "big man" supervising!



Obviously Carol has a direct line to the Head Elf himself, for she knew my very own potholders were a sight of disgust and sent me some brand spanking new ones! The old ones went STRAIGHT in the trash! Carol also sent me some super smelling gingerbread wax tarts and the loveliest of all lovlies the Prairie Schooler Santa pinkeep ornament! Which took pride and position on our tree right underneath the angel topper's feet! Yes sir! Sure does look good on my tree! Thank you so much Carol - you say I've done a lot for you this year, and I don't think I have done much of anything that a friend would do, but I appreciate the gift, I shall treasure it always and think of you each time I take out a pot roast or sheet of cookies with my pot holders ;)




Then much to my surprise and pleasure...the cutie of blogland Nicole sent me this:


Cloisonne Whitmans tin (sorry for the poor picture...you know winter is here) and a SUPER lovely Christmassy colored scissors fob! I'm lucky to own two of Nicole's fobs and I love this one as much as I loved the other one. And I was just dancing around my kitchen when I pulled out the Cloisonne tin...I've been coveting them for some time now! Thank you sweet Nicole for your gracious and generous gift as well!
What have I been up to? Stressing over things I MUST GET STITCHED, and instead of stitching those things, I've been doing this:


I stitched this back in 2002 or so and I finished it last year into a pillow...that I hated. So the other day when I was decorating my house.....with new shelves that I had bought because of my MIL's b-day gift I stitched....I decided to rip it apart (the pillow) and finish it into a pinkeep.
Turned out pretty good didn't it?
It's stitched on light blue aida, not my favorite anymore, but the design is lovely. And I made the rope cording myself! *yay* me!
It's a little larger than I like my pinkeeps, but hey it's mine so who cares?! I like it!
Today, is raining and gloomy here, my laundry is done, folded and put away, the house is clean,the baking is done and I'm going to stitch the ENTIRE day! Let's hope I get at least one of the 5 projects I have to have done...finished!
And if you don't hear from me before Christmas, I wish you all the very merriest of seasons, may your heart be full and your load light! And may you know the peace and serenity of all that is Christmas :)

38 comments:

  1. I love the PS ornament from Carol ~ she is such a wonderful and generous person and you are certainly well deserved to receive such great gifts!

    Merry Christmas, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift from Carol! Your pinkeep is really adorable. Such a cute design:)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty ornie! And great job on your pinkeep too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely gifts! but I adore the pinkeep you made! big or not that stocking is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super gift from Carol. The pinkeep you made is great and you're right, the design is lovely.

    Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice gift from Carol.
    The pinkeep looks fabulous.
    That caramel popcorn sure looks good as well as the BBD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful gifts. The pinkeep is looks really good. A wish of of a safe and happy Christmas to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You received some lovely gifts, and yes you deserve them!

    I actually prefer to make my own cord. I find most of the ones from the shops not quite the right colour or way to thick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely gift! And I adore the pinkeep! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely gifts, and I like the re-done pinkeep :)

    I hope you enjoyed your stitching day and got lots done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have received such lovely gifts Vonna! I love that Prairie Schooler pinkeep and just recently got that little card. The tin is gorgeous, and. . .I LOVE your new pinkeep. The little bluebird is precious!

    Merry Christmas Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gifts are beautiful Vonna! I absolutely adore the pinkeep-it's great! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your's. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful elves you have in your life. All the goodies are great. So's your pinkeep. Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas Vonna!

    I'm always soooo inspired when I visit and see all the good stuff you've been stitching (or planning to stitch). My 2008 goal list is very similar to yours. Wish me luck with stitcking to it, lol. Last year I tried sooo hard to steer clear of most of the exhanges and pretty much managed. I wasn't as pinned down by deadlines....but it meant I didn't stitch as much either, lol. I think this year I'll try and join in a 'few' more though, because I miss stalking the postman, lol. (I secretly think HE misses me stalking him too, hahahah)

    Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your stocking pinkeep. The colours are so rich. Well done on the cording too!
    Merry Christmas Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day Vonna. so we share a fetish for needles - especially Piecemakers. Don't you just love it. Your gifts are beautiful and well deserved.
    My best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your and your wonderful family from Leo and I.
    {{{{hugs}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful gifts! You are a very lucky person. All the best to you for Christmas and throughout the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely gifts from Carol & Nicole - I got one of Nicole's lovely fobs myself this year, too.

    I love the pinkeep! I've thought about taking about some of my earlier stitch, and re-inventing them now that I've learned more finishing techniques! Sadly, I'm not as organized as you!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol certainly knows how to spoil her friends!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Vonna!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that santa that Carol stitched for you! Next year i definitely want to stitch some of the PS santas.
    I hope the Pfeiffer household has a very Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful gifts Vonna especially the Santa from Carol. I have to stitch some PS Santas next year!

    I love the pinkeep you made.

    Have a wonderful Christmas season:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry Christmas to you and your family. You got some great goodies in the mail :)

    Your stitching is pretty, as always. I love that stocking pinkeep!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful stitching goodies to get, that would certainly brighten up a day. Your pinkeep looks lovely too, what a fun finish. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't wait to start VoHHR!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours. All the best of the season!!

    The gift is so pretty and I love the pinkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Best wishes to you and your family Vonna. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wishing you and family Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merry Christmas Vonna!
    I hope you and your family have had a lovely celebration.
    Your gift from Carol is sooo nice!
    I just love your pinkeep finish as well. It turned out lovely.
    Hope you get in lots of stitches on your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Vonna, those gifts are lovely! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna - I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas! The stitchy gifts your received are lovely and I love the pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice gift and I love the pinkeep you did yourself :-)

    Hope you all had the Merriest of Christmas's and enjoy the rest of the holidays :-))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Feliz navidad Vonna.... que el señor derrame sus gracias en vuestro hogar, y que el año 2008 este lleno de bendiciones para toda tu familia
    kisessss
    nela

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely new profile picture Vonna - the kids look great!!!

    Lovely gifts Vonna and such a pretty pinkeep.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a very Happy 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely gift from Carol. I love PS. The pinkeep is just lovely. I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a safe and happy 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love it all, you did a great job on the pinkeep, it's so pretty. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Vonna,
    You've received such lovely gifts this year and these are just as lovely. Santa is absolutely gorgeous.
    Like you, I got a bit waylaid by an old project and left my current stitching to just tweak it into shape. I think the mind just wants to do something totally different for a little while just to relieve the pressure :>)
    I just love the little pinkeep you reworked from the pillow. I couldn't ask which pattern it is as I love the design and especially the colours :>)
    Thanks so much.
    Good wishes, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wonderful gifts and I love how you refinished your piece as a pinkeep - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher