Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Andrea's Surprise!

Look at this little lovely! Sweet Andrea asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could have my address....and this is what I received yesterday: I've long been an admirer of Andrea's work and to have a real piece of hers in my hands to see her fine craftmanship, well....it is stunning. Her stitches are perfect and her finishing is just as exceptional! Thank you Andrea for an absolutely wonderful surprise! And it's a pinkeep!!! My favorite thing!!! :)

Well I've done quite a bit of stitching but of course it's all secret so I can't show you anything...but I do believe I'm going to work on my CdC today...have you all noticed that I had not been working on it?! I was on a roll with it and then Thanksgiving hit on the day that I "normally" stitched it and I didn't stitch on it that week, then the next week I was behind on exchanges, then the next week I was still behind on exchanges and this week....well I think I'm going to pull it out. Everything that has a true deadline is out the door...so I think I'll take today for myself.

Thanks for all the well wishes about my non-sleep Saturday night...I'm happy to report that I had been up 45 hours straight..... and wow! What I got done. I'm going to share with you my "goals" then some other day, I'm going to share with you my lightning bolt of "sheer genious" I had that evening. I've charted up my "idea" and pulled my threads and got my fabric , and I'm going to start to make my "idea" come to fruition on the first of the year! :) Maybe I'll share my plans before the 1st of January...time will tell! It's gonna be a delightful LARGE project!

Alrighty my goals for 2008 are:
1.) Slow down on exchanging...I'm still going to be an active participant, I'm just not signing up for every exchange that opens...I participated in 30 exchanges this year...not to mention the stress that this sometimes can add to your life (deadlines) it also adds a whole (huge) expense. So that is one "goal" to still exchange because I love it, just to be more selective of the ones I participate in.

2.) To do a Christmas ornament each month *yeah we'll see about that*

3.) To finish Easter Parade (that has been languishing untouched in my trunk since April 2006)

4.) To finish Home of a Needleworker (that has been languishing untouched in my trunk since sometime this fall in my trunk)

5.) To Continue working on the Village of Hawk Run Hallow (not touched since March 2006)

6.) To begin working on Peaceful Paradise by Midsummer Night Designs

7.) To continue with the Snowbird SAL and finish Cirque de Cercles

8.) To continue work on My Hometown by Carriage House Samplings

9.) To begin this new "brilliant idea" I had during my insomnia

10.) To stitch as many pinkeeps and smalls as I can as I have time to work in my stitching rotation. Designs include LHN fruit packs, scripture packs and CCN's cottages.

11.) TO HAVE FUN!!!

There you go friends...my humble goals for 2008.

One final last note.....did you see Diane William's design in the NEW Just Cross Stitch Mag??? MUST do for me! it is CUTE!

Alrighty then, that's it...today is laundry day....OH JOY! and It's 6:52 a.m. right now...so I need to bust a move and get downstairs to start sorting and start some dirty clothes. So ensues the day.....

27 comments:

  1. LOL Vonna, did you see my blog post about 2008 goals? Sounds like we're in the frame of mind lately! lol You'll get it all done & I can't wait to hear what your "idea" is! ;-)

    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the best ideas when I can't sleep. I would rather be sleeping, but if I can't at least something comes out of it! LOL! Good luck with your goals! We are pulling for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Number 11 sure sounds good to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pinkeep from Andrea, I bet your pinkeep basket is beginning to overflow :)

    I've been up at 3:30 the last 2 mornings in a row...usually I come up with all kinds of wonderful ideas--that need rethinking as soon as the sun rises, LOL!

    Great goals, I'm sure you'll do well with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gift from Andrea! She must have been secretly stitching away for some time now - she is an angel! I like your goals, and I love #11 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Change out a few chart names, keep some of them, and I think our goals for 2008 are the same! I'm really curious about your "brilliant idea" and can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I've been thinking about my 2008 goals too, one is the same as yours for more or less the same reasons - exchanging LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIRTY exchanges?! You are a mad woman, lol!! Cutting back seems to be a very wise thing, altho I know how much you've enjoyed it!

    I'm way curious about your brilliant idea. Hope you can share soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pinkeep you received, and what a thoughtful gift. Don't you just love snowmen?!!

    I have a few of the same goals as you for 2008. I also want to do a lot of smalls, and I want to stitch something for Christmas each month. I also want to do a lot of red and white stitching.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna.....SLOW DOWN!! Thirty exchanges!! I'm with you on No.1, only I started in the Autumn. I love exchanges but it does set in the panic sometimes.
    I'm so glad you liked the gift. I kept reading about your love of pinkeeps so I chose to send one to you.
    I know I'm going to love your brilliant idea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenna1:08 PM

    The pinkeep from Andrea is just gorgeous. She certainly does beautiful work! I agree with the others who are amazed by the number of exchanges you participated in this past year. You definitely deserve a bit of a break! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely pinkeep!

    That was a long time to be awake! but it does sound like you used your time well :) Love your list .. I need to do that too. and #11 rocks *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Vonna you sure did a lot of exchanges this year and I"m sure slowing down is a great idea if you really want to meet your 2008 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vonna,

    You participated in how many exchanges this year???!!! Wow. The postman must really love you. I can understand the appeal though. And how easy it can be to get carried away. If I could do finishing I might be tempted to get into a few of these exchanges too.

    A belated but heartfelt Happy Birthday to your daughter Katie, who looks a bit like a young Kirsten Dunst in the picture that you posted in your previous post.

    And also Happy Birthday to your twins Ian and Jacob. Hope they all had wonderful days, which I'm sure they did.

    I was interested to read your posting about Sassy's Fabbys, and to see the pictures that you posted of her fabrics. What lovely colours you chose. I can see many a LHN design looking very smart on any one of these pieces of fabric.

    It's tempting to buy lots of fancy hand dyed fabric in all sorts of colours, but these lovely shades of brown, beige and so on are really the ones that suit most designs the best.

    I love the tin that you decorated for Sharon. The Prairie Schooler design really fits nicely on the tin and it's such a pretty one. The clasp that you made for it is such a great idea and really finishes off the piece.

    And what a lovely pinkeep you recieved from the incredibly talented Andrea. A wish for a white Christmas, and a hint to the weather man.

    Reading the list of your goals for 2008 made me tired out. Now I'm curious to know what your "Lightening bolt idea" is all about. Will stay tuned!!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute gift from Andrea!

    Good luck with your goals for 2008. I can't believe you participated in 30 exchanges this year - that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pinkeep is really very beautiful. I wish you all the best of luck with your goals for next year. I am sure that you will meet most if not all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the pinkeep you received from Andrea is beautiful!!

    And, your 2008 stitching goals sound great--especially #11. :)

    I'm so looking forward to hearing about your "lightning bolt of sheer genius brilliant idea"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Vonna - that's a lovely pinkeep from Andrea!

    Now I have to go check out my Just Cross Stitch mag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous pinkeep! How generous Andrea has been :) And how generous you have been too - 30 exchanges!! I had enough trouble doing the ones I signed up for!

    Can't wait to see what the brilliant idea is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh - every time I see this ornament I want to make it. What a great surprise from Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vonna, I was just about to post a question about gluing for a pinkeep, and I remembered you had a tutorial and went and looked, and of course you had answered all my questions! With you as my guide I ought to be able to do it (she says hopefully). Thank you!

    It's such fun to see pictures of your gorgeous children and to hear all your plans for the upcoming year. You are the perfect example of a busy person being the best at getting things done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous gift from Andrea! You lucky girl. Her stitching is beautiful. I think your goals are great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goal #5: join us in the stress free SAL and keep motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a gorgeous pinkeep you received from Andrea. Her stitching and finishing are fantastic.

    I haven't even thought about goals for 2008 yet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful pinkeep from Andrea how nice of her :-))
    Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute pinkeep!

    You were so busy this year with exchanges, it'll be good to slow down. I like your goals! Can't wait until next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your 2008 goals sound wonderful. Can't wait to see what your burst of genius was. I'm going to stitch ornaments next year too. I'd like to have a second Christmas tree with all handmade ornaments on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher