Tuesday, November 13, 2007

World Kindness Day!

Friday I received a box in the mail...Hmmm....I thought, no exchanges that I haven't received, I wonder who it's from? I walked into the house and saw that it was from a friend of mine Susan. Well I wanted to rip that thing open but as I flipped it to find a place to begin the demise of that box, I saw a note that said do not open until Nov. 13, please. WHAT?! Well I wanted to open it, but I didn't. So today, I awoke bright and early to let the ripping begin :0) And this is what I found:


A lovely letter saying that today is not only dear Susan's 46th birthday but it is also World Kindness Day, and that susan decided that this year "...to celebrate my birthday by giving "gifts" to the women in my life who have shown me such kindness and friendship, whether it's been through sharing e-mails, reading my blog, or just being there with a hug whn I needed it..." Well I don't know that I deserved such a special gift, but it is a beauty and I shall show you more now!!!
A lovely BIG bar of Lundt's Raspberry filled chocolate...have you ever tried it with coffee Susan it is delightful and so nourishing for breakfast ;)
See the wee ornament in the picture? This is the backside of it.



Here's a close up of the divine little ornament the Susan stitched for me! It's from the Little House Needleworks Dear Diary series...I love it so much! Peace is what she stitched for me....maybe she knew this week was not going to be "peaceful" and this will help me to remember to think "peace"!
Susan, I wish you the best of birthdays and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this special note and gift that you have presented to me! What a lovely surprise! Thank you!!!


Next up: Here's the Busy Needle Exclusive from Little House Needleworks that I ordered a couple of weeks ago....it came on Friday and I hurriedly started stitching it for myself! It's almost done!!!! I'll have a picture soon to share :) I'm well pleased with the design. Isn't it cute?!
Here's one of my son's Ian showing off his most recent Lego creation :)

And I shall leave you with a picture of my wee Ellie...with her first set of Piggy Tails....isn't she the cutest?!

Until next time dear friends, may your fabric be the canvas and your needle the brush for painting a masterpiece!

23 comments:

  1. Lucky you on a lovely surprise, Vonna! I'm sure I'm like you in that I could fill my blof with pictured of my son's Lego models LOL. And yes, Ellie is so cute! She looks like she loves the pig tails toon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyslexic fingers strike again! I really should take more time to read back my comments before posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - I think I have tears in my eyes. Susan truly is a kind person and what a nice way to celebrate one's birthday - by giving to others! Enjoy your gift from her Vonna - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift! Busy Needle looks adorable. I will have to order this chart! Thanks for enabling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, generous gift from Susan--congrats!
    Great lego creation and darling little pigtails :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gift from your friend, those unexpected surprises are so wonderful. I remember our days of Legos, I am loving those pigtails!!! Have fun stitching LHN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh--piggy tails and little striped pants. So cute! I love Susan's reverse birthday gift, as well as the pretty place mat (?) it's sitting on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful new project and a most wonderful and deserving gift for you! What a wonderful way of sharing the birthday fun! Enjoy!!
    Ian and Ellie are so precious... Is that Ellie's first smile on camera? She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift you received, and the Peace ornament is so pretty. Chocolate - I'll be there in a minute!

    Great kids - very cool Lego creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww what a sweetie! And Ellie looks so cute with those pigtails too! I remeber how exceited I was once my girls hair was long enough for pigtails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thos pics of the kids are sure cute! Love your gift too what a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your children are adorable and I bet they keep you busy. What a sweet gesture...kindness day, the fob is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan is just the sweetest! I got a box too, and waited too! :) I love that exclusive from Busy Needle! Thanks for sharing Vonna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely beautiful and unique way to celebrate one's birthday!!

    Your kids are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely Susan gave you such a nice surprise on /for her birthday, you really deserve it . I wish you many more :-))) Love the LHN and look forward to seeing your finish which I know will be as good as your DS Ians Lego creation :)) As for Ellies pig tails...awww she looks so cute and cuddly I'm blowing her kisses from England:-))
    Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can you tell me how much the Busy Needle LHN exclusive was? I would love to get it and I didn't see it on their site. Thanks, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had to smile at Ian and his Legos! My photo albums are filled with pictures of lego creations the twins have made, lol! I have noticed that within the last year, they haven't been playing with them much. Darn this growing up business!

    And seeing cutie pie Ellie in her piggy tails!! I used to braid my dds' hair - they looked so sweet. :D In fact, my oldest dd had her hair braided for her wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan's gift to you is beautiful. Your littl girt is so cute. Where did you get the cup and saucer? The pattern is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful gift. Your children are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful gift and such a great idea to celebrate World Kindness Day. I love the Busy Needle design, are they GAST by chance? I look forward to seeing this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely gift! So thoughtful.

    I bet you have almost every LHN pattern there is, eh? :)

    Ellie is a doll! And that's a pretty cool creation your son came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What adorable children :) Little angels..

    Your gift from your friend is so sweet and I'm sure well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna, how absolutely sweet and generous of Susan. It's beautiful and I know it made your day! The kids look great-those pigtails are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher