Monday, November 26, 2007

Surprises Galore!

First off I'd like to "thank" each and every one of you that took the time to leave me a comment about the loss of my husband's friend. Today is his memorial service and it shall be a tough one for all of his collegues.

First Up: I'd like to share with you my Biscornu Basket...which is really just a "french bread" basket and I made a "liner" for it without further ado, here it is...isn't it cute?! Love them all ...those little goodies in there :)

Next Up: Today I received my first Crazy Exchange! Janaina must of taken a liking to me and this is all the goodies she sent to me:

A super biscornu and fob featuring my initial and on the back her signature and location and year...LOVE IT and she was also good enough to send me the most lovely letter and two chocolates to try from her homeland Brazil, two lovely green Anchor flosses and some thread bobbins...what a great surprise! Thank you so much Janaina! I don't know if she has a blog, but I will certainly let you know once I find out!




Then I got another package today...this one was from Melissa. She had e-mailed me to see if I would want some empty tins she had...as she said she had lots of them...well apparently! As look at this that I opened up today!:

Watch out! I'm going to be making up a lot of these cuties in a few months!
Lastly I received the Stitching Bloggers Birthday gift from Patti This is the biscornu that she made me....isn't it lovely?!

Here's all the loot I got from Patti.....

Thank you so much Patti, I enjoyed the lot of it! :)
I've lots to be thankful for and one of them is for stitching friends and blogging. I've never stitched as much as I have this year and it is simply because I'm inspired to do so by all you clever ladies out there. I am lucky to be a member of this vast community. Thank you!
Until next time....stitch with dancing fingers :)

30 comments:

  1. Great exchange and I love the biscornu basket! What a clever idea! My prayers go out as you attend the memorial service. May God comfort all that mourn. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful EVERYTHING! And Vonna, I hope you know what an inspiration you are to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute way to display your biscornus!

    Your birthday gifts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely basket of biscornus! I love the one on the far right on dirty linen... lacy looking (LOL!).... congratulations on your first Crazy Exchange! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to see what you make for Janaina now! And what a lovely gift from Patti... {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful exchanges!
    I love how you have displayed your biscornus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What awesome exchanges.
    Love the biscornu basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope today goes OK for everybody! Love the way you have chosen to display your biscornus. Wonderful exchanges , love the bee on the one from Patti :) Look forward to seeing what you do for the tins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been seriously spoiled, Vonna! Good for you. I had to laugh when I saw the altoids tins. I know how haooy they can make a person :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a great mail day for you!

    I love your idea of using the french bread basket for biscornus!!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the most incredible cross stitch collection i have ever seen.
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a very nice mail day. Congratulations on all of the wonderful gifts. You are an inspiration to lots of us out here. I spend many days looking over your blog for ideas for finishing my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are definitely in the tin making business now, lol! You've definitely been spoiled, but then it's only fair with all the spoiling you do for others. :D

    Have a great week finishing off that nrr! I'm getting back to mine right after cooking dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful things you have received. I love the biscornu basket, it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You got a lot of great gifts :) Happy Birthday too! You are such an inspiration because you do such beautiful needlework. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both gift packages are beautiful and now I see why you needed a biscornu basket. Wow, and all those tins too. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect basket for your biscornu! You do get the most fun things in the mail :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. You received some beautiful gifts - you are loved! I really like your biscournu basket. They are such lovely little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo gorgeous exchanges and gifts. I bet you're really chuffed!! I would be. Love your biscornu basket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful post, lots of lovely gifties. Gorgeous basket of biscornus.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely exchange. I like a lot your biscornus basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the biscornu basket !
    All the gifts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the exchanges. Everything is so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. All those tins ought to keep you busy!!
    I love your Biscornu basket. It's a great idea for showing them all off.
    Awesome gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, what fabulous surprises and beautiful stitching. I know that you will put those tins to wonderful use!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow you have been spoiled a lot. Everything is beautifull and I am jealous about the tins as they are here so difficult to find.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love you biscornu basket!!!!
    And the exchanges you received are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow what beautiful exchange gifts and a LOT of tins:)

    I love your biscornu basket. I think I may have to use your idea if that is OK as the couple I have are currently in a basket with needlerolls and they don't get displayed so well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovdly biscornu basket you have and what lovely gifts/exchanges you received. I love the one Patti has stitched for you - lucky girl Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your biscornu basket - what a cute idea! And the exchanges/gifts are all spectacular. Can't wait to see what you do with all those tins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher