Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New Tutorial, New Blogs and more...

I've had some people ask for me to make a tutorial about pinkeeps, so after a couple more ladies asked me this week, I decided to get on it! I had the pictures taken of the steps way back in July...but never got around to making the tutorial. But thanks to dear Sharon today asking me how I made my pinkeeps because she liked the feel of the one I made her for her Seasonal Exchange ~ I got to writing one up! Thanks Sharon for kicking me in the pants! So without further ado...here's the link to my Vonna's Pinkeep Tutorial. I hope you find it clear and easy to follow. I tell you pinkeeps is one of my *most* favorite finishes! ENJOY! It's my pleasure to help people find new ways of finishing :)

Here's a fantastic new blog for you all to go visit...I had the privilege of meeting Wanda through Fair and Square because she wanted to join us. Hop on over and take a gander at her lovely Yellow Biscornu and her SUPER present for her husband...STUNNING! She's a brand spanking new blogger and it's always nice to meet a new talented stitcher.

I may be late on the bandwagon for this next blogger, because I see her commenting all over the place, but I wanted to draw your attention to Teejay of The Passion of my Needle she's a real stitching dynamo and has fine projects and intersperses her blog posts with stitching history and background. She's quite the needle artist. I had the luck of meeting her also through Fair and Square. So click on over there to visit with her as well.

Today, I had the lovely luck of seeing my beloved Postman walking to my door, that means only one thing...that there is *something* that doesn't fit in my mailbox! And Lo and Behold it was from dear Staci, my partner in Fair and Squares. She made me some lovely squares to share! She nailed my likes pretty doggone good too! I love them Staci! HOWEVER, in the middle of taking pictures of the squares and goodies....my batteries died...so next time I'll be able to show you the lovelies that Staci made me and sent me!

Thanks to all my readers, visitors, commenters and friends alike! You make me smile and my heart sing! Take care :) and Big Hugs to you all :)

34 comments:

  1. Vonna,
    Thanks for the plug and thanks for your contribution to our sweet community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Vonna! Thanks!
    I batting between the front an back pieces it's a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe you already got your squares--2 days, that was fast!!! I'm glad you like them :)

    Great pinkeep tutorial too!!! Ummm, do you ever sleep? I don't know how you accomplish so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to try your tutorial! Loving the new blogs you are posting about. I just traded a chart with teejay! a

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the great pinkeep tutorial--I "might" gather up my courage to try one some day. :)

    My idea of finishing a piece, other than framing, is to put the stitched piece in a mailing envelope and mail it to a nice lady who will add it to a quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to check out your pinkeep tutorial tomorrow when my brain is fresh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vonna!
    Thanks for the tutorial. I have a small project that will be perfect for it! I will definitely need the instructions! I visited teejay, thanks for the link. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vonna, wonderful tutorial. Guess I'll have to do a pinkeep now. Thanks for the heads up on the two new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your tutorial! I can't wait to make a pinkeep! Thanks for all you do for all of us!
    xoxo
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm gonna email you a picture of my Halloween exchange, be truthful, does it look ok? I chickened out on the tin, I got worried, so decided to make this!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the new tutorial! I have made one before, but wasn't happy with it...so I'm looking forward to trying out your instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tutorial! It's just wonderful, and something I've been meaning to try for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your tutorials and the time you spent putting that together.

    Your stitching is just wonderful.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vonna, thanks so much for the tutotial. I will definitely be trying it with my next pinkeep. Thanks too for links, I have already had the pleasure of coming across Teejay's blog but not Wanda's

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tutorial, Vonna! Lots of pics too (need that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful tutorial Vonna, I'm sure I'l be using it soon since I have a couple of pinkeeps that need "finishing."

    I had *just* gotten caught up on all the new blog entries made while I was on vacation, and you have to go and show me new blogs! They're added to my reader now, and hopefully I can keep up with it all. Luckily its been slow at work this week. Shh! don't tell my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT tutorial my dear friend :)
    Have a most lovely day :)
    ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting.. Right now, I have a picture frame in my bedroom with hooks on it, and that's where I have my special ones hanging.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for the tutorial. I started assembling my very first pinkeep this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the tutorial, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the tutorial and links!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tutorial and I love you introducing us to new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Vonna for another wonderful tutorial! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, my but how busy you have been whilst I've been MIA, dear Vonna!!! And everything is sooo beautiful! Such lovely finishes, exchanges and gifties... and thanks ever so much for your Pinkeep Tutorial... I read through it and your directions make it sound so easy... I really want to try my hand at one soon! :) It's the perfect way to finish our Fair Squares!

    And my deepest heartfelt thanks for your sweet and kind thoughts on my blog... you are always an inspiration, Hun...

    Oh, and you'll never guess... Wanda and I live about 20 minutes or so from one another in the same County... is that not Wild! lol Thanks for the link to her blog, Sweetie... Hopefully, she and I can meet and have some lovely stitchy times together... :-)

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful tutorial, Vonna...thanks so much for doing that!

    Hope you are feeling a bit perkier today; I think I am :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wanted to leave the following comment on your Stitching Neighbor blog but it wouldn't let me, so I found this one instead. What a joyful blog! Glad I came. Anyway, here's what I said previously.

    Your blog showed up on the "Blogs of Note" when I signed onto my own blog, and I just had to take a peek :-)

    What amazing talent! I love these designs. And what a great idea for bonding neighbors. How original. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I look forward to seeing your squares when you replace those batteries!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for posting the tutorial! It's really great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Vonna! I'm new to your blog anf just wanted to say you do the most fantastic finishes:) Thank you for your pinkeep tutorial:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the great tutorial Vonna! I need all the help I can get and your dirctions and pics make everything so clear.
    Thanks also for sharing some new blogs. It's always nice to meet new stitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Teejay and I have been in touch. she is a great writer and a lovely stitcher!!!
    It is always nice to look at new blogs.
    I look forward to seeing you squares.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your pinkeep tutorial is very timely for me - you know how anxious I am about finishing. It's very clear and I think even I can follow it. I might try it with my JBW Designs Apple or Pine Tree Hill. It's nice to have accumulated a little body of work to try new things with!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yay! A new tutorial! Woo Hoo! I love those :-) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher