Tuesday, September 04, 2007

USEBB Tin Topper Exchange from GOLDIE

Today my good buddy the Postman had another surprise for me! That guy :) Today he brought me an exchange package from Goldie!! When I opened this package, I was awestruck by the beauty held within! Check out this SUPER exchange! USEBB Tin Topper Exchange
Stitched by: Goldie
Design: LHN Necessities Sampler
Finished as a tin

Here's all the glorious Extra's Goldie sent! I got a package of 28 Piecemakers (my *fav* needles ever!), some gingham linen (I've always wanted to try!!!), some sweet butterfly stickers that my daughters will be fighting over :) , the entire collection of GAST Threads Color of America (WHOOT!) and the most stunning wee handstitched/made threadwinder!

Here's the inside shot of the tin...stunning isn't it?!

And here's the wee little threadwinder that nearly made me cry...see the wee little sheep and my initial "V"?

The generosity of our stitching community is astounding! The thought and talent that Goldie has put into this exchange is definitely apparent....and it wasn't lost on me. Here's what she did to make it special: Needle Necessities Sampler was on my wishlist - she stitched it for me. Piecemaker Needles are my favorite needles - she got me sleeve. Sheep are my most favorite animals...why??? I really don't know, but they just make me smile for some reason and she stitched one on the threadwinder. I was really *wanting* some of those GAST Colors of America threads and I wouldn't buy myself a set and here she went and did it for me! I could just cry at the thoughtfulness of dear Goldie. Goldie please know that each little token and stitch you placed in this exchange is not lost on me. Thank you for your sincere thoughtfulness to detail :)

This is a treasure that I shall place in a position of honor among my most loved stitching pieces. I shall cherish it forevermore! Thank you!!!

Thanks too for all of the visitors! WOWZERS 56 comments on my last post :) I'm going to get a big head thinking I'm popular or something....I posted my Tin Topper Exchange today to my partner, so soon I'll have some stitching of my own to share :) Until then.....

45 comments:

  1. What an awesome exchange gift.
    And lucky me for the first comment, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous exchange :) Goldie did a lovely job :) Enjoy it dear Vonna :)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new tin topper. That is a nice design too. Goldie does nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goldie sure has the right name! She truly has a heart of gold. Everything she made you is beautiful, Vonna. Those threads are really pretty. I can't wait to see what you'll stitch with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a 'golden' exchange! :D What a treasure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky, lucky, lucky you! Your very own thread winder. That is one gadget I want to try myself. Lovely goodies Vonna, and you deserve each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful exchange!!! The tin and threadwinder are so beautiful!! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one beautiful tin topper you received, and all those lovely gifts. Goldie outdid herself.

    You have a lovely blog, you deserve 56 comments. Although I think your daughter still holds the record for the most comments I've seen, or did you beat her out when you were giving something away? Anyways, you are both sweet and deserving of kind words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece. Goldie did a beautiful job! You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ~ that is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely to die for exchange!!! I know you will treasure it forever. Enjoy, Miss Vonna. You certainly deserve it!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great exchange! I love the little threadwinder! How sweet. I'm watching for the mail truck! I can't wait to see what you stitched for me!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply stunning exchange! I had the pleasure of meeting Goldie and her lovely family this past week. It was great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous exchange! Goldie did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a truly exquisite treasure you've received!!! Such beautiful and thoughtful stitching and finishing!!! Congrats ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Tin Topper is fabulous,and so is the little threadwinder.
    I've been introduced to the piecemaker needles as well and I just love them, I don't use anything else any more if I can help it.
    Our LNS is going to start getting them in. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning!! You deserve it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goldie has done a beautiful job on your exchange. I love the threadwinder, it's too cute! You all put so much thought into these exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this chart, and Goldie's stitching really did it justice. The thread winder is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowzer indeed! What a fab exchange and yeap and the details...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great exchange Vonna, great job Goldie. Love the little threadwinder, too cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. O. Wow! That tin looks amazing!! And the threadwinder is so sweet! That is some stitching talent!! Enjoy all your goodies, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful tin topper !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, that is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what incredible exchange gifts!! How generous and kind of Goldie. I love that LHN chart, must add it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely tin! She did a beautiful job! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a really lovely exchange - Goldie is so thoughtful! Her work looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another beauty! Goldie is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful, wonderful exchange, and it couldn't have gone to a nicer person. Its really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, what a great package! Great stitching by Goldie!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fantastic exchange, and you can tell a lot of thought was put into all of the choices. I love the finishing on the tin, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It was my pleasure to stitch for you for that exchange! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a great exchange! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. How sweet! It's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow that's a beautiful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh what a gorgeous and beautiful exchange :) Such love and thought.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You deserve it Vonna. You are so thoughtful and kind to everyone.
    Goldie did a great job on this exchange, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a pretty tin! I love good mail :-).

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! What a gorgeous piece!! Love the tin topper and the threadwinder (so cute with the sheep!).

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow what an awesome tin!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That is one gorgeous and golden gift! Goldie really took some special time to give you this, Vonna. I think it's so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a beautiful exchange! And you are well worth every stitch! A beautiful gift for a beautiful person. :-)

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  43. claude5:00 AM

    I own a Memory Foam Mattress and it’s wonderful! Best bed ever! I have a lot of sleeping problems and it solves all but my girlfriend’s snoring! I think the government should pay for everyone to have Memory Foam Mattresses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher