Thursday, September 13, 2007

Loooong Day

Well it's been another long day of cleaning and decorating. This time it's our office. We moved into this house June 2006 and it was brand new. This room was supposed to be a formal dining room, but I just didn't have any use for that, so I had the builders wire it for an office. Well, ever since we've moved in I haven't liked this room and I spend a lot of time in it because I'm on the computer a lot :) So today was THE day that I got busy to make it more my own and reflect the decor of the rest of the house. Here's what I came up with:

From the door way: I added my brothers table that he made me using the wrought iron from a White treadle Sewing machine. He also found a junked old singer sewing machine and wired it to make a light that goes on the top. That cedar chest in the left of the picture was made by my grandfather and painted by my mother for my HS graduation.




We have two computer desks...these were made by my MIL for us :) See the shelf/cubby on the wall there...that holds more stitching smalls.

Opposite the computers is my piano




There's a double window in the room and I bought and put up the curtains today :0)

And here's a close up of my sewing machine light and what I'm "sewing"....
the tea towel is from Heather isn't it the most gorgeous thing?! And then see my granny's china tea cup is sitting on Cathy B's beautiful hardanger doily she gave me for my birthday :)



Yep, I'm bushed ..... I've done a whole lot of nailing and spackeling (because of "missed" nail holes) today but I'm thrilled with the way this room turned out!



Ok, thanks for visiting! Sorry this blog has turned into a home decorating one the past couple of days...but I know that I love to be a voyeur into other people's spaces and thought I'd share with all my friends :) Now it's off to collect the kids from school.

Until next time.....

31 comments:

  1. I love the lamp sewing machine! Awesome! I really need to clean myself. I'm just kind of lazy right now! haha I should clean in case I have to have surgery, then I'll come home to a clean house.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh GF ... it is wonderful. Excellent way to set up your office.

    Enjoy your new space : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the two days of house pictures! your office looks very homey and comfy .. I enjoy seeing how you show your stitching :)

    I see you love Autumn too *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your home looks so cozy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, looks cozy. Is that a functioning sewing machine? It's very nice, and the cute little project on it is wonderful too!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my grandmother's old treadle sewing machine. The lamp and table give me a couple of ideas. Thanks for sharing. Oh, how I wish I had the energy to tackle my humble abode!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely room. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always exhausted from a day of "big" cleaning, as I call it. :D Big cleaning involves moving the furniture around and getting all the dust from the corners and under the furniture. But what a wonderful feeling at the end of it! Your office looks so inviting now - you'll feel much more at ease when you're using the computer!

    My homeschooled kids and I spent an hour doing an almost big cleaning in the family/school room - the dust is still pretty thick on the shelves - but still it feels much better.

    I can't get over that wonderful old sewing machine lamp - so original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your computer room looks lovely. I really love the sewing machine lamp - what a novel idea!

    I like to look into other's personal space - it gives me an insight into the person I just know from their blog, plus it gives me ideas for what I would like to do when I buy my own home (which will hopefully be next year!)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dianne7:47 PM

    Lovely! You did a great job in your special room. I'd love to have a room to kick around in myself. Enjoy it immensely!
    The lamp is awesome and one-of-a-kind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to see how you're making this room your own...it looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vonna, it looks great! I love your other pictures too. That stitching chair looks to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love home decorating blog entries! What a gorgeous sewing machine that has been turned into a lamp. Enjoy your "new" room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your computer room! It's so neat and inviting. Actually I am envious of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Vonna
    I am applying to rent a room in your house! It is beautiful and I think I would fit right in! That chair looks pretty comfy. I love your seving machine lamp What a great idea. You have done a wonderful job of displaying all your smalls

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sewing machine lamp is awesome. I have my grandmother's old treadle machine cabinet. It needs some refinishing work. I don't really feel comfortable doing that kind of work, so I got an estimate to have it done. Was over $1000. Decided that was tooo much. Might have to consider other options now that I see your lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very, very pretty room, Vonna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Room Vonna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a very nice set-up! I love the sewing machine lamp/sewing table. It's very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Vonna, I agree with you. I love to see into everyone's homes. It tells us something about eachother, as I mention on my blog. I love seeing your room and hearing about how and why you arranged it as you did. Your sewing machine and table is especially lovely!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on deep cleaning, it's so tiring, but so worth it. Your computer room looks splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved getting to see more of your house. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for sharing your home! You have made it so cozy as well as so functional. What a crafty family you have - no wonder you do such lovely work! The lamp is exquisite and I love how you put the tea towel under the needle - so clever. You have a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I"m enjoying teh trip though your house very much. Thanks for letting us have a peek into your world.

    ReplyDelete
  25. More great house pics - love them!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  26. That lamp is so neat!! I love different things like that. Thanks for sharing all the pics of your home. It's so cozy looking. It's given me some motivation to get busy cleaning up my place!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All the photos of your house are so beautiful, it was great to see them, thanks for sharing :) You've done great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Vonna! Your desks are great! Its a beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, how lovely! What a sweet room!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Vonna, where did you find that wonderful sewing machine light????
    You have some of the neatest items, lucky you!
    I love seeing you baeutiful house :-) Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher