Friday, September 14, 2007

Fair Squares Round #2 part 2 to Hannah

We had an uneven number of participants sign up for Fair and Square this round, so I stitched for two different partners :) Yes, it's double the work, BUT double the reward ;) Here's what I stitched for Hannah: Hannah's favorite season is Autumn, so I decided since it was getting cooler and there was a definite *something* in the air, I would stitch the Pumpkin thread pack from LHN for her. Above is my squares with my signature block and below is a close up of the Pumpkin square.



Love those colors!


I have definite plans to restitch this for myself! Hannah posted on the very day that I mailed these blocks that she had just finished this same design for herself! Awww YIKES! I e-mailed her telling of the coincidence and said I'd restitch another set of something else, but sweet Hannah said that it was alright, she'd love to have another set...so whew! it was ok. I don't think Hannah has actually received these yet, but I thought since she knew what was coming anyway, I'd post them.


Thanks for all the nice comments about my house! I love my home and *try* to have it reflect me and my family. I love antiques and the sentimental things that have been passed to me through our families. That's why I love to display things in a special way, or at least what I feel is in a special way. Thanks for viewing my home with me :)


Well, I've got to work this weekend, ugh! But next weekend...I'm off! Always something to look forward too :) Until next time....

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous squares Vonna! Definitely perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the patterns you could stitch, and you chose the same one! Well, Vonna, I think it just goes to show that you're REALLY good at choosing something the recipient will like!! (It is a very cute design!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy coincidence, Vonna! This was a beauty of a choice, and maybe it was just always meant for you anyway. :)
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this square!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely squares for Hannah, at least you know you chose well as she obviously likes the design if she's stitched it herself!
    Loved looking at the photos of your house in the previous post! I love getting an insight into people's homes and lives, it's so interesting.
    Hope work is ok for you this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, you changed your blog layout to fall, very pretty!

    You know what you did? You inspired me to put out my fall decor at home last night! My husband asked if it was too early... and I said "no! Vonna did it!" He's like... "who's Vonna?" LOL! It was funny :D

    Your pumpkin finish is so pretty. I stitched that one too and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think she will really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little pattern, you always have such cute patterns! Where do you get them all!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice for the Square :)

    I loved your pics from yesterday :) BEAUTIFUL home dear friend :)

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those squares!!! pssst...you could stitch those for me! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pumpkin square is wonderful and so perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your squares look wonderful Vonna! I hope you have a good weekend-I have to work too. Will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very pretty and you know I love pumpkin designs. I love your decoration around your house as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great minds think alike! Nice work as always Vonna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty squares :) I have the LHN Pumpkin in progress right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo, I love your pumpkin squares!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pumpkins are gorgeous! Autumn seems to be a favorite of a lot of people. Hope work goes quick for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vonna-
    Love your pumpkins-so cute! Hannah will be very lucky to have 2!

    I also enjoyed looking at the pics of your house-very lovely. I'm not quite brave enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes indeed, a perfect choice for autumn! :D And it was a pleasure to be invited "into" your home!! Your decorating skills are so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nicely done Vonna! I have that design and you've made me want to stitch it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love this square!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pumpkins! So cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks very nice. Really gets you in the "fall" mood. Also, I love the sewing machine light. Very creative and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pumpkin finish is very pretty and so appropriate for the season!
    It's obvious that you know your friends' tastes with that coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you again, Vonna! The squares are lovely. I plan on getting finishing supplies today when I go to JoAnn's :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. First of all I want to compliment you on your lovely home and great decorations Vonna. Everything looks so welcoming and so YOU.

    What a lovely square for Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful pumpkins, the colours are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such cute little pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love it! LHN's is the best! Hope work this weekend wasn't too bad, glad you have next weekend off!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the squares you made for Hannah - what a coincidence that she had also stitched them! Loved the posts of your home, you've cleary put lots of thought and love into decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What are the chances eh???

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that pattern though. It's so pretty and it's one that I wouldn't mind having 2 off!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a funny coincidence! I love the squares you stitched!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher