Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A cold snap (!)

There was a bit of a cold snap here in south central Indiana today! Yep, it's beginning to feel a lot like Autumn! :) All I can say is YES! Autumn is my favorite season of the year...well I like all them but there is something about Autumn that makes me feel happy :)
Today is Wednesday so that means one thing....laundry day and cleaning day...ugh!
But today I did it with spring in my step because I cleaned and deocrated for fall....wanna have a look?!
First off, I know you all have seen the beauteous, gorgeous stitching set that dear Becky made for me! Well this is where it sits right next to my sewing chair....isn't it pretty? ! Thanks again Becky...see it has a place of honor!
Speaking of stitching chairs...here is mine, it is brand spanking new and is made by Best Chair Company out of Ferdinand, Indiana! OOooo is it every a big comfy chair! It is a recliner too!
Some has asked me what I do with my smalls...well here is a sampling...I decorate with them...here's a basket that I made a quilted liner using a peice of fabric I got from Becky in an exchange we did early this year....and I placed some smalls in the basket :) This is in my entry way.

Here's our hearth in our living room :) It's the focal point of the room and I decorate it seasonally. There's some really neat antiques here on the hearth...if you see that "post" on the left hand side of the picture...well that is a kneeler post from my hometown church...it dates way, way back because my uncle got it when he was a little boy in the 1950's, it's shabby chic and primitive looking just like the way I decorate...today it's dressed up with a string of fall leaves :) And the big brown jug is from my grandparent's farm. I got a copper boiler there just in the corner of the right hand side...that doesn't have a story, I got it at a tag sale :)

Here's my entry way, there's lots of stories here too, the quilt rack was made by my brother when he was 13 y.o. The sheep quilt was made by me *my first and LAST* attempt at quilting - thank you! I think you can see that the tall cupboard *made by my grandfather* holds a lot of my smalls too. Plus you can see the super cool candle that Marie P. gave me for my birthday *love it* and the flat fold that Chris gave me in an exchange *love it* too. And see dear Harmien's Basket finish of nature's beauty hanging there on the wall to greet everyone with it's lovliness?!

Ok, well that's a walk through some of the cleanest and best decorated parts of my house...thanks for visiting! I had fun showing it to you! My house is my shell and I love adorning it with bits and peices from my family and friends. It all has a place of honor in our humble abode! Until next time.....

39 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures Vonna, it's so nice to see where you keep your stitching smalls. And I feel very privileged to have an exchange in your entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vonna,
    I LOVE seeing home pictures!!! Your displays are wonderful and so inviting, so cozy. WHERE did you find that weeping willow??? I love willows - must find that.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks fabulous! Just perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've displayed all of your stitchy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely home!

    Autumn is my 3rd favorite season, after summer and spring. I'm definitely a summer person, and I like spring because of the promise of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely home and lovely stitching. Fall/autumn is my absolute favorite season. Some of my seasonals are out also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the pretty pictures, I love all your smalls. And I'm with you, Autumn is my favorite season too, followed by Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vonna, your house is adorable! It's decorated so cute! I'm so envious of your cold snap up there in Indiana. We are still in the 90s down here in Florida. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year too. Unfortunately - no more fall for me. :( I know - whine, whine! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all of your decorations, you are giving me ideas to get mine out and decorate! :) You have a beautiful home Vonna! I love Autumn too, the colors and the fresh cool air, it’s almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these pictures! I love to see how other people celebrate the Fall. Love your basket of smalls. I have a big basket with small quilted pillows I set out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks just beautiful :) and inviting :)
    I am so ready for Autumn :)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a much cooler day here, too...it was very nice to be ouotside without choking on the heat and humidity in the air!

    I love your decorations! I need to get my autumn stuff out sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for letting us in to your lovely home. Very warm and comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful keepsakes you have. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a beautiful home Vonna. I just love how you've decorated it for fall. Your sheep quilt is to cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home looks so comfy! I need to decorate! You've given me the decorate for fall bug! I normally try to keep the mantel decorated each month with themes. I have a cat theme up right now. The fair in town starts tomorrow, fall is coming!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your post! It was so nice to be able to "take a look around"
    Your home is beautiful, and so nicely decorated :-).
    Your new chair looks so inviting! Great that it reclines. Again, I wish we were neighbors so I could come over and try it out.
    BTW: You did a fabulous job on that Sheep Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the impromptu tour! Very nice stitching displays everywhere you look! I must say that I absolutely love your stitching chair. How do you keep it so neat? Mine currently has about nine skeins of floss on one arm and a pattern book propped up on the other . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Packing my bags now ... will be there soon. ;)

    Love your house, Vonna. It looks so wonderfully inviting and friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved seeing pictures of your house and seeing where you display all your stitching goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your stitching corner looks very comfy, I've loved seeing how you've displayed everything

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Vonna,

    I enjoyed your photos! It looks like Autumn has definitely visited you, and I love all your vintage treasures and needlework treasures. I can just smell the pumpkin pie and taste the cider by looking into your world. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is certainly a reflection of you, Vonna, very warm, cheerful and inviting! Is there room for all of us to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pics; thanks for sharing your space :) YAY FALL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for "inviting" us into your home Vonna. Your decorating is wonderful, and reminds me I should bring out some pieces. I already have a Halloween tree up on my sideboard, but need to find a quilted piece my mother made for me.

    Love the new chair, looks very comfortable and fashionable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing Vonna! Your home looks so inviting! I've been bitten by the autumn bug and put out some fall decor too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing pictures of your home. Now I think I need to do some fall decorating of my own this weekend. Your chair looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great pictures Vonna. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing your home with us - I'm getting the next plane over and moving in with you, have you room for one more and a cat?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's such a treat to take a peak into other people's homes! I can feel fall coming on here, but the weather is still quite summery so I'm not quite ready yet to bring out the autumn box. Not that it's much. :D I'm sure your kids love seeing their home change with the seasons, bringing out memories of past years.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, I loved seeing your home and how you decorate with your stitched pieces. The quilt is soooo cute!! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It was so much fun to see where you place all your wonderful stitching items, and where you sit to stitch! I think your quilt is darling, too. Thank you for sharing.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice, nice chair!!!!! OOOO!!!! And your house looks spectacular with its fall decorations! Becky's stitching set is so pretty on your table ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your house looks fantastic!! It looks so inviting. I love the way you decorate! And that chair... I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, how pretty! I love your fall decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for inviting us into your home! You have a beautiful home, I love your autumn decorations. Autumn visited us over the weekend too, but decided she couldn't stay too long. Today its supposed to be near 90. Ick.
    I love your new chair, is it one where your feet can rest flat on the floor? I need a chair that isn't too deep or too tall, but have yet to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely, lovely HOME you have created Vonna - it is just full of love.
    That new chair - well, I don't think anyone would be able to prise me out of it once I was sitting. What a perfect chair for stitching - I am green!
    Just curious about the little fingers? Don't they just want to play and touch. Ahem, actually, if I ever visited you, I think I would want to play and touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely home! Lovely stitching! You sure can stitch and quilt. I'd make a mess, if I should quilt anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher