Friday, August 03, 2007

Rockin' Girl Bloggers

I was so thoughtfully "tagged" by MaryKathryn! I cannot tell you how much it meant to me that someone thought *I Rock*, sincere thanks to you MaryKathryn, I think you most definitely rock too :) Why? Well here's a few reasons...with your serenely, calming blog, lovely projects, super color sense, faith, your focus on hearth and home.....every time I read your blog (and I do read every post) - it's like warm pajamas on a winter night. You have a way with your words and pictures that puts me at ease and I feel right with the world. Thank YOU for blogging :D


Being tagged I need to name 5 people who I think rock, this is currently making the rounds of our vast community and I've read many other blogger's "top 5" and I have to honestly say I can't name 5 . Let me rephrase that, I cannot ONLY name 5 people. Why? Well to be honest, not only to myself but also to you my readers, I feel it makes it a "popularity" contest and a blog is an individual's expression of self and their feelings, their creativity, their lives, their interests, their hobbies and even their family and friends. There are so many things in this world that people are evaluated about and judged on that I cannot in good faith whittle it down to picking only 5 blogs. This is a personal opinion, of course, and after reading other's top 5 lists I've found many new to me blogs that I've added to my bloglines reader. So again thanks go out for people recognizing others. However I cannot whittle it down to 5 top blogs, because there are so many out there that inspires me at some level, whether it is intellectual, emotional, spiritual, humorous, newsy, crafty, decorating, etc. We have a rich and varied community and each individual brings something to the table. Each blog is a window to the writer's soul. I've met people that are the most generous, big hearted, caring people that I have ever met in my life. There are people that are giving of their time and only wanting to help others learn a new trick or technique to make things fabulous. Just reading the above words bring numerous names to mind...I bet they do to you too.

With that being said, I'd like to also say that I have over 175 feeds on my bloglines reader and I really try to visit each and every blog every time there is a new post to those blogs. I also try to comment and leave a comment that is more than just a couple of token words, because it is my*hope* that a positive word or nod in the recipient's direction will bring joy to them, as so many of you bring joy to me on a daily basis! Plus you never know, what a person may be feeling or experiencing at the time they read the comment.

My sidebar is a small sampling of the many blogs that inspire me and who I *think* ROCKS :) But there are so many more *Rocker's* out there that I've not even discovered yet and each time I discover a new one, I try to link to them from my blog, because I've found so many blogs from other people's links and sidebars that I couldn't even begin to count them.

So to each of my reader's that come to my small part of Blogdom, please know that YOU are the rockers in my world and YOU are the reason that blogging brings such joy to my life! Keep on keeping on, because I learn so much from you!
Thanks!

21 comments:

  1. Hear, hear, I second that, Vonna! And Mary Kathryn is totally right: you rock!! Good to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vonna,

    You are truly a kind and thoughtful person. I agree with MK that you "rock". I also thank you for reading my blog - not many do. It really does feel like a popularity contest and I guess I'm not good at contests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock too Vonna!

    How do I go about making a reservation at Vonna's B&B? :)
    Pretty creative way to incorporate your name into your square!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo Vonna! You absolutely have a way with words and every word speaketh the truth. High five to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answer Vonna! Karen tagged me a couple of weeks ago and I have not posted in my blog because how could I ever, every choose five out of my hundreds of blogging friends! {{{hugs}}} - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, I feel exactly the same way! There are just too many great bloggers out there to just pick five!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy a rockin' weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well said Vonna. I always get a little tingle of excitement and happiness when you've left a comment on my blog, I try to return the favor to others. And it seems every single day I'm adding at least 1 or 2 more blog links to my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said Vonna - but You do Rock! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna, you definitely Rock and you have such a wonderful way with words. Your blog has always been a source of inspiration to me and I glad to know that maybe I touch you too in my own little way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way your expressed your thoughts! You Rock! LOL I love your recent finishes. The box turned out great as did the covered tin. Great job on the RR too! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. True spoken words from a rocker:) Well said. Front Porch is detailed beautifully. Thanks for the thoughtful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rock on Vonna! I always enjoy your blog.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post, you truly do rock.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a hard time, too... I felt that by tagging 5 I was leaving out all the other hundred that I read and enjoy almost daily! And I, too, think you rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I second that. I totally have the same feeling with that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You do totally Rock Vonna! I feel as you do do, in that you just can't choose only 5 people! Everyone here rocks and everyone is wonderful to know that takes the time to comment and share thoughts and everything that we see here! Hugs Debby :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet and you know YOU ROCK too of course. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well said. I certainly appreciate each and every person who comments on my blog, and I have well over a hundred blogs in my reader that I regularly read and comment on. Isn't it fun to find so much inspiration out there?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well said Vonna as this is kinda my opinion when I was talking to my Mum because I had the honour of being voted one but couldn't possibly choose only 5 as I love all the blogs I visit and all my cyber friends :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher