Monday, August 27, 2007

Redwork Exchange from Terry

O Happy Day! Look what that lovely man the postman brought today for me! This is the USEBB Redwork Exchange from Terry! Look at the lovely detail of this divinely made scissors pocket and pincushion!! Can you see all the hundreds of tiny beads all around the edges? LOVELY!

And then look at the inside personalization!!! What a super detail :)

And here's all the goodies....dear Terry sent me a lovely card and on the inside she said she hoped I didn't mind that I got "stuck" with her for a second exchange (LOL! Mind? Would any of you mind getting this gorgeous set?!!!) I've been wanting Lavender Hill for a long time from LHN and now I have it! Thank you Terry!!! And check out that super neat ribbon that Terry sent along...I'm thinking of trying a mattress pincushion and using it as the edge...isn't it gorgeous? I'm thinking CCN's Rose Garden...yep, I see it in my future! :)

I'm sure by now you all know I participate in a lot of exchanges and how could I not when you meet such lovely ladies and you receive such special pieces of art! It is glorious Terry! I couldn't have done what you accomplished here! Thank you so very much, it shall be treasured always!

Well friends...I mailed my USEBB Redwork exchange, Seasonal Exchangers "Summer" Exchange and the SBEBB What's the Buzz exchange on Thursday of last week. I was thrilled to pieces with how each of them turned out...I can't wait to share them, I think they all are some of my best pieces ever....we'll see what you all think when I can share them. Now I'm HURRIEDLY stitching three more exchanges...I know...I know...but I've not signed up for as many in upcoming months because I want to try my hand at perhaps stitching something for myself for a change :)

Until next time...keep those needles going :)

38 comments:

  1. WOW! I think I need to say that again -- WOW!! These are beautiful and look at all those beads!! You lucky lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are so pretty. I will be thrilled to receive to. I know you will cherish it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that redwork set is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked it Vonna, I did have a little problem parting with this one, although I might have had trouble explaining the name on it if I kept it, LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! I think she did a wonderful job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh MY!!! It's just gorgeous :) WOW!!!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! That redwork set is gorgeous, fantastic, beautiful, and any other great word. Terry did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful--definately a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gifts you received from Terry. She did a gorgeous job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow is right .. those are beautiful! Terry did some wonderful finishing .. I'm sure you'll enjoy them for years to come!

    So what are you going to stitch for yourself after all the exchanges are done??

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beauty! You sure are getting spoiled with pretty redwork stitching goodies lately. I, for one, am jealous, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that set is beautiful. What a gracious and talented exchange partner you had. Can't wait to see your picture posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome exchange! I love the personalization, and that pretty beaded edge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's just gorgeous Vonna! Terry did a fantastic job. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful Redwork pieces. You are a lucky lady! How nice that she personalized it with your name :)
    Look forward to seeing all of the exchanges that you stitched. Your work is always top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely exchange!!! I love how she personalized it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous exchange from Terry - you deserve it Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That set is just awesome!! What a talented stitcher Terry is!
    I don't know how all of you manage to get these lovely exchanges done. I just don't have enough hours in the day for that. Not until I retire anyways. (4yrs and counting!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The stitchers set was so meticlously put together. Shows loads of love :)

    I have been thinking too that I've not seen any posts about stuff you've stitched for yourself. I missed The Needleworker, Inspirations and Nantucket Rose.

    Great idea of using a ribbon as the sides of a mattress pin cushion. I might just steal that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooooo. Now that is some beautiful redwork! I'm thinking you just might deserve that stuff, Vonna! :)
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME exchange! Of course, since I love redwork, I'm extremely partial to this one. Lucky gal you are to receive such a wonderful exchange. Enjoy!

    P.S. Thanks for today!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! what a gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! Those are just stunning. Absolutely gorgeous! Do you know if it's a chart or did Terry make it up herself? I'd love to do something like that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful exchange gifts! I love redwork.
    Cant wait to see what you've been stitching. I was looking at your sidebar...you sure have done a lot of exchanges! Im looking forward to my first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, it's truly a beauty! What a great exchange :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky you! I wouldn't mind getting 'stuck' with Terry twice. Of course, that would mean participating in all these exchanges, and then when would I sleep? We all know you don't sleep (surely?) and one of these days, you're going to have to share your secret with us. Meanwhile, enjoy all these goodies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow- that is truly amazing and I'm so glad you pointed out all the gorgeous beadwork on it! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This set is SO beautiful! I agree that you are a very lucky recipient. I love the beaded edges.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Terry's work is beautiful - what a lovely exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, that set is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is so pretty, and the beads really add to them all.

    As a receiver of one of your exchanges, I am glad that you do them! It will be good to do some stitching for yourself too :) Can’t wait to see what you do! I saw a pattern the other day that reminded me of you. The pattern maker was Cedar Hill and it was called Suffolk Sheep. You should check it out someday. The pattern you got with this exchange is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  34. How beautiful! What a treasure you have received-- and you are worth every stitch!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is just gorgeous! Terry did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh thats a lovely set to receive, no wonder you are so happy its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oooh, it looks fantastic in red! A beautiful exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher