Friday, August 03, 2007

Neighborhood's and Birthday's

I'm a participant in Group #2 of the Hello Neighbor! round robin. August 1st was our mailing deadline for round #2. I had the good fortune of stitching for Margaret this round. Margaret had indicated that she loved Victorian Homes and would like an emphasis on gardens for her Neighborhood. So I selected a pattern from Paula Vaughan to stitch for Margaret after consulting her and getting the OK, because it wouldn't feature an entire "home" but a welcoming front porch. Here is what I stitched for Margaret:

Margaret's RR

Love Builds a Home by Paula Vaughan ~ hope you like it Margaret!

**********

Since I posted last dear Carol had a birthday. Happy Belated Birthday Carol! I stitched for her this:

"ASTERS" by Prairie Schooler

finished as: Covered Box


Fibers: DMC
Fabric: Silkweaver Solo 32 ct.
I also sent along two patterns off Carol's wishlist. I believe that Carol said she is using this box as a keeper of her scissors collection. Hope you liked it Carol!
***********
I also had another dear friend, Sandy having a birthday. This is what I stitched for her:

Covered Tin Box
Design: "motif" from freebie Garden Gameboard by LHN
Fibers: DMC
Fabric: 28 ct. evenweave
I also sent dear Sandy two LHN Scripture Threadpacks off her wishlist and attached a wee notecard that said if she stitched 'em, I would finish 'em for her in anyway that she wanted them finished - free of charge, because Sandy insists she's "finishing challenged". A very Happy Birthday to you Sandy! I do so hope you liked my present to you in celebration of your birthday!
Finally I'd like to close with a quick thanks to all my visitors! Thank you for visiting. Your comments and visits make me smile and make me want to stitch more and more! I appreciate your time taken to leave me a kind word or two! Thank you!

Also I'd like to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the terrible tragedy in Minnesota. May we all bow our heads and give a few seconds of thoughtful prayer to all the families left to suffer the loss of their loved ones.

Lastly, there are quite a few people and families that need prayers for their health and those of their loved ones. Know that I and my family daily offer prayers for all those affected by cancer, disease and health problems. When we know particular names, your names are added to our prayers. Keep on fighting the good fight and know that prayers are said daily for you.
Until the next time....keep on fighting the good fight! Hugs and best wishes....

35 comments:

  1. What gorgeous birthday gifts! You're very talented at finishing. The front porch is also lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love my box so much! Thanks again Vonna {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Victorian porch! What a great idea Vonna. The birthday gift for Carol is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful! You're definitely the Queen of Boxes and Tins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The front porch looks lovely and very inviting, just makes you want to sit down with a glass of iced tea. Love the covered tin, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching and even lovelier finishings. So much care has gone to your finishings, it speaks volumes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching! The front porch looks very inviting, and I'm sure it will be a welcome addition to your friend's RR.

    The gifts you have made are lovely, and the Asters design reminds me I want to stitch the Prairie Flowers. I have always thought these are so pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that very inviting front porch. Great stitching on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my, Vonna, Honey! Your finishing skills continue to amaze me! Carol and Sandy's gifts are gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous... I know they will treasure them always! :-)

    And I love, love, love your Victorian B & B front porch for Margaret's NRR!!! What a totally cool idea and what an inviting place to sit and stitch and chat the afternoon away! You go, Girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful presents you made !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The gifts are so pretty! I love that Carol is using your box to house her scissors! You are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always do an amazing job finishing all your pieces. You put me to such shame. I'm finishing challanged too. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an great gift offering to finish a project! Especially from you, queen of the most beautiful finishes!! I would take her up on her offer if I were you, Sandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "...a little walmart shopping, per chance?!"
    You guessed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful gifts you've made. Love the tin and the box. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly have been busy, busy, busy stitching beautiful, beautiful, beautiful items...such a talent, such a pro! :-D

    Dripping in VT (Yikes it is way too hot up here)!
    To beat the heat I am planning a 3 hour car trip (tomorrow) to Center Harbor, NH "The Stitchery/Keepskae Quilting"~ Want anything??? :-}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vonna,

    All the stitching and finishing you've been doing are beautiful! I hope life is treating you well. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Vonna! You've outdone yourself with these birthday goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Vonna dear, these are all such beautiful finishes and gifts for your friends. Well done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything you do is wonderful! I hope my stitching is up to snuff when you get your square! I finally totally decided on the design! Hope you like!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  21. That box is very lovely! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the boxes! Wonderful keepsakes! That RR is beautiful! Love that it a porch instead of the entire house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your finishing is as ever wonderful! I love the box and the tin you made as gifts. You are a kind friend.
    The RR square is lovely, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful projects, and your finishing on each is wonderful. I'm constantly amazed at the different ways that you find to finish off your work.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vonna, you are a sweetie! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love your beautiful projects and they are so amazing! You are very creative and such a gifted stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What great gifts! I bet they were really appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. the block you stitched for the NRR is beautiful...I love ow you signed it :)
    Lovely birthday gift you made for Carol and Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you again Vonna, I love my tin and my threadpacks and I do plan to take you up on that offer. :D Trust me I am finishing challenged, I've really tried, I can't sew for anything, except stitching. I can make a mean scrapbook though. LOL Great box for Carol, it's so pretty too. All your finishes are beautiful, you do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How amazing! They're all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful presents and great RR!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Vonna, You make me want to hang up my needles forever! All that you do is just beautiful and I'm in awe!! What a dear friend you are and so dedicated to those you stitch for. You're just amazing. God bless you!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  32. 'Stitched for Margaret' she wrote - oh, too bad, it's a different Margaret.(lol) Your Victorian porch is beautiful Vonna and will make such a wonderful addition to her RR. I love the way you added your name to this piece - looks like a blanket or quilt hanging there. Perfect!!
    Your birthday gifts are gorgeous as well and I'm sure you have made some ladies very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful birthday gifts, WOW, what else can I say :) Your blog is truely a source of inspiration for me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous3:32 AM

    So nice. I got beautiful birthday gifts from CouponAlbum site also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher