Sunday, July 08, 2007

Many Thank You's

Well I have many, many thank you's I need to shout out...so I'll get right to it :) First off:
Dear Jenn made me this lovely wee needle book. Isn't it darling? Here's the front with my initial and a sweet flower :
And here is the inside:
Thank you so much Jenn...she must really know me, because I adore just about any kind of flower and the color yellow is one of my FAVORITES :) Jenn, you made my birthday special with your sincere kindness and friendship! THANKS!
Next up: Ranae and I share the same birthday :) She's the first person I knew that shared July 5th as a birthday besides *Huey Lewis* of Huey Lewis and the News, and I really don't know him....I just had a huge crush on him when I was a teenager! LOL! Anyway....Ranae was the only *regular* person I knew that shared my birthday (since then I've found out that Sharon of Sharon's Cross Stitch Obsession...well her Mom's birthday on July 5 AND my new boss has July 5th as a birthday...wow to think I went 37 years without sharing my birthday...now the whole world wants in on it! LOL!) Well so when Ranae had commented a few weeks ago that her birthday was July 5 too, we swapped addresses to send each other birthday cards. This is what dear Ranae sent me...much more than a birthday card! First she made me this lovely tuck ornament for my kitchen which is decorated in Hen/Chicks/Roosters (also in yellow!):

And then all this loot! I got a beautiful Chatelaine chart, M designs dragonfly needleroll, three skeins of hand dyed floss, some cute wooden scrapbook sayings and the sweetest card! Thank you Ranae :) I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I love every single thing that you sent me! Thanks so, so much :)

Up next: A few months ago I happened across the most super stitching blog called A Stitcher's Finish Line. What drew me in was #1 she has stitched A LOT of LHN and CCN designs #2 They all looked so delicate, I wondered what she was using to get them to look that way - so I e-mailed her. Come to find out Susan (as I found out) stitches most of her things 1 over 1. After exchanging e-mails I decided to try it out myself. Since then I've found a love for stitching 1 over 1 and I've made a new friend to boot! Imagine my surprise when I walked in yesterday afternoon from a *hellish* day of work to find this:

Susan sent me LHN's new design Garden Pleasures with all the DMC's to stitch it, a huge bunch of fabrics in the SCRUMMIEST colors and prints and the wee two sheep project there that when I opened it, I found was this:

OUTSIDE FRONT

BACK SIDE
(love that sheep fabric!)

A Stitcher's Wallet a place for my scissors and needles all wrapped up with my favorite freebie design from LHN!!!
THANK YOU SUSAN!!!!! What can I say?! The card that was inclosed with this bounty of generosity said: "Vonna - Thank you for being so kind with me. Happy Birthday too!"
I don't know what I do to inspire such outpouring of generosity and friendship, but it brings me to my knees and fires a little fire in my heart to know that there are people out there that care for me! And not just by sending me gifts...I'm beginning to be embarassed :) I had LOTS of well wishes and e-cards sent to me for my birthday! How surprised was I to see this! That people took the time out of their day and routine to sit down and send me a note or card to wish me well on my birthday! Annemarie, Dawn, Michelle, Su, Julie, Harmien, Cathy B., there are people I'm missing I know and I don't mean to slight any of you! Plus all the many, many comments people have left to wish me well. All I can say is that your friendship and greatness humbles me. Thank you!
Finally I'd like to leave you with something from my own humble hands. I sure do hope this is clickable because my picture "fixing" is less than desirable. Anyway, I saw on the SBEBB board that Chris finally received my Summer Quaker. I was sweating this one as I mailed it early on June 25th. WHEW! All was received thankfully. So here it is:

Summer Quaker (motifs taken from Beatrix Potter's Quaker Sampler)
Stitched in a varigated Anchor color that I can't remember...sorry!
Finished as a pinkeep with fru-fru ribbon
I sure do hope Chris likes it. I started a Quaker for her 3 different times.....threw the first 2 attempts away and finally stuck with this one. I think it turned out ok.
Ok, until next time...hard telling when that will be as I have LOADS of stitching to do, nothing that can be shown yet. Big hugs, lots of love and I wish you all the best! Thanks for visiting and come again soon! :)







40 comments:

  1. You touch the lives of so many people and deserve only the very best. What beautiful gifts you have received for you birthday and to think that is not the end ;-).
    Your summer quaker is really gorgeous. Did you use a particular type of ribbon for the edge?
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been lucky! What beautiful gifts. Sooooo many pretty things.

    Summer Quaker is a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your birthday presents. You have really been able to celebrate for several days. Have fun getting your stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what gorgeous birthday presents, they are all so lovely. Your Quaker finish was beautiful as well. I'm glad you had such a special birthday. Enjoy all your goodies,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely items!! I esp like that sheep fabric- how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some lovely gifts Vonna. I'm glad you liked the needle book. I had fun making it for you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vonna - you have had a very wonderful birthday from your loving friends! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all of your lovely gifts, you certainly deserve a little spoiling :) Cute pinkeep too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some lovely goodies Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, that stitcher's wallet is just gorgeous!! What wonderful gifts all!! Jenn's needlebook looks so dainty. And what about your pinkeep... stunning colour and it looks so cute! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you got spoiled! :) Love the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gifts - for a beautiful person! I especially love the sheep from Susan - what a gem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good Birthday and found so many people to share it with. I found one other stitcher whom shares my birthday.It's exciting to know some that shares this day.Wounderfull stash you got.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How much better could a birthday be? You have received some beautiful gifts! Love the pinkeep you made too! Enjoy your stitching.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You certainly received some beautiful gifts, Vonna and they are all most assuredly deserved by you! Your kindness and sincerity always comes through in all your blog postings and comments that you leave behind. I'm sorry I am only belatedly wished you a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you liked your little gifts. You are such a sweetie and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely gifts you have received from such lovely friends! Great job on the quaker pinkeep by the way

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful gifts you've received and I'm sure you're very deserving of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all, Happy Belated Birthday, Vonna!!

    All your gifts look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a bunch of lovely gifts! I can't wait to see you start some of your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know, you were one of the first people who blogged on my blog, and you always make my day! I am happy that so many think highly of you. You are a wonderful person that I am honoured to call my friend. Sorry so mushy. Stitching over one is hard but worth the effort!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. You certainly deserve every sweet gift and more. :) A happy birthday indeed! Your summer quaker turned out really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Summer Quaker is lovely - I just love that ribbon its so girly.
    I'm really glad you have had such a lovely birthday.
    ((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! I'm sure you deserve each and every one of those gifts!

    Lovely exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy belated birthday!

    What wonderful gifts you've received from friends far and wide.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such friendship could only be well deserved, Vonna. And your summer quaker is very beautiful.
    Take care, Lili

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Fabulous birthday gifts..they all are lovely!! The quaker pinkeep you made for the exchange is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooh how wonderful you have got so many beautiful and gorgeous gifts for your Birthday, you really do deserve them all!! If I have not wished you a Happy Birthday well...I do now with all the very best wishes for your next year.

    I'm sorry I am so late in visiting you lately, my life has been so busy to fit everything in but I have not forgotten you and others I have yet to catch up with. Also... thank-you for not being moody about me not fitting a visit in and still commenting to me, that means alot :))
    Amy is slooooooooowwwwwwwlllllyyyyy working on her exchange piece to Katie, I wish she would hurry up with it but she is enjoying herself . Her holidays start soon so I'm not too worried (yet) about her getting it done in time.
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such bounty of gifts! And as always lovely stitching on Summer Quaker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful gifts for a wonderful woman. Vonna, you touch so many lives with your heartfelt posts, comments and gifts that you deserve nothing but goodness on your birthday.
    A belated Happy Birthday and wishing you much joy and happiness in the coming year.
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy belated birthday to such a sweetheart! I hope you had a great day and I wish you lots of love, laughter and happiness in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Vonna Beautiful gifts for a beautiful person. You deserve it all. I hope that you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What super sweet gifts! Love them all - you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What beautiful gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vonna, you are such a friendly stitcher and you truly deserve all this spoiling! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow what a lot of lovely gifties. Beautiful jobs on them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Waaaa, I missed your birthday!! But I see that you have celebrated in awesome style with gifts from friends far and near - but all dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. GREAT birthday presents! You deserve them all sweetheart, so enjoy them! :)

    The Quaker you did is really beautiful, I love the thread color you used. I think I have it in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi there Vonna, I just discovered your blog and was reading back while I discovered we share our birthday... I was 35 on last July 5! It must be a good day for us crossstitchers!!! I invite you to my blog willekesweblog.blogspot.com (which I promise to write in English very very soon!), I am really enjoying yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher