Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Critters and Such


Look at this scrumptious, delicate needleroll that I received for the Lil' Critters Exchange on the SBEBB!!! AND guess who stitched it for me? Why....dear Carol!!! Isn't it just gorgeous?! I had requested Sheep! You know it is funny...but Carol put sheep on my fob and I thought...how wonderful that she knew I liked them! Then I thought...had I mentioned to Carol that I liked sheep?! Now I know how she knew! LOL! Sneaky you Carol! Little Flock Needleroll ~ Shepherd's Bush ~ Freebie Pattern circa 1991
Threads: DMC
Fabric: French Creme Linen
Stitched by: Carol

Goodies from Dear Carol

Thanks Carol, I love the needleroll and the extras were just cream on the milk! :) I love it all!

I'm on autoship with Down Sunshine Lane for the Country Cottage Needleworks Thread Packs and the Praiseworthy Stitches Threadpacks...so a bit of stashing was done this month! You can also see there AMAP's Stitcher...YEEHAW! I've been wanting this one for quite awhile and dear AmySC made it possible for me to get it with a sweet gift certificate for my birthday! Thanks again Amy!!! These thread packs are really gorgeous! And I love that you get 5 skeins of Crescent Colours in every pack! It's a really great way to stash and I think it's economical too :) But you better ask my DH on his idea of economical...he'd say stashing is NOT economical! LOL!

Finally I received this in the mail from dear Donna she sent me a belated birthday giftie :) The summer whimzi and a sweet English schoolgirl sampler. Thanks Donna, you really shouldn't have!


Ok, that's all for me today! Thanks for all the sweet comments on my tutorial. Your visits mean a lot to me. Also just quick post on Fair and Square Friendship Squares Exchange ~ I'm moderating this board and it has had a successful first round. Please go on over and give it a gander. There has been some STUNNING squares exchanged. If your interested in joining take a look at the rules posted on the sidebar and then give me an e-mail! I'd love to have anyone that would like to join get in on the fun! The blog is located HERE

Thanks again, for your visits, your friendship and your comments all is appreciated! They all make me smile! Until Next Time....


30 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous exchange package Carol made up for you, the needleroll with the sheep is so cute. Lovely stash as well. The new Violets one by CCN is so pretty I'll enjoy watching you stitch it.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the whimzie, sorry it wasn't something handmade. Maybe later.....
    How's Katie girl doing on her stitching? My niece's birthday is soon, I've got her stitching goodies for her birthday too.
    Great job on Fair & Square! Can't wait to get my new partner!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute needleroll..the sheeps are adorable :)
    And nice stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the NR from Carol :) Enjoy it along with all your other goodies.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what sweet sheep! Thanks for the tutorial. It is nice to have different ways to finish things and this one is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful exchange piece you got from Carol. Those sheep are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You caught me! Yes, that is how I knew you like sheep (that plus you do stitch a few LHN sheep here and there). So glad you like it, as it was so fun to stitch it for you!!! I am starting to like the Praiseworthy Stitches/CC packs too. I ordered the new Violet one from Mary Kathryn a few days ago, and I do hope it comes soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the LHN/CC thread packs too - they're a great way to collect the threads.

    Nice stash and a pretty NR from Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous exchange Vonna and you've got some lovely stash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gifts! What sweet friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the needleroll from Carol - very sweet little sheep! And some very fine new stash you have too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful needleroll!! I bet you were just thrilled and your new stash birthday gifts are really great too!! I am excited about your tutorial because finishing these things is my biggest weakness and I will now know where to go and see how to do some of those! Your folding easle is just awesome!! Debby :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice gifts and goodies you've received. Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the needleroll. Nice stash you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The needleroll is so cute! Great stash too. I agree that those chartpacks are a great way to increase your thread stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some lovely stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love that needleroll! Beautiful!

    And NICE stash! Wooot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous exchange piece, and great stash additions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Vonna! Carols needleroll is beautiful and I love all your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful needleroll! Carol does such fantastic work. Great stash-I just picked up summer feast myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful NR from Carol on this exchange, I love it :)
    Nice stash and gifts too!
    Enjoy your weekend and Amy asked me to say hello to Katie for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fantastic stash and pressies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna -
    All your recent exchanges both given and received have been amazing. Their is such talent out there.

    Thank you so much for you kind and heartfelt words on my blog. This has been such a challenging time and the support of friends like you has helped so much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, lovely needleroll!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely gifts you received, Vonna! And, love the new stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just catching up on your blog after my week away..great stitchy gifts and stash in the last week. I'll have to take a look at your tutorial too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely, lovely goodies! And your DH is SOOOOO wrong--stashing IS economical!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That needleroll is so cute! Your new stash looks like a lot of fun.

    Happy belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are one spoiled stitcher, Vonna!!

    Enjoy all your new goodies. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher