Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Birthday Goodness Continues....

Getting tired of seeing all my generous friends' presents? Well I'm going to have to bore you some more :) First up: Here's the lovely package from my dear friend Carol I just started posting to Carol's blog late last summer because the sheer amount of stitching that Carol does is amazing and she does such LARGE projects too! And now she's such an amazing fob maker that I always envied all the varied people (!) that get birthday fobs for the sweet Carol. Well Carol certainly made me a fob and here it is: Petit Moments Choisis....she stitche it in Ruby Red (July's birth stone!!).....and she told me that all the little motifs on there remind her of me (HOW SWEET!!) There is flowers because I have my flower gardens around my home, a wee little house for the Neighborhood RR that we are in together and a wee little sheep, because I stitch a lot of them! (and I love them....ever heard the saying "Ewe's not fat, Ewe's fluffy!" ?) It is a gorgeous wee fob and here's the back:

With a flower and our initials and one of Carol's little charms added to the ribbon cording that says "Handmade with love" :)
Now imagine my surprise when I originally opened the package and saw this:
GINGHERS!!!!!!!!! WOOT! Dear Carol sent me Maria's can you hear the angels singing?! Because my face must of went through about 10 emotions in 10 miliseconds! First disbelief, then wonder, awe, misting eyes because she KNEW I wanted them, gratitude, happiness and finally JUBILATION! What can I say Carol?! You are the most sincere, kind, generous, big hearted person...and I can't say "that I know" because I find that everyone in this stitching community is this way....but you are a Rose among the clover! Thank you so much my friend. You made my day and my birthday special!
Next up: Cathy C. was partnered with me for the Robin's Nest Birthday Exchange. And this is the glorious gift that she made for me:


Stitcher's pocket with my initials "VMP" in the most lovely green/blue thread...LOVE IT! When you open it this is the inside:

And then she sent a delicious pair of stork scissor a green/blue color with a matching fob to go inside my pocket!:

And here is the whole kit and kaboodle. I've wanted this Elizabeth's Designs pattern for a long time called Dear Friend....I can see me stitching this A LOT!, plus all the threads needed to stitch it! I didn't know Cathy C. at all and I've found her to be a warm, caring friend. I'm ever so glad I got to know you Cathy! Thank you for a lovely exchange and birthday gift. You've made my birthday very special and I shall always think of you when I use my wonderful pocket!
Now last but not least....I've become fast friends with dear Sandy. I just happened along her blog one day and I stuck :) I find Sandy to be a gem among gems. She's always smiling so happily in all her pictures she posts on the blog. She's beautiful too inside and out! She sent me the sweetest gift in celebration of my birthday and here it is:

Oh, I'm thrilled about this one...She sent me the Counting House by LHN, I've been wanting this one for a long time and I'm always buying stuff instead of it...but dear Sandy sent it to me with a peice of fabric to stitch it on and a hank of Silkweavers Opalescent Antique White Linen to boot! Dearest Sandy, your generosity and spirit touch my heart. I know that we've never met, and maybe never will, but you I am lucky to call friend. Thank you for remembering my birthday and sending me this special package!
Ok, that's all I've got to share today. As if that's not enough....right?! I'm almost embarassed by all this spoiling! I'm not used to having such generous friends around me! Thanks to everyone that comes and visits my blog, your comments and well wishes do not fall on deaf ears. I don't have a large circle of friends that live here by me, so knowing that I've got a circle of dear friends here on cyberspace makes me smile ear to ear. Thank you for everything you do, your words of wisdom, happiness and cheer makes my day. Oh, some have asked when my birthday is....well it's July 5....but we've always celebrated it on the 4th for some reason - I think because of course everyone is already together on the 4th. If we're talking about when I was born, my Mom would say it should have been July 3, for she was in labor July 3 and 4 all day, and finally at 5 a.m. on July 5th they rolled her in the OR to do a C-section, not knowing how I was at the time. So thank heavens I was fine :) My shoulders were to big to get out!
Today we're making a new flower bed! Pictures posted as soon as it's finished :) and this evening I'm having a couple of neighbors over for a small birthday supper / celebration. Should be a SWEET day :) Thanks again to my visitors and the three lovely ladies that are featured in this post! All of my friendships cemented over the internet makes me happy!
Happy Independence Day to my American friends! I hope the Yankee Doodle is tooting his horn during your day today!

42 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Vonna! You've received some lovely gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday Sweet Vonna!!! And what lovely birthday gifties for such a deserving sweet and thoughtful friend...

    Carol's fob is gorgeous and those Gingher's are beautiful... What a lovely and thoughful giftie... ;-)

    Love the stitcher's envelope and fob and scissors from Cathy... they are so beautiful! More scissors... Oh, Joy, Rapture! And the envelope will be perfect for the scissors and fob... and lots of other stitching goodies!

    And Sandy's gift is so thoughtful and Sweet... love that LHN and it's perfect for you! She is an Angel is she not?

    Happy 4th of July, Hun and sending you lots of love... Hope your birthday's filled with loving memories and lots more stitching gifties and stash! :-)

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A grand day :) Happy that you're happy! Wonderful gifts...all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! You birthday gifts are just wonderful. Congrats! Have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful gifts you recieved. If you find the Gingher's missing know I have them. What a funky pair of scissors! I just love them!! Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You have received such beautiful gifts - you must have some very special friends. Don't you love to receive stitched gifts?

    Enjoy everything!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful gifts. Have a Happy 4th & A Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! What lovely gifts you received. Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray, Vonna! What wonderful birthday goodness!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vonna, you deserve all of this and so much more!!! Happy Birthday (tomorrow)!! Happy Fourth (today)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you like it, Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful gifts. :)
    Have a great birthday Vonna.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a birthday!! Isn't it nice to be able to spread the celebration over several days. Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful presents to receive, they are all gorgeous. You've received such beautiful surprises from them all, and with the new stash in them you'll have a grand time using it all in your new projects.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. you recieved wonderful gifts for your birthday !
    And we are never bored watching stitching goodies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are all beautiful!!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful gifties! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Vonna, my friend, it is ALMOST your birthday!! Happy almost birthday!! You have received so many wonderful and delightful gifts and you certainly do deserve them. Gorgeous, thoughtful, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! How lucky you are to have such wonderful stitching friends. The gifts are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday, Vonna! How sweet all these lovely presents! I'm sure they're well deserved!
    Take care, Lili

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful thoughtful gifts from your friends! You deserve them! Happy Birthday Vonna, have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Like you know I'm gonna let you get by without a birthday pressie! Just wait!
    This is always such fun for me!
    Donna
    Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Happy Birthday Vonna! What lovely gifts .. I'm sure you'll tresure them always! One can't have too many scissors or fobs *grin*

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday, Vonna - your gifts are all beautiful! I'm sure you'll treasure them as I'm sure the givers take pleasure in your delight.

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VONNA!!! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Vonna! Glad you got so many great gifties!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday! You deserve all the lovely gifts. Thanks for being such a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy, happy birthday Vonna! Your blog is wonderful and I enjoy reading it :) You've received great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday Vonna. Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday Vonna! Hope it has been filled with lots of love & all of your fav things!!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy birthday, Vonna! Enjoy the fireworks and gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday : ) Lovely gifts!! Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Vonna, we are enjoying all this lovely eye candy you keep posting. Gorgeous gifts from very generous and loving friends. Enjoy! I know that your birthday will forever stick in my mind as you and my Mom share the same birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated birthday Vonna! You got some wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Woa! Vonna!! You just had "Christmas in July," I think...:p
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have received some fantastic gifts! I hope you had a happy birthday. I have started your RR and will post a pic when we get back from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy Birthday Vonna. We share the same week...mine is the 8th. I'm enjoying seeing all your nice little surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Many sincere belated wishes on your birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Vonna! We're 'friends' with a few of the same ladies, here in blogland, I think.........so I thought I'd stop by and say 'HI! lol

    Wishing you a very happy (belated?) bithday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love all your goodies and so glad you had a Happy Birthday. I'm glad you liked what I sent you. I love seeing all you photos and what everyone sends, there are some very talented stitchers in the cross stitching world. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Happy Belated Birthday Vonna - what a fantastic stash of pressies - perfect pressies for a stitcher!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher