Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Birthday Gift from dear Harmien :)

Hello All! The early birthday goodness continues! Look at what I received yesterday in the mail from my dear friend Harmien! Lovely isn't it?!




Little House Needleworks - Nature's Beauty
Finished as: Basket


When my dear friend the Postman came yesterday we all were outside playing, the kids actually playing and I *trying* to stitch :) Well the dear man pulled up to our curb but didn't go to the mailbox. That is my first clue that there must be something that won't fit in my mailbox, for I know he wasn't coming to sit and chat! Well he pulled out the package and handed to my eagerly waiting children, thrusting their hands in his face....we thanked him and he drove off....then I snatched the package out of my daughter's hands and went at it, for I recognized the handwriting!
Boy Harmien sure knows how to come through, yes?! This had to have taken Harmien a LOT of time not only to stitch this, but to do the exquisite finishing AND see the wee green square card? She stitched a flower from the design for it! WOW! And gave me the sweetest little notepad to boot! Words cannot describe how astounded I am to know that she stitched this way back in early spring, just for me and my birthday :) What a wonderful person you are Harmien, and when it comes to friendship, she wrote the book!
I love everything about it, as I know Harmien *knew* I would. Not only did she pick my favorite designer, BUT she picked a lovely finish. I have it in my foyer for all to gaze upon it's loveliness! I stood and stared at it for a LONG time myself! (and twisted it round and round to see how she finished it!) Oh, and you will see that dear Harmien had a hard time parting with this lovely...well I can imagine...but I want you to know Harmien, when I finished the Muscat Blue Sewing set...I had one devil of a time as well, but it did say "from VP to HR" so the deed was done! LOL!

Thank you Harmien, how can I thank you enough? Not only does your friendship hold a special place in my heart but I have this treasured goody to ever remind me of you! Thank you!!!
Until next time....

42 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! Well done Harmien, and lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I seen this on Harmien's blog earlier. Amazing finishing! What an incredible gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very pretty! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a most wonderful gesture from Harmien! A really well-thought gift for an equally wonderful person! :D

    And before I forget "Happy Birthday!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was admiring this on Harmien's blog this morning. It's beautiful and I'm sure you will treasure it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift! You have a very thoughtful and talented friend.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning gift from Harmien - she is so creative with her finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is absolutely stunning!
    Happy belated birthday honey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful treasure!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vonna,
    I got a new computer and managed to lose your email and addy all in one, lol. Could you email me. I wanted to send your package out today or thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  12. It´s absolutely ashtonishing piece of work !!! You are such a lucky girl, congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's stunning! I wouldn't be able to help from stare at it too :-).

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful gift from Harmien!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this on Harmiens blog earlier and I thought that it was a really lovely gift to send to a really lovely person. I think its gorgeous - I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it, either. Harmien really pulled out all the stops on this one - it's incredible! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous gift! You've received some lovely ones! Happiest of birthdays to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awsume gift & I love the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's beautiful, what a gorgeous gift, and the way she finished is so creative too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an awesome gift and fantastic finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, it is lovely! I saw it on her blog and so enjoyed looking at it! I've made those baskets before just never thought about adding a stitched piece .. what a grand idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous and very thoughtful gift, Vonna!! OMGosh, that was such a sweet thing for her to make for you. But, of course, you are a really special person, too.
    Happy birthday!
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna, I am so pleased that you like my gift! And I can only echo the sentiments from the others before me, it was made with love for a really lovely person!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A stunning gift Harmien! Happy Birthday Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is amazing! I LOVE it! How sweet of her to make that for you, you deserve it girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vonna, when is your birthday? I don't want to miss it! I love what Harmien made!
    Email me ASAP!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful birthday gift Harmien has made for you. Love the design, love the finish, just.... LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow------!!What a beautiful gift!! congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous! Harmien did a beautiful job on something so perfectly suited to you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whoa! Aren't you a lucky gal! Beautiful, beautiful work form Harmien! You must be tickled pink!

    PS...happy birthday....when was it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vonna, you must have been a very good girl this year! Wow, this is an amazing piece of stitching and finishing. What a special friend.
    And you are 29, right?? Happy Birthday!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I love seeing your birthday presents. I love this LHN design as well and the gifts from Becky are wonderful. I can tell you are
    going to have a great birthday..
    Have a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful gift!! Harmien did a wonderful job on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What Harmien made is just stunning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow...it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Birthday Girl. What a beautiful gift.
    The lighthouses are from a series of 1997 Stony Creek magazines. Please email me if you want any further info.

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow! you have sure gotten some wonderful birthday goodies in the mail!! This is incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your gift from Harmien, how beautifully she has made it for you :) Now you both have wonderful gifts to remind each other of each other :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. beautiful, beautiful! I would call this a "valet." Maybe a "ribbon valet." Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is just awesome! Harmien did a wonderful finishing job and you are one lucky lady. :D I'm sure you'll display this proudly. Congrats to you, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, just Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher