Sunday, June 24, 2007

USEBB Specific Finish Exchange for Cathy B!

Hello people! I'm still alive and I thank you for all the many people that have e-mailed to see if I was still thumping!! LOL! I've just been very busy trying to keep 4 active children entertained for the summer :) Plus I've been diligently stitching on my exchanges, which there are quite a few of! I can't seem to stop myself from signing up for them....it's a sickness!!

On the USEBB I signed up for the summer specific finish. The specific finish for this round was a biscornu....one of my favorites! Although I've finished a lot of projects in this fashion, I've never finished one for myself....LOL! After doing this project however, I can definitely see one of these in my future and sitting in the corner of my smalls cabinet! Now just to find the time to stitch it for myself! Without further ado, here it is:

Manuella's Sunflowers
by Martina Weber
Fabric: 28 ct. Silkweaver Opalescent evenweave - Spring Garden
Beads: Mill Hill Gold and Lemon (I added the lemon around the edge when finishing)
Fibers: DMC/Krenik as charted
I was mightily pleased how this turned out. I think it is lovely and hope that Cathy B. thinks the same :) On the back of the biscornu I stitched our initials and added a Sunflower button, the "button" on the front is just the Mill Hill beads that were charted for the design, I just went through them and drew them together to go down and capture the sunflower button. I was so happy to stitch this for dear Cathy, as she's stitched two times for me, but I've never stitched for her. I was greatly pleased to do so! I also sent her some goodies, LHN's Sampler Lady from her wishlist, some altoids (with the idea of she could eat the candies and finish the tin) and some other things that escape me at this time....I'm getting old. . . . but I'm sure if you hop on over to Cathy's blog here she'll have it posted. Thank you Cathy for being the great, sweet, dear person you are and I hope you enjoy your biscornu!
What have I been stitching? Well I've started My Hometown by Carriage House Samplings and am in a very "loose" SAL with Red's Thread, Joanie and Chelle. Thank heavens these ladies are forgiving...as I've been a poor SAL partner and wasn't even going to start until dear Sue talked me into it. My start is rather shabby, I've only just a few stitches in....but it is a start and someday when I have some more done, I'll post it. I'm using the DMC on My Hometown and stitching it on 40 ct. linen...the color escapes me, but it is a beautiful butternut brown color. (YES, Harmien 40ct.!!!)
I've not touched Inspiration by RM, since the last time I updated two weeks ago....two many exchanges, too many gifts, so little time....but I'm LOVING the way it is turning out and am vowing I WILL get to it this Friday come hell or highwater!
I did finish my Fair Square friendship square exchange and sent it off to my lovely parnter Marie P. of Creative Thread, she should be receiving it soon, so I'll have another post soon. If anyone is interested in participating in the next round of Fair Squares, which I and the good Annemarie are hosting you can go Here to read all about it. The rules are posted on the side bar links and there are many ladies that have already successfully sent their squares and their beautiful works are posted for you to browse. We have a super bunch of stitchers. And the nice thing about this is that the squares are only to be 50 x 50 stitches and unfinished so it's relatively easy to bang out a square in 6 weeks time and send it to your partners. Round #2 will start mid-July.
I've got loads more to stitch on...my Hello Neighbor! RR...which I chose a huge design to stitch for the next person....YIKES..... there seems to be a lot of my friends with summer birthdays coming up too.....so......that's my life in a nutshell.
I'd like to personally thank Julie, Becky, Chelle and Donna for sending a package in the mail to my daughter Katie. She was thrilled with each and every package sent to her and it is fun to see her look through all her goodies and say, "I want to do this one next and then this one and well maybe this one and ...." LOL! You've made her into a stashaholic girls!!! Way to go!! :0) And I'd like to thank all of the many, many people that have welcomed Katie and visit her blog and leave her comments! She's had a load of them for sure and I heard her telling her best friend the other day that she's had people from all over the world leave comments on her blog! I truly appreciate the warmth you've shown her and myself here in our blogging community!
Ok, I know you've not heard from me for a long time and this is a LOOOONG post and most of you, if you're still reading, are saying, "Ok enough already blabber mouth!" I do have a tendancy to foam at the keyboard. So that's it for me right now. I appreciate you all, thank you for your visit, I love the comments and they keep me stitching! Have a great upcoming week! And may you all find something in your life that brings you joy, even if it is a bird sweetly singing in a tree :) It's the little things in life that make it worthwhile. Big Hugs to you all {{{BIG HUGS}}!!! Until next time....

39 comments:

  1. I love your sunflower! It's perfect. Glad that Katie liked her goodies. We got to start her off right! Can't wait for the next round. I've yet to stitch on 40 ct. So glad to hear from you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Vonna... the sunflower biscornu is stunningly beautiful!!! Lovely stitching as always, Hun! And I love your photos! :-)

    Sounds like you are having a busy Summer with the kids and stitching... :-)

    Thanks for your sweet thoughts and wishes, Hun! Like your sunflower they brighten my days! :-)

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the biscornu! Awesome:) I completely understand about trying to keep kids occupied...that is a full time job itself!

    I have been the SBEBB since it opened (2005, I think) however this past year I haven't been able to participate in many exchanges due to moving and FIL being ill. Things have finally calmed down somewhat so I am planning on doing more now:)

    Psst...Congrats to you, I will be sending you a gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonna, the biscornu really is great! I love it. BTW, I really love the lady with the umbrella on your blog, she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful biscornu!! How on earth do you find time to do everything you do?! You must be super woman ;) Thanks again for the email yesterday, much appreciated (oh and you can definitely sign me up for round 2 of Fair and square)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, the biscornu is wonderful. Congratulations on a beautiful finish.
    As for exchanges, I think you should blame Becky, she's a bad influence on many of us!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, pretty biscornu! I actually have that one lined up for a special project that is coming up very, very soon - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The biscornu you made for Cathy is gorgeous - I'm sure she's thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "foam at the keyboard" - lol, Vonna, only you would say something that cute! Your sunflower biscornu is perfect, so pretty! I'm happy that Katie is having such a fun time in blogland and with stitching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous, Vonna :) Congratulations!!
    Have a nice week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your biscornu is so pretty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, Vonna. You did a beautiful job with that biscornu! Well done. :) I'm sure Cathy adores it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful biscornu - the beading really finishes it with style. Very creative photography too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice to here from you Vonna! I like your cheerfulness and you're so funny!

    Nice biscornu, and lovely colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The colors you chose really make this one POP! It's lovely, as is your photography! I may have to add this one to my to-do list . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty design! One of these days, I'll get it together enough to make a biscornu...I've been eyeing the Chatelaine flower freebies as potential designs to use.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the biscornu!! I'm still not brave enough to attempt one just yet, but I'm sure I'll get there one day! *grin*

    eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd like to know how you get so much stitching done while keeping all those children busy this summer! Lol!

    Your design choice for the biscornu is ideal - so very summery . . . love the beads!

    Thanks too for the birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vonna, it's so great to hear from you!

    I just love what you've done with Manuala's sunflower ... it's stunning and I'm sure Cathy agrees.

    Sounds like life has been rich and rewarding over in your corner of the world. Glad to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful biscornu. sounds like you have been very busy. You will just have to make a little time to stitch one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the sunflower!!! So pretty and the button to accent - how perfect. It's wonderful your daughter is enjoying cross stitch. When my mom had her needlework shop, I taught kids to cross stitch and it was such fun to see them get hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful, and the finishing is so clever!

    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna, your sunflower biscornu is really beautiful! Those small Chatelaine designs are gorgeous finished like that. Glad to hear Katie's enjoying her blogging and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that biscornu!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the biscornu and glad to read your update Vonna. I have a coworker who loves sunflowers - I must find this pattern and stitch up this one for her (and one for me of course) :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a happy biscornu - I always think Sunflowers are such happy flowers. Its a beautiful Biscornu Von - congrats on your finish,

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's a gorgeous biscornu Vonna, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great minds think alike! I stitched that same piece for my biscornu exchange on the FGBB. LOL! I love the color you chose to stitch it on, and I see that you went with the yellow beads instead of gold too. It looks beautiful! Congrats on a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love sunflowers and that one is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Wow! Your sunflower biscornu is incredible! You were so creative in adding the extra beads and the sunflower button on the bottom! Its great! I can imagine Cathy was excited to receive it. Did you enjoy finishing it? I thought it was so easy and I really enjoy doing them.
    I'm glad Kathy enjoyed her package from me and that she's enjoying stitching.
    I look forward to seeing your other pieces when you can share pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow! that's a gorgeous biscornu! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a great biscornu Vonna!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is a unick biscornu. I love it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow that is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It is so nice to see your update. I start wondering what happened to you. Lot of great pieces here and wonderful stitching and gifts. I love your biscornu and the button is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fine conclusion: I have read to the final word! lol!!! Give Katie a hug, and tell her I'm watching her blog! (not too much pressure though!).
    There's so much lovely stitching here... I'll be back.
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is a wonderful biscornu, congratulations! It was great to read your blog, I'm catching up with reading :) Everything looks wonderful as always. Now to visit your daughter's blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. That sunflower biscornu is incredible! Just lovely! Good for you for getting started on MHT. I haven't touched it for a few weeks. First the purse fob took my time, then I got hooked on Lady Violet. I'm planning to get back to MHT this weekend.

    I'm glad to know Katie's package arrived! Stitchin' girls must have stash. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your sunflower Bisconu is beautiful for Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher