Monday, June 04, 2007

Summer Quaker USEBB

Well I just saw that dear Marie received her Summer Quaker that I stitched for her! Here's the entire package that I sent :) excluding some scissors that Marie wanted from Hobby Lobby....I knew I was going to send her a package anyway...so I had to go along with the "sale" we were cooking up....knowing all along that I was just going to send them to her as part of her goodies for the exchange!



Summer Quaker Pinkeep
Stitched on Heather Blue 32 ct. linen using DMC B5200
Design: was a 1/2 motif from the Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler
(I stitched it as a whole motif)
The theme of the design was anything that made me think "summer"
I used blue linen and white thread because it made me think of blue skies and fluffy white clouds rolling across the skies on a summer day
*the fabric that the pinkeep is lying on is what I used as the backing



I enjoyed stitching this piece for Marie because I already own a Marie Special and I wanted to stitching something equally lovely as what she sent me. You see, I met Marie through the USEBB exchange board and I don't what happened or even what started it, but all of the sudden we started e-mailing each other and now we've become really good friends. Like Marie wrote to me just the other day...."I wished we lived closer"...well - me too Marie, me too....

I have another exchange that someone should be receiving really, really soon....so check back again...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments and visiting my little slice of cyberspace :) Until the next time, I wish nothing but sunshine and blue skies :)

33 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous exchange for Marie :) Just wonderful, Vonna :)
    Congratulations :)

    Sorry about the deleted post-I made a booboo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautemous!!!!!! :) I love that you thought to take a 1/2 motif and make it whole and I love the backing fabric. I'm sure Marie just loves it, and how sweet of you to put the scissors in for her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty pinkeep and fabulous exchange :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely exvhange Vonna! The pinkeep is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful pinkeep! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pinkeep turned out lovely, what a fun exchange package you put together.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pinkeep is so lovely. I'd never think of quaker in white. But it IS nice. Hmmm...you're giving me ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pinkeep and a great exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shape of this pinkeep! And it's such a pleasing color combination. Great job on the finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done, Vonna! I mean, really beautiful. :D Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never know how God will bring a dear friend into your heart and life! huggles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful, Vonna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice exchange and the pinkeep is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Vonna, what an excellent job you've done! Marie must be thrilled to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky Marie - that's a lovely exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely pinkeep. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome exchange. I love the pinkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely pinkeep! Don't feel bad about the square i stitched, i really don't mind! I'll probably be able to use it in another round! In all honesty i probably could use it for my partner but i have something in my stash that suits a lot better i think!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fabulous exchange package that you sent Marie!! I LOVE the pinkeep!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vonna, this is a beautiful piece. I love that you added your initials to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is one awesome exchange. beautiful pinkeep. Ranae

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love those colours and design is sooo beautiful ! Some people just feel closer than others, even through e-mail or Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's such a beauty, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was a great exchange Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its lovely Vonna. I love your stitching its so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a great job on the exchange, love the pinkeep and everything else too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's so beautiful! I bet Marie loved it!

    I'd love to join in with your Inspirations SAL, too! From a couple posts back, I see you got a ton more done than me this time. I'll have to stitch extra-quick this Friday to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did a wonderful job on Marie's exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh it is beautiful! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I bet your partner is delighted with this little beauty :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher