Saturday, June 02, 2007

RAK'D x 2 and a New Start to boot!

Hello People! Hope everyone is having the best of weekends! We've had a good day today here at home. It's 89 degrees here in good 'ol Indiana, and the kids were hot. So we went to the hardware store and bought a piece of plastic sheeting that was 8 foot x 25 foot, got out the water sprinkler and for 4 hours my kids had the time of their life on our "redneck" water slide :) Nothing beats good old ingenuity and at home fun! :) I had as much fun watching their antics as they did sliding on that plastic :) The neighbors were impressed too, because about 5 of them came over to inspect my invention :) LOL!

Up Next: Look as this lovely little rooster that I found in my mailbox this week! Dear Julianne (my 1000th commenter) made this for me as a thank you gift. Isn't it sweet?!


Hen Magnet made by Julianne
Julianne didn't know that my kitchen is done up with Roosters, hens, chicks and assorted eggs and baskets...so this little beauty was right at home on my refrigerator. Thank You so much Julianne! You didn't have to do this at all, but yet you did! Thank you for sweet generosity and graciousness! I love it!!!
Up Next: Imagine my surprise when I went to the mailbox yesterday to find a large parcel with my name on it from Louisianna! I knew I didn't have an exchange coming up...and I was flabbergasted when I opened up the parcel and found all this LOOT!
RAK from sweet Sandy :)
She got me all sorts of goodies: Petit Cazrnet d'Ouvrages, Livre II by With my Needle, Kelmscott thread rings, John James petites, chocolate dipped altoids, sweet smelling lotion and the cutest little bluebird needle minder and 3D magnet!
Not only was I surprised, but imagine how I felt when Sandy wrote in the accompanying card:
"You're such a giving person, so I wanted to "give" you somthing." I nearly cried...I don't give that much to people, but thanks Sandy for thinking so!! I loved each and every item that Sandy selected. Thank you Sandy from the bottom of my heart. You know it made me smile REALLY big! Thank YOU!
Finally, Julie and I started our SAL of Rosewood Manor's Inspiration piece last night. Each Friday we'll pull out Inspiration and be SALing across the miles :) Hello Julie this one is for you as it isn't that impressive of a start...BUT I'm almost done with the first of like 30 pages! Here ya go girl friend....I'm waiting patiently (*not*) for your update....LOL!

Inspiration by Rosewood Manor START
Alrighty people, that's all I have for today...I want to end by saying THANK YOU to all my readers! Your comments make my day! Come back again soon, and until next time keep reaching for the stars!
*(isn't this what Ed McMahan said at the end of Star Search?! LOL!)

30 comments:

  1. What wonderful gifts for a WONDERFUL lady :)
    Enjoy :)
    Nice start on your SAL :)
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vonna..can't wait to follow your progress on Inspiration. It might "inspire" me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice package from Sandy! That was so sweet of her! Your start on Rosewood Manor is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely gifts Vonna :) and great start on Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still laughing about your "redneck slide" ~ you are too much!
    I love the added picture of the Bathing Beuty, really cute.

    Your surprise packages are wonderful!!

    Glad you found time for stitching this weekend...enjoy the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, sweet gifties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet gift. It sounds like your kids had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great Vonna! You do deserve some nice gifts/surprises! :-) Sandy is also a very giving friend! :-)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely RAKs! You deserve it you know! ;)

    Great start on Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hardware store should elect you the customer of the month...you just gave them the best advertisement ever. I am sure they will have a run on plastic sheeting now! What a fun Mom you are to get your kids great cooling fun!
    You do deserve the RAK's. I think you are a very giving person! Looks like a very good start on Inspiration. Can't wait to watch it progress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely goodies! Your progress is quite good on your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gifties. That inspiration is one I have just spotted. It looks quite complicated but very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what lovely RAK goodies!! :D And your start on Inspiration is stunning - isn't that the 30 page chart or something insane like that??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to start Inspiration too! Watching your progress will keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful surprises to get in the mail, those certainly would bring a smile to your face. Your start on your new Rosewood Manor piece looks lovely as well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. You deserve those beautiful gifts! Great start on your new WIP. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey vonna, before i continue, i must tell you how much i LOVE your neighbourhoo rr! you have done an absolutely brilliant job of it -- love the layout, the pretty border you've done for it, and of course what you've stitched on it. is there a blog for this new neighbourhood rr? i would never be able to achieve one for myself, but i just adore looking at all the pictures and what you creative ladies come up with!

    congrats on the RAKs, you deserve them, so enjoy! and your start on the inspiration piece looks good, far more impressive than my own start! lol.

    eileen :)

    ps. good luck with the walking! i'm now into week 4 of my 12-week thing at the gym, so here's hoping the exercise is doing something for me! hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great gifts Vonna! It's wonderful to be surprised and lovely surprises too. Enjoy! Your SAL piece is a gorgeous piece. My LNS owner is doing this and it is even better in person. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like your mailman deserves a big hug this week! Very nice start on Inspiration. That's a gorgeous piece and I'll look forwards to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What nice gifts! Great start on your new WIP too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Goodmorning GF:

    LOL-your slide sounds great. It is about 68 degrees here -- we won't get into the 80's until Thurs

    lovely start! Isn't launching a new project a blast??? I am enjoying the one I'm working on & want to actually FINISH it.

    All your exchanges, RRs, PIFs, etc are just stunning. WOW. Stitchers rock.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great gifts! Wonderful start on Inspiration - I love the fabric you've chosen for it. I will be watching this grow with interest!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your new project, it is going to be very pretty. Your Rak Gifts are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey Vonna girl, pretty start on Rosewood Manor. I'm glad you've received so many little kindnesses lately - you deserve it. :) And a pinkeep from Becky on the way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Vonna,
    You deserve lots of goodies! Your Round Robin Neighborhood looks great! Next time you guys do a round robin, give me a hollar, I'd love to do one too!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're very welcome, you deserve it and I love your Rosewood Manor is so pretty. Wow 30 pages! :D I love the Hen magnet, too cute. TFS and I'm glad you liked everything.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such lovely gifts for such a deserving lady! And, I am going to love watching the progress on Inspiration--wonderful start!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Still kicking along, well kicking and screaming, well actually neither! I'm moping along! I stitched again for a bit on Inspiration (we need to shorten that name) and still didn't make much progress. This is a bit different than other patterns I've stitched as you're constantly changing threads! Oh and the pattern is SO large. What count fabric are you stitching on again?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great RAK's you have here and nice new start

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice projects. Nice surprises.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher