Monday, June 25, 2007

My Best Friend the Postman :)

My dearest friend - the postman - was really good to me today! This is what he brought me:

USEBB Specific Finish - Biscornu Exchange ~ Summer 2007



from the lovely Cathy B.! Funny we had each others names! She sent me this lovely biscornu, in my favorite colors goldish yellows!!! I love it and it is bi-colored too! She did a fabulous job! Thank you Cathy you know I love it! :)
Then I opened up another package to discover this:

Fair Squares Friendship Square #1 from Marie P. Isn't this just lovely? I love AMAP's Victoria Quaker, and when I saw she stitched this for my square! Well I almost cried! I definitely jumped for joy!! Whoo Hoo Marie! thanks!! The great thing about these squares are you can finish them as you like! I'm making friendship square pinkeeps, others are making smalls, still others are making quilts, one lady is actually making a sampler book....the sky is the limit! I'm having fun with this exchange for sure :)
And then this:




My Praiseworthy Stitches autoship from sweet Amy at Down Sunshine Lane came!!! WHOO HOO! I've been looking so forward to these! And this pattern does not disappoint! I love collecting my favorite hand-dyed thread Crescent Colours in this fashion! You get 5 full skeins of thread and a sweet pattern to boot! And Amy always gives your fast service with a smile :) Can't wait to tear into this one!


Finally, let me show you my Fair Squares Friendship Square to dear Marie P. I mailed it last week and hopefully she gets it soon! I chose to stitch this:



Friendship Square from the Little House Needleworks Dear Diary Series. These are sweet little squares that are exactly 50 x 50 stitches. Marie P. and I met through the USEBB board and have become fast friends! So I stitched this square to represent our friendship. Hope you get it soon Marie and you like it!

Ok that's all for me today. I've started my SBEBB Seasonal House that is due on 7/10/07, my heavens I've been cutting these close! I've gotten some done, and I've talked my 4 kiddos into having a "movie" night tonight so they already have their baths and jammies on and it's only 5 p.m. here. LOL! So that means dear Mummy gets to sit and stitch! Well let's hope so anyway....until next time :)

30 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of wonderful stitchy goodness coming and going from your house. Everything is just lovely. That biscornu is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you clever girl, getting all 4 kids in jammies by 5 pm!! GREAT goodies in the mail, I love every little bit of it. :) Beautiful gifts, and I love what you did for the friendship exchange. How do you do those neat photo collages on blogger you've been doing lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna, you continue to amaze me with the amount of stitching you send out and receive, all of it gorgeous, of course! :D
    Maybe once my twins are in high school I can join in on some of these fun stitching exchanges. Hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your biscornu from
    Cathy :) Just lovely :)

    Your Fair and square, both sent and received are beautiful! I see you and Carol had the same idea :) GMTA!!! :) :)

    Have a lovely week dear Vonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The biscornu is beautiful!! Yep, the mailman was kind to you today:)

    How did you mange to get them all showered before 5:00?! You must tell me your secret...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow three packages in one day, that's fantastic!! Both exchanges are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A most lovely biscornu. I like the bi-colour concept! I should try it myself one day :) Love the LHN Sampler and the AMAP Victoria's Quaker. It looks like Carol is stitching that very same design for Margaret! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The biscornu is beautiful. I love the colors. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fantastic mail :)

    The biscornu is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great goodies! I love your square you did, I love LHN. I have been checking out the Praiseworthy Stitches myself, I might have to try that one, the little birds are sweet! Hope you had time to stitch while the kiddies watched their movie!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful colour combination of the biscornu!!
    And Marie's square is just stunning, love it!!
    May I borrow your mailman, he does some lovely work, hee hee!! As do you, the friendship square is so sweet!!
    I hope you had a wonderful evening with loads of stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely mail you received! Cathy's biscornu is really pretty and the friendship pieces are both beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should bake cookies for your mailman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your mailman deserves a treat! And smart thinking, getting the kids all ready for bed at 5:00 pm. Its just like a pyjama party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heavy sigh. . .everything is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a good mail day you had.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photo won't come up, but that is too too funny that we stitched the same block! I knew we were alike in so many ways! I can see the biscornu, though - gorgeous!! Cathy is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful biscornu!! And aren't good mail days just the greatest??? You surely had a good one. :) Enjoy!

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty biscornu that you received. My computer won't let me seen the other pics you posted, not sure what's wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That biscornu is gorgeous! I wish I could see the remainder, but I'm sure everything is equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful mail day - no wonder the postman is your favourite person today.
    Those friendship squares are awesome - it will be so interesting to see what everyone does with them.
    a pinkeep is perfect for the one you received.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy, yummy stitchy goodies there! Mr. Postman was very nice today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great biscournu and squares! I love the squares you stitched too, i got mine posted on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pjs at that hour - now why didn't I think of that??? Oh Ben - time for bed. LOL Your postman IS a dear one - how thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous biscornu! I love the colours. Very inspiring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What lovely squares and an awesome biscournu. =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ugh! Must remember to check your blog while at home so that I can see all the goodies! I can't view your pictures from work. I hope you had a great evening stitching and watching movies.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, so much gorgeous stitching in this post! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely goodies you have received here and the quilt square from Marie is wonderful, I love that little design too :) Your quilt square is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful stitching exchanges, it was a great mail day for you. Your square looks beautiful, LHN projects are so pretty.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher