Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quick Post....

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my gift to Harmien! I appreciate them so much...it really makes my day to read your generous salutations! So thank you for visiting me :)

Next Up: Dear Rachel had a birthday on Tuesday....and although I was frantic to finish up my small token to her....I didn't get it out in time for her to receive it on her birthday :( as a matter of fact I was slamming it in an envelope and throwing it in the mailbox as we were leaving for Holiday World last Monday :)


However it did get to her on Thursday and I hope was a pleasant surprise. Rachel loves all things Little House Needleworks, so I chose to do Summer House ~ a freebie by LHN (the only freebie I own by LHN...and I own dog-gone near all their patterns!) I stitched this cute design over 1 on my baked and basted 28 ct. linen. Here it is:

Summer House Freebie ~ Little House Needleworks

Photo *pinched* from Rachel's blog :)

Fibers: Crescent Colours - Using my own combination

Green = Joshua Tree

Blue = Tartan Plaid

Red = Cupid

White = Cloudy

I've got this on my ever growing list of "making for myself" ....LOL! ** A quick note here...what do you all use to make your fobs weighty? I found out a wonderful trick....slip in a drapery weight....works lovely :)

Next Up: Pay It Forward gifts...got my last two done....won't tell you the people I'm sending them to today...but they should have them in the next week! WhooHoo! Take another thing off my list mister postman !

Next Up: Random Acts of Kindness....let me give a shout out here to my dear friends...first up: Amy, SC . We did a swap here...remember my My ABC exchange? Well Amy, SC loved my fabric that I used to do the back with...so I sent her a cut of it. Dear Amy knew I was wanting LHN freebies so last week, I received a letter with 4 of them in it. Thank you Amy...I've got plans already :)

Do you all know Deb ? Well you need to go on over to her blog and roll in her energy...she's a ball of fire :) She recently purchased an AMAP and received a freebie....I kindly asked her for a copy and dear Deb sent me a envelope full of freebie goodness! Thank you Deb!!! You are a sweetheart!!! I love each and every freebie you sent me :)

Finally, I know that I told you about dear Marie , well that sweetheart sent me a RAK in the form of CCN's Tea Room chart...just because she asked me some blogging questions and I answered them. Now that, I think, is very generous of her! Thank you sweet Marie :) You have become a dear friend of mine and I have to agree that if we lived closer, I'd drink tea with you every day, if you'd have me! LOL!

Well I think that sums up the whole list of things I wanted to tell you :) Besides, thank you to each and every one of my readers....if you just visit thanks! If you leave a comment, bless your heart! I always visit each and every person that leaves me a comment, because I know that it is special to read what others think of your creations. Until the next time....have a superior weekend...it looks like it is going to be a fabulous one!

38 comments:

  1. I love your fob for Rachel, Vonna!
    I always fill my scissor's bobs with rice! Once finished, I love the feel of a rice-filled fob. And it smells good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fob is very cute, and I love the idea of the drapery weight. I've used little plastic pellets before, but I think the drapery weight is a better (and easier less messy) alternative.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like it was an eventful week! I'll have to check out the drapery weights idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to join you for tea!!
    Summer House looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful fob you made, thanks for tip on giving it some weight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vonna, I always stop by when you have posted here but not always leave a comment. Hurry is a bad excuse....
    Rachel is very lucky to have such a wonderful fob !!! I`ve never stitched over 1.

    Happy weekend ! It´s raining here in Oulu, Finland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fob is gorgeous, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vonna, the Summer House Fob is beautiful!! Such a wonderful birthday gift for Rachel!

    I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty fob!!! Great job Vonna!
    And that you again for the fabric, I appreciate it so much. Hope you enjoy the LHN freebies... if I run across more, I'll send them as well.
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful again, Vonna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also meant to thank you for your support through my cancer scare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fob Vonna! I have CCNs tea room in my stash and look forward to stitching it one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fob is awesome! I usually use beans, popcorn or even rice to weigh down my fobs (strange, I know, but cheap). Off to send you an email.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's a pretty fob Vonna..I'm sure she loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a pretty fob!

    You have a nice weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super cute fob! Love it! And great job on the colour choices, they worked together perfectly!

    eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fob is beautiful! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The scissor fob is so pretty. You are such a giving person and well deserved all those great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute fob :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the FOB! ~ I know a lady that placed a half dollar in her FOB for weight and I thought that was a good idea. Do you need to add weight to a FOB??? I just made one but only filled it with fiber fill.

    Glad Your Tea Room pattern arrived~now you can take it off your Wish List :D.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The fob is adorable! I just stuff mine really full. I don't particularly worry about weighting them so I have no good advice :-).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice fob. I have always justed stuffed mine, I never made them weighed down....Congrast to finishing up your PIF gifts, I still am working on mine but will start getting them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have been a busy bee. The fob and basket are wonderful. I have to tell you, whenever I read your blog it puts a smile on my face - you are just the sweetest lady in the WORLD!!!
    Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your fob is beautiful. I don't know how to make fobs so I don't fill them with anything. You're so sweet to send others gifts. How nice of you. I don't do finishing so I just send stash. :D I guess that makes up for it. I hope to one day get to some finishing classes around me and learn how to do some of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a cutie, Vonna :) Congratulations!
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely fob for Rachel - she's a very lucky girl!!
    Sounds like you have received some very pretty patterns and you certainly deserve to be spoiled a little. You are always thinking of others Vonna. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's a stunning fob! And stitched entirely over-one no less ... just gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful fob for Rachael, Vonna. I love 1/1!

    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful work! I'm sure Rachael loves it. :) I don't know what drapery weights are, but I usually just stuff a nickel or a quarter into my fobs when I want some weight.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty fob, the stitching and finishing looks beautiful. Rachael is so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You do the sweetest things for people! thank you for my bight spot today in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Vonna, I've always filled my fobs with those little plastic pellets that they stuff dolls with. I've also used quarters (one from the year that it was stitched in!)

    You are so deserving of these RAKs - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Vonna - you simply amaze me. The needle must have been leaving a wake behind it with the amount of stitching you have done - phew!
    I often use an Aussie 50cent piece from the year I stitched the fob - especially if it is a gift for overseas. But - I won't to try the platic pellet thing as I have heard that they make a nice weight to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This Fob is very beautiful. I like the designs of LHN.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher