Friday, May 04, 2007

Potting Shed Exchange For Rachel

Rachel alerted me that the USEBB Potting Shed Exchange that I stitched for her had arrived safely! So without further ado, here it is:

Love Builds a Garden
Designer: Waxing Moon
Fabric: 32 Ct. silkweaver solo
Threads: DMC
Finished: As garden themed Stand up

Here's the goodies I sent to dear Rachel :)

I was happy to be paired with Rachel because she sent me the most darling ornament in the USEBB Christmas exchange last year (also my *first* exchange ever rec'd!)...so I wanted to do something special for her :) The finishing worked out great...I purchased a fence just like I had when I completed Becky's House and then I saw the coolest little wooden flowers, so I picked up three of those and then I found the wheelbarrow...how can you have a garden themed exchange without a wheelbarrow? So I threw one of those in the cart too! Well these were all unfinished plain wood, so I had to divert to the acrylic paint aisle to pick out paint colors to paint my flowers and wheelbarrow.....got those and came home and started painting. After everything was dry, I glued the flowers to the back of the fence and then attached the wheelbarrow and attached the mounted piece on the fence and viola...it was done! I had a couple of bees left over from Becky's House Exchange so I glued them on in appropriate places and it was finished!

I'm so glad that it was received with joy! I was happy to stitch it for Rachel! Rachel told me that she was having a down day yesterday when she received my little exchange and it brightened her day :) All the better, yes?! Hugs dear friend ~ Thank you for liking my gift as much as I love our friendship :)

**I also want to post that if you've missed my post from yesterday...please travel on down to read it (or just look at the pictures) as I got the most astounding PIF gift from another dear friend Annemarie :) I want to be sure she gets equal exposure to your enthusiastic comments!**

Thanks for the comments ~ I *LOVE* them and your visits! Until next time.... have a great weekend, stitch much, laugh often and love with your whole heart!

38 comments:

  1. I think it's amazing! You did a great job and the finishing is inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another BEEutiful exchange, Vonna :)
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing! You are so clever with your finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful... So unique... Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very convinced that our little stitching bloggers' community have a member whose creative genius knows no boundaries!!! (That's you by the way ;) ) Amazing exchange, amazing, work, amazing dedication! Amazing everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this exchange as I also loved the one for Becky very dearly. You are so good in this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! that's a beautiful exchange gift you've made!!!! Congrats on such a lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! You did a wonderful job:) Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Love the piece and how you finished it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've outdone yourself, Vonna! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Where DO you get these ideas? I'm sure Rachel has a smile on her face every time she looks at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vonna, you did a FANTASTIC job on the Potting Shed Exchange! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza! That is gorgeous! What an amazingly, talented woman you are!! Love the little pif below too. What great stitching. I am beginning to think it dangerous visiting your blog lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty! you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your finishing is so wonderful! Congratulations on another great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your finishing is amazing! Great exchange gift

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute another little fence! I like these, they are so fun. You did a great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOWWWW!!! I am totally amazed at all the work you put in this exchange and at the beautiful project you created!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg! What a amazing finish. You are very talented indeed. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so cute! I love your fence finishes, they are so creative.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vonna - you are amazing. Another beautiful exhange piece - how could you part with it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really admire your finishings. It's another stunner, Vonna!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are an artist, Vonna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW, you are amazing to come up with this, it's too cute! Rachel is one lucky gal. And you are one very talented stitcher. Congrats on a great finish and idea. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Susan9:30 AM

    What a stunning gift!! It's so darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Vonna, I think I am as happy to read all these heartfelt compliments to your creative artistry as I was to receive your amazing gift!! It makes me so happy knowing that this gift comes from the heart and that you are getting so many gushing comments -- the love and dedication to your craft and to your friends really shines through. I will always treasure this, my friend.
    Big Hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks you so very much for the wonderful comment! I have been remiss in leaving comments so I wholeheartedly apologize!!!! You will love working on PTPlus! I adore their fabric and have moonglow to do Mirabilia's "Halloween Fairy" on!!! If in doubt you can always contact Marilyn at the shop and order directly from them....the link is in my sidebar...I never have since my LNS carries their fabric...I count my blessings for such a wonderful LNS all the time! And it was such a pleasure meeting Margaret and now to join a stitching group...I feel blessed!!!! I can't wait to see your progress! My migraine is almost gone ...I came home early yesterday and called in today so I'm off to get some coffee...and hopefully stitch....again I'm sorry I plan to comment more in the future...I do read!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Vonna! Just amazing! You must have been so excited when you found that fence!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Vonna, That little fence is the cutest! It's the perfect gardenlovers piece. Just darling...
    I love the fob that Annmarie sent you! I don't even think we can get Mary Gary things anymore..so this is a real treasure. I love girlie things like this!! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  30. Incredible! What a great exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a gorgeous exchange you have done for Rachel, I really love how you do these onto the picket fence.
    Totally marvelous :-))

    ReplyDelete
  32. Vonna - you are amazing. Another gorgeous exchange piece, beautifully finished.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fantastic package. Great going!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Its wonderful Vonna - you are very inspiring with all your lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Vonna you come up with the coolest finishing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Vonna, incredible finish! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well, there just aren't any words, Vonna... this is just beautiful, Sweetie! Your stitching and finishing talents continue to amaze me! I know Rachel must be over the moon with such a wonderful gift! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am sure R is happy. You are so talented! I admire your skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher