Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tin Box from Su :)

Want to know what makes a gray, rainy day better? Go out to your mailbox and find out you have a package from Su ~ that's what!

Here it is in all its glory!
Isn't it just wonderful?! It's the size of an Altoids tin and she's done an amazing job with the finishing! And the goodies are really spectacular too! Su sent me an antique needle holder, a piece of linen and 2 hanks of Dragon Floss...which I'm particularly thrilled about as I've never used it and they are in scrumptious colors to boot!
~Thank you ever so much Su, for such a wonderful exchange!~
I need to say thanks too...for all the well wishes for the return of my health. I'm 6 days into the pneumonia and I believe I'm finally feeling better. I'm not nearly as out of breath as I was this time last week and I'm getting my strength back daily. I still get tired easily...but I've noticed since Sunday that I'm daily getting to do more things without just wanting to fall down and sleep.


As far as my stitching goes...I've been doing A LOT of it recently...but I can't show you ONE THING about it. I can say that today I posted my SBEBB House Exchange...can't wait for my partner to receive it :) And I also have completed the stitching on my ABC Exchange and Pinkeep Exchange for the SBEBB. Finally, I've started the stitching on the USEBB Potting Shed Exchange (which I'm the moderator for...so I've got to make a good showing on this one at least) and I've also started the USEBB Specific Finish - Biscornu exchange...I think that this one is going to be mighty hard to part with...it's beautiful! I also started and have nearly completed a birthday gift. So I've really been a stitching dynamo and my middle finger of my right hand (my needle pusher finger) has a callus built up on it!

Alrighty then....that's all I've got for today....Thanks again to my readers, you make my day! Oh....and I'm close to having my 1000 comment!!! So I'm preparing a little package of goodies for the lucky person that it happens to be...will it be you? It should happen in the next few posts or so...SO until next time.... big SMILES :) to you!

27 comments:

  1. Hi Vonna,

    I didn't know that you were ill. I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better. I love the tin that Su sent you. Those tins are really useful. I always laugh because most people throw them away but if you happen to be a stitcher you are constantly on the hunt for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO glad you are feeling better, Vonna! Don't push yourself and still gets lots of rest. Of course still gets lots of stitching, that always makes us feel better!

    I love Su's tin box, its so sweet and the goodies she sent along are wonderful. Great timing too, I'm sure these helped to speed along your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tin from Su :) I know you were thrilled to receive this and so happy it brightened your day :) It's just so lovely!
    I am glad you hear you are feeling better.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Von, I'm in awe of your stitching virtuoso!!! Wow...lots of stitching exchanges and stuff going on in your house, madame! Love your stitched pieces, and love the one your received--the tin with all it's tiny pieces. It's to die for! Good luck with all...I'm checking in because Connie mentioned your visit with her, and I had to see what you two were up to, as well. Stop by and see me sometime, too!
    Deb in FL
    RAK Registry
    http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a wonderful exchange! I look forwad to when you can share that storm you've been stitching up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you are feeling better! What a great tin! I'll keep everyone osted at the CAT scan.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your tin is beautiful. I love it. You sure do sound busy. I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely tin Su sent you. And I see I didn't need to feel sorry for you, with your pneumonia and all. Lying in bed for days and stitching is nothing to feel sorry for.:o)))
    No, seriously, I'm so happy you're feeling a bit better. Watch that mailbox. There might be something in there any day now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. If that's not adorable - I don't know what is! :) I am glad you are feeling better. Hope your health keeps improving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a wonderful exchange, what a lovely tin. It's good to hear that you're feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better! That tin would definately cheer anyone up - what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful gift! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Sounds you've been getting lots of stitching in...great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful little tin. That would sure brighten up a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and that the pneumonia did not slow up your stitching! :) The little tin you received is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vonna, I'm so glad you're feeling better and getting so much stitching done! I really look forward to pictures of all the projects you've completed. I hope you'll continue to rest often and not over do it. You continue to be in my thoughts - J

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are feeling better - everytime I see a comment from you, I think "aren't you supposed to be in bed?" LOL. Beautiful tin you received. You've been a really busy girl with the exchanges too - can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to hear that You are feeling better !!
    Tin box looks lovely ! I can´t wait to see pics about Your exchange !

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beautiful tin from Su! So glad you're feeling better - hope you're fully fit soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to hear you are feeling better Vonna.
    Your exchange from Su is absolutely gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the exchange pieces you have stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great tin. I definitely need to try one of those! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That goodie package is awesome! Su does it up good for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Be sure to take care of yourself! I love the needleroll that you did and the pretty tin from Su. You sound so cheerful even when you're sick--you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear your feeling better! Your tin exchange from Su is gorgeous. I can't wait to see all this stitching you have been up too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely little tin exchange from Su, they are so cute when they are tiny :-))So glad to hear you are much better and pleased to hear of all the wonderful sounding stitching you have been up to...can't wait to see it :-))
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet little tin from Su - I love how she included your 'V' inside. We don't get Altoids in Oz and I recently purchased Whitman's tins from the UK - crazy isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope that you feel better soon Vonna, pnuemonia is rough to have. Hugs from the UK for you my friend
    Su

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher