Friday, April 13, 2007

Quakers and Houses

It may be Friday the 13th, but I've had a SPECTACULAR day!!! First off this a.m. I saw my favorite guy coming down the street. Yep, he's the postman :) Gotta love that guy especially when you go out to the mailbox and find a package addressed to you!

I ripped that thing open and lo and behold I found this: Quaker Biscornu
Stitched by: Melissa for the USEBB Spring Quaker Exchange
Isn't it just scrumptious?! She did a fabulous job and I just love the fiber she used....it definitely has the colors of spring in there and it looks fabulous in my stitching curio cabinet ;) She also sent the most perfect extras ~ a pad of butterfly cutout post-it notes *extra sticky* and 4 skeins of Vicki Clayton silks in my MOST FAVORITE COLORS!!!! Now I've been thinking, wondering, filling carts, emptying them again, asking questions, about Vicki Clayton silks for well....a long time. I just want to try them so much! Well worry, think and wonder no more! I can now try them out in the yummy colors of: Blue, Yellow, Green and Pink!!! THANK YOU Melissa! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your lovely exchange :)
Next up: The SBEBB House with Landscaping Option. This is my first exchange with the SBEBB, and I was lucky to get Becky, SC (herself) as my partner! Oh YIKES...is what I thought...not that I don't adore Becky...because I do, but it was like...Oh YIKES, how can I make something that will even live up to anything that she has made OR anything that she has received from all you lovely stitchers out there that exchange with her. I was in a quandry for sure....but dear Becky chose as her Landscape option: Beehives and a flower or two :) So I got out all my patterns and started thinking about what I was going to stitch. I came up with this:

Elements from Diane Williams designs: Daisy Lane Cottage, Peach Tree Cottage and Joy in the Journey. I slapped a bit from each of these all together and I think it turned out pretty O.K. Oh, the little beehive hanging from the tree is a Vonna Original ;) (all rights reserved, please! ~ LOL!!)

So, I got it all stitched up and then I thought....HOW in blue blazes am I going to finish this?! Then one day, it hit me from out of nowhere....a picket fence! That's how I wanted to finish it...mount it on a white picket fence. So my husband and I discussed the possibilities and had it all hammered down that I was going to buy some basswood and make a picket fence. So I went to Hobby Lobby and was walking the wood aisle and I found the PERFECT picket fence already painted and everything :) So I came up with this as my finish:

SBEBB House Themed Exchange with Landscaping Option

Alrighty then....that's all I have for today. Whoops, one more thing...I made my very first pinkeep today :) And if I do say so myself...I LOVE PINKEEPS! I think I'm going to make about a dozen or so more....if I only knew what I was missing! Would love to show you...but alas this pinkeep isn't for me :( and it's going to be rough parting with it because it is beautiful. Oh, well...I'll make another for myself.

O.K. folks...that's all I have today...now I'm getting *really, really* close to having my 1000th commenter AND I have the prize all picked out and purchased and ready to go...will it be you?! Have a great weekend everyone! Thank you for visiting :) Come on back again real soon!

43 comments:

  1. Vonna your exchange for Becky is beautiful. I love it!
    Sounds like you're feeling better! Have a lovely weekend - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vonna....you already know how thrilled, excited, honored and overwhelmed I am by your exchange for me :) THANK you again my friend :) It's just as perfect as can BEE :)

    I love the Biscornu from Melissa :)

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet biscornu from Melissa!

    I love the house and fence you sent Becky - it's just perfect! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The exchange for Becky is magical! So creative. Congrats1

    Thank you for your kind comments the other day. It really means a lot to have so much support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vonna, that is so beautiful! I LOVE IT!!!

    We haven't forgotten about the My Hometown SAL...can you be patient for a little while longer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great exchange Biscornu from Melissa!
    And oh Wow, oh Wow I love what you have made for Becky, it is brilliant :-)) You have got a really creative talent and I love to see how it is developing. You rise to the challenge every time and come up with something perfectly original...stitching superstar you ;-)
    I would love to have seen your pinkeep but I will be patient...only because I have to be! Glad you must be feeling better and hope you have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Girl,
    Hoping you are feeling better! That was the sweetest cross stitch you did for Becky, I love the fact that you put it on a post like you did. Great job!!!!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your exchange with the Picket fence is sooo cute!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how creative you are with your finishing. I hope that you know that I am having the same reaction to having you as an exchange partner as you had for Becky! Oh, the pressure to do some clever finishing.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't I tell you you're a powerhouse of ideas! Martha Stewart look out! It's definitely a Vonna original...picket fence and all including the beehive hanging from the tree! :)

    What can I say? Absolutely super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot (also a ploy to be the 1000th commentor ;) ) I 'm so glad you're feeling better and of course the beautiful exchange you got from Melissa is just what the doctor ordered :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutey stunning!

    and soooooo gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vonna your stitching is just gorgeous ;) You can be happy that anyone would love to receive something as beautiful :) Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness but this house for Becky is beautiful. I keep on looking at it and am simply amazed by the stitching as well as the adorable picket fence. I feel like grabbing it right off the screen & taking it for myself.(lol)
    The biscornu you received is so pretty and you will have such a wonderful time stitching with your silks.
    Glad you're feeling better. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors in the Biscornu. Very pretty. Enjoy tyring out the VC silks. I just got a few of my firsts too. I'm not to sure what to do with them just yet. ;)

    Your finish looks great. Your idea on how to finish it came out so cute and I love the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely surprise to get in the mail. The biscornu is so pretty and the whole package was like you said so spring like it would have been great fun to open.

    Your house with landscaping turned out fantastic. I think you did a great job pulling it all together, and the idea to finish it on the fence was so unique and creative. Really like the bees you found to put on the fence to, they tied in perfectly.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!!! I just love what you did for Becky, and how perfectly finished. I would of never of thought of finshing it like that!

    I love the biscornu you received the colours are just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute biscornu!! And what you made for Becky.... so impressive - you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that biscournu, it is so bright and cheery, and the silk threads are drool-worthy. I've never used silk before :D And the house exchange is so Becky it is perfect. Great job on it, the fence is so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vonna - what an amazing finish for Becky. I just love that picket fence - it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I could eat that biscornu, its colours are so yummy and spring like! :)

    And I agree with others, your exchange item for Becky is just the thing and gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful biscornu! Im looking forward to trying vikki clayton silks too...just waiting for the postman! Your stitching and finishing is amazing. I love the picket fence...so creative! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vonna, I love the piece you finished for Becky. Beautiful!! I visit Becky's blog for inspiration and now I have another one to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how wonderful everything looks! Yes, gotta love that postman!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your postman, too! LOL

    Your exchange for Becky is amazing, Vonna. You did GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Vonna! Your creativity amazes me! You did a fantastic job with your exchange to Becky! Congratulations on another amazing finish! The biscornu also looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Becky's project is brilliant!! You're brilliant!! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw your SBEBB House Themed Exchange over on Becky's Blog earlier...such a cute idea! And you were worried about living up to her stitching/finishes or anyone else's...you did a fantastic job! Very neat stuff, thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty little biscornu...you're right, it looks very spring-y!

    Your little picket fence house is adorable! Pretty talented for a HOOSIER....how on earth did THAT happen?!?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your exchange from Melissa and your piece you made for Becky is just awesome. WOW you are so talented to come up with that. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The house exchange for Becky looks fantastic! Great finishing!
    And the biscornu you received is beautiful. I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Vonna, your picket fence is adorable. So ingenious! You deserve to be so proud of yourself. A lovely biscornu from Melissa too, such wonderful spring colours.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a lovely biscornu and exchange from Melissa! More than that, the exchange you sent Becky is just fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great gift from your exchange. The picket fence finish is so creative I bet she had to be in aww of it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, I've just started a blog and came across yours. I don't understand this exchange thing that I read about on people's blogs, but you have received some beautiful things. And the piece you stitched up with the house and beehives is beautiful and the finishing is so unique. I'm very impressed.

    Since I'm trying to figure out all the things you can do with a blog, can I ask you about the comment counter? How do you set something like that up? Hope you don't mind my asking.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your exchange piece is beautiful! I love the way you finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Spectacular, Vonna! You truly outdid yourself with Becky's exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow I love the way you finished the house, what a terrific idea...Can't wait to see your pinkeep, I have yet to try one, but you are inspiring me to..

    ReplyDelete
  39. You come up with the most incredible, creative finishes. I love it! I wish I had 1/10 of your creativity. :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful biscornu! The exchange you did for Becky is just awesome. What a great idea and the elements you put together were beautiful! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  41. How wonderfully creative and talented you are, Vonna! :-) The exchange you made for Becky is so very Beautiful and so original!!! I love it! The design comes together perfectly and the picket fence was the icing on the cake! :-) Hunny, you are so inspiring!

    Lovely biscornu and goodies from Melissa... I know you must be tickled pink with them!

    Thanks for your lovely and thoughtful wishes, Vonna... You are such a sweetheart... You brighten my days and always make me smile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is absolutely gorgeous Vonna! Congratulations, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You sure know how to stitch and finish the stitching! And that surprise you got...it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher