Monday, April 16, 2007

Becky's House Themed Exchange for ME!

This past weekend....I had to work :( I DID have a Dr.'s excuse to take off because of my pneumonia...however....I felt a little guilty because I visited Mary Kathryn at ehandcrafts.com and did a rather LOT of stashing...so I thought I needed to do a little WORKING so that my DH wouldn't lose his temper :) LOL! Plus I was feeling almost normal and I would have felt guilty if I stayed at home and made my co-workers pick up my slack. It all worked out. Anyway...after I got home from a 12 hr. shift on Saturday I had a LARGE package waiting for me :) and imagine my SURPRISE when I saw on the return address....Becky's name!!! WAHOO! Dear Becky had my name for the House Themed Exchange on the SBEBB. For my landscaping "add in" I chose sheep. Here's what she made for me: Becky's lovely House w/ Sheep themed exchange for me
Scissors Pocket, Needle keep and Covered Tape Measure!!!
Aren't they beautiful???!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) : )

Here's a close up of the Needle Keep (outside Front)

Needle Keep (Inside Sheep) ~ Isn't that adorable?!

Needle Keep (back outside)

Then here's the whole package (!) Wow, Huh?! I got two patterns off my wish list, a darling stamp set with a kitty and paw stampers (my DD already claimed this as hers ~ LOL!), a clip on calendar, a journal and a lovely heart shaped country plaque, and the country patchwork fabric that everything is laying on! ISN'T THAT A HAUL?! Becky was too generous with me and I told her so :) I love just everything and it's all in a place of honor in my stitching curio cabinet...It is so pretty :) Thank you ever so much Becky! I love each and every piece!

Not much stitching news for me...since I worked, I didn't have any time....plus all 4 of my kids are sick: Katie (nasal drainage & cough), Ian (sinus and ear infection), Jacob (nasal drainage & cough) and Ellie (nasal drainage & cough). Poor dears they are all feeling a little ill. But they'll soon be well...one thing I've learned as a parent is this: my kids immune systems are a lot better at clearing out the junk then my 36 year old one!

Hugs to you all :) Thank you ever so much for the nice comments you've left about my House Theme exchange to Becky :) Thanks for the visits both the silent readers and my commenters!

Until next time ~

35 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling well enough to go back to work, but so sorry about the kids. You're right tho, they'll be back in business in no time. :)

    You are a lucky girl - Becky has treated you royally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vonna,

    Your exchange from Becky is really nice. I hope the kids are all feeling better very soon.

    I'm going to visit my family in Michigan this week. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome package to recieve. Be sure to take it easy when you're back at work... you don't want another flare up of pneumonia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky did a great job on your exchange! You take it easy and don't work too hard - you don't want a relapse :) Hope all the family are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that country-themed fabric, too! Last summer my Granma had a big piece of it and made me a quilted bag to hold/carry my scroll frame. I just love it!

    Hope you get to feeling better, soon! Someone in our household has had some form of the creeping crud ever since December. I'm ready for REAL spring so we can get rid of the sickie bugs around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful package. Sounds like you need a pick me up like that!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo beautiful - congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WONDERFUL Vonna, congrats!
    Hope everyone at your house is soon well!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great stitchy gifts you received. They are just beautiful. I do hope you and your kids all get well soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better now Vonna.
    I have already admired this exchange over at the SBEBB but WOW - you have been well spoiled with 3 gorgeous pieces from Becky. I just love the sheep inside the Needle Keep - cute finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful exchange to receive! I love the way Becky incorporated the sheep into each piece.

    Here's get well soon wishes to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful treasures you received in your exchange!! Glad to hear you're on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are really beautiful stitchers' accessories that you received from Becky! Good to hear you're feeling much better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your exchange pieces, they are so pretty. Glad you're feeling better. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope everyoe is feeling better soon, Spring colds are the worst.

    The exchange is absolutely gorgeous! Becky always makes such pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my but that is such a lovely surprise to get! Congrats, it is very lovely and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great gifts you received! She did an amazing job on everything. Hope your family get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was admiring this yesterday. Very nice exchange! Becky does an awesome job! Sorry to hear all the kids are sick. That is no fun! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Vonna, Becky's exchange gift is beautifully done. I love your choice of adding sheep to the pieces.
    I'm sorry to hear the kids are under the weather and hope that you don't catch any of it. I hope you won't rush getting well and still give yourself a lot of time to rest.
    I hope I don't get you into much stash buying trouble with the weekly Hoffman updates. Maybe some day we can stitch on Inspiration together. I won't be able to start on it for a while either so no rush.
    Thank you for visiting, supporting, and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it, have a good week - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so happpy that you are pleased with your exchange :) It was such a pleasure to stitch for you :)

    I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of Becky's packages will perk you right up, won't it! She really outdid herself on this one, especially with all of the sheep details in the needlebook (inside and back). Marvelous - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Vonna, sounds like the sick-fairy has moved right in at your house! I hope you'll all be fully recovered very soon!

    This is a gorgeous exchange from Becky. As was yours to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic exchange. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now all of the kiddies are sick too?!? Oh no! I hope that you all recover and feel good again really soon *hugs*

    Becky has really outdone herself, how beautiful! I love it all. You deserve it :) Enjoy your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an awesome surprise! The little sheepie is the best, I love sheep. So cute. Sorry you babies are sick, hope they get better soon. Your hubby sounds like mine, all bark, no bite!:) but it does make them think we try! hehehe.
    Glad your getting back to normal!Try not to relapse though.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a marvelous exchange gift from Becky. You will have so much fun with all of this.
    Glad you're feeling better - just wish your kids weren't sick now. Hope everyone is feel well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow, I love your exchanged gift. Hope you are doing better. I don't know how you can manage to work 12 hours and it is quite an accomplishment to take care of 4 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Isn't Becky's stitching absolutely gorgeous?? You lucky girl!!
    Will write soon!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - great exchange! Becky made some beautiful gifts for you.

    Sorry to hear about the kiddies all being sick. I hope they all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great exchange from Beckt-it is just great! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, Vonna! What a lovely exchange gift from Becky! I know you must be over the moon with all of it! :-)

    I'm so sorry to hear all your children were sick... I hope they are all better now and that you are feeling better as well. Sending you lots of {{{Hugs}}} Sweetie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beutiful items in your exchange, that would be a wonderful mail day to come home to. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! I'm sure you had a big smile when you came home to this wonderful package from Becky. It is all so very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, some exquisite exchange pieces there! Eye candy and a half!! :D Glad to hear you're recovering from the pneumonia and getting back on your feet again ... I think the stashing session is what tipped the scale in recovery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am sad for your kids. I am happy for you. You got quite a package.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher