Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Stitching Updates and Winter Storm

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone is having a "heart-filled" day! We've been iced and snowed in for the past two days so I've got LOTS of pictures and stitchy news to share :)
First off: Dear Becky alerted me that she received my little fob that I sent to her in celebration of her birthday! I was happy to do it :)
Becky is an angel on earth and gives and gives to so many people that I felt that I needed to do something for her to let her know that she is appreciated, then I found out her birthday was coming up so.....here's what I stitched for her:


Little House Needleworks ~ Bee PinKeep ~ from the Gift of Stitching ~ January 2007



Stitched on 28 ct. Raw Linen with DMC threads in colors specified.


Stitched only the to the first lace ring and made into a scissors fob


I beaded the edges with small opalescent Mill Hill Pink beads :) I think Becky really liked it and it always makes me feel good giving to others and brightening other people's days. I was happy to stitch for her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!!!

Next Up: My RR fabric and work on it so far....I've got it sectioned off and I'm working on a border motif....I'm going to have the participants of the RR put their names in between the two border lines with their first anfd last name and hometown/country. I think it's really turning out how I envisioned it :) Again this is being stitched on my own tea/coffee stained bake and basted fabric :)


NEXT UP: I mentioned starting yet another project...well thanks to my friend Myrna I was enabled to start it, because...Myrna said it seemed to be a quick stitch...seems to be true as this is what I started last night and worked on for 1 hour....presenting "HOME OF A NEEDLEWORKER" by Little House Needleworks. I HEART Little House Needleworks and this is going to be a lovely project all for me!!! Myrna and I are doing a very "loose" SAL on this piece and updating on the Friends Gather BB that BeckySC has started up again.
NEXT UP: Today is Wednesday and it is my SAL on The Villiage of Hawk Run Hollow with Annemarie and Harmien. Today I worked on Block #12 - The Olde Burial Grounds
Here is the entire project:
And here is Block 12 up close to see the detail...doesn't look like much was accomplished does it?! Finally and I know that you are all getting tired of reading this lengthy post, however....here are some pictures off our back deck that is on the second story from the back of the house....you can just see the ice coating the tree limbs and glistening in the sun...this picture was taken at around 10 a.m.

This picture was taken at dawn:


Ok, that's all I have for this time....I want to again express my sincere appreciation for all the visits I have been having and all of the comments. You make me smile! :)

26 comments:

  1. You've been busy, Vonna! And I love the scissor fob you made for Becky. Its lovely and the beaded edging looks fantastic. VOHRH looks great as do all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vonna...thank you again SO much for my birthday gift :) I LOVE it!

    ((((hugs))))
    BeckySC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonna, the fob you made is very pretty! I really like the beading around the edge... I like the new blog look, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fob for Becky is so perfect! And thanks for the other pictures, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been one busy, busy girl! The fob for Becky is wonderful, I'm sure she adores it. Looks like you had a bit more ice than we did. Our got covered with about 4 inches of snow. Thank goodness it wasn't more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitching, and the SNOW!!! Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow and wow. You've done some incredible stitching. Everything looks great. I worked on VoHRH tonight and was thinking of you and the fact that I hadn't seen a pic of yours for some time. It looks fabulous. And that fob you made for Becky is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you've been pretty busy ;) Great work on the fob! And the wintery pictures...just so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Village of Hawk Run Hollow is definitely going on my Wish List! I can't wait to see more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fob for Becky is beautiful, good work! It was great to see other photos too, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fob for Becky! Your other WIPs are looking great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post - so much to look at!!! WIPS look great and the fob is lovely. I also love LHN and have been looking at "home of a needleworker" recently and wishing it into my stash (!), not that i have time to start it mind you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fob! It is soooo Becky!

    Home of a Needleworker is looking good... I haven't graphed out my name yet for it. I'm still working on the house! (Oh and LHN Peaches!)

    I even found another LHN I had started a few years ago! I'll restart it on another fabric, tho...

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a lovely gift for Becky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Village cross stitch is so pretty and your FOB for Becky is perfect with the little bees. Love your pics of the weather....we had snow and ice on the limbs also...it's cold...but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This fob is perfect for Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing like being snowed in to indulge in some guilt-free stitching! :D HoaN is so much fun - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a lovely gift for Becky! And, I loved looking at all of your stitching updates--great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your gift fob to Becky is sooo pretty. Hope you are enjoying the cold weather and snow. Nice seeing your WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous scissor fob and a great idea! The snow is cold, but it is very pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're WIP are coming along great, love the fob you did for Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the fob you stitched for Becky. What a great idea to make it into a fob! Your WIPs are looking fantastic. And I love your diamond trees. A girl can't have enough sparkly things, especially when nature provides them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You made a beautiful fob for Becky! How sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! I luv all your stitching pictures ... you have been busy with your needle : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love your little scissor fob Vonna!! I love how it turned out. I too take that magazine and may need to do it for myself sometime!! You have great taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You sure know how to stitch your RR. I could make only a mess. Stamped needlepoint canvases are my thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher