Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Stitching Gift

Look at what I received in the mail today! Dawn sent me my first Pay It Forward gift :) I had sent her a scissors fob at the beginning of 2007 and here she sent me a lovely stitched sign to hang by stitching chair....I wonder if people will pay any attention and leave Mom alone?!
Anyway, Dawn did a wonderful job of stitching she said it was a EMS freebie. It's lovely and her stitching is perfect! Thanks Dawn what a wonderful, lovely surprise :0)

Here is a picture of the tree in our back yard.....if you look closely you can see the ice coating....this picture was taken last evening...the sun was setting and it was just a brilliant picture
And this is our view from the back of our house....beautiful isn't it?! You ought to see it in the fall! It's stupendous.....the trees are all "twinkling" like diamonds because of the ice.

Well I have to work this weekend...so I won't be doing a whole lot of stitching, but I'm working on it because I have a Stitch A Thon going on over at the Friends Gather BB....I'm the moderator, so I need to have a good showing :o)
My last Cookie Booth for selling Girl Scout cookies is tonight...*thank Heavens*....about this time of year I'm sick of Girl Scout Cookies and sick of Girl Scouting PERIOD!
Hope you all have a good weekend....stay safe, stay warm and stitch oodles!


25 comments:

  1. And here I thought you were living in a city, or a built-up area at least. That is one stunning view!!
    What a wonderful git from Dawn!! You had better explain to those kiddies of yours that you mean business from now on... hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty rotten view from your home :o) Could we perhaps switch houses, do you think?
    Dawn's gift is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty...wonder if there is a t-shirt version of it so the men in my family don't miss it...better yet...a hat for my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Your gift from Dawn is lovely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty present Dawn sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift! Love the photos too, looks beautiful. No snow in scotland, just rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sick of Girl Scout cookies??!

    Those are gorgeous pictures. I just love how trees look in ice.

    Have a great weekend, even though you do have to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vonna! I love the little stitched piece. The pictures of the trees and all are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's gorgeous - great job, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great gift :)

    Your pictures are pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics, professionally taken! Great gift from Dawn, so apt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely giftie for you, Vonna :)

    Your pics are awesome! WOW!!

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful gift from Dawn. Thanks for sharing your back yard photo with all of it. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you're sick of the Scouting thing, but you're doing a good thing - hang in there! :D

    So sorry that work will interfere with your stitching this weekend. Knowing you, tho, I'm sure the Stitchathon will go fine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice job she did. Great PIF gift. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice PIF gift! Your scissors fob for Becky is pretty great too!

    Have a great weekend (even though you have to work!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you liked it and hope you get lot's of use out of it. I also love the photos of your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a neat PIF gift!!

    I was a "Cookie Mom" for 4 years in a row so I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great gift from Dawn, hope people pay attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your trees look awesome - I can't imagine what it would be like to live with snow and ice. Funny to think that we have had 40degrees C and you have had snow!
    Love the giftie from Dawn - I am hoping it has enough magic to do a good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely gift, it's pretty! It was also nice to see the photos, beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your gift from Dawn is great and I love the ice pictures too. Although I know how dangerous to much of that ice can be even to the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos! What a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning winter photo's and what a beautiful view you have you are very lucky :-))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice pictures. I mean your photos. The PIF is nice too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following me on my blog. If you have any questions, please ensure that your e-mail is left or associated with your profile so that I may contact you. Or you may contact me personally at: thetwistedstitcher@comcast.net
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment!
~Vonna
The Twisted Stitcher